Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, July 23
Gold Coast v Western Bulldogs (MS) (N)

Friday, July 24
Greater Western Sydney v Richmond (GS) (N)

Saturday, July 25
North Melbourne v Carlton (G)
Sydney v Hawthorn (SCG)
Port Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

Sunday, July 26
Adelaide v Essendon (AO)
West Coast v Collingwood (OS)
Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (MS) (N)

Monday, July 27
Fremantle v Geelong (OS) (N)

Remembering the change of rounds will become fun soon. Or do we just do a "SuperThread" for the "SupeRound"?

Gold Coast v Western Bulldogs - FULL RED VS FULL ROYALLL 😍
Greater Western Sydney v Richmond - Tiges home/white?
North Melbourne v Carlton - Was easier when North would wear all-white. Carlton white shorts in this is meh to me.
Sydney v Hawthorn - Easy
Port Adelaide v St Kilda - Easy
Adelaide v Essendon - Easy
West Coast v Collingwood - Please don't wear home with white shorts!
Melbourne v Brisbane Lions - Easy
Fremantle v Geelong - Easy

Remembering the change of rounds will become fun soon. Or do we just do a "SuperThread" for the "SupeRound"?

I've got a trick up my sleeve ;)

Adelaide v Essendon - Easy

Only been easy since last year (?) when Essendon finally wore their clash away to us.

West Coast v Collingwood - Please don't wear home with white shorts!

Why not? The 2018 GF was a great matchup. Granted, I don't see any need for Collingwood to wear white shorts at all in this match, but there certainly won't be a clash.

Why not? The 2018 GF was a great matchup. Granted, I don't see any need for Collingwood to wear white shorts at all in this match, but there certainly won't be a clash.
Mainly coz it's not as aesthetically pleasing as all-black or all white (or white with black shorts)

GCS v WB- Full Home v Full Home
GWS v RICH- Full Home v Home/White
NM v CARL- Full Home v Home/White
SYD v HAW- Full Home v Legends/White
PA v STK- Full Home v Clash/White
ADE v ESS- Full Home v Clash/White
WCE v COLL- Full Home v Home/White
MEL v BL- Full Home v Clash/White
FRE v GEE- Full Home v Home/White

Are we so conditioned to white shorts that two teams in full colour is too much?!
Well I know I'm warming more to the white shorts away rule, but I feel like I'm the only one.

With the Dogs guernsey though, it's too bright of a blue to have the full kit. White breaks it up well, because it is a club colour.

Well I know I'm warming more to the white shorts away rule, but I feel like I'm the only one.

With the Dogs guernsey though, it's too bright of a blue to have the full kit. White breaks it up well, because it is a club colour.
I disagree with your logic but I do love the WB royal/white kit.

If I had my way I'd ditch the white shorts for away teams rule in a heartbeat, but if there was one team I'd consider letting it slide for, its the Dogs. But only if the home team has no white in their jumper. Dogs home with white shorts is a ripper look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCS v WB- Full Home v Full Home
GWS v RICH- Full Home v Home/White
NM v CARL- Full Home v Home/White
SYD v HAW- Full Home v Legends/White
PA v STK- Full Home v Clash/White
ADE v ESS- Full Home v Clash/White
WCE v COLL- Full Home v Home/White
MEL v BL- Full Home v Clash/White
FRE v GEE- Full Home v Home/White

Doubt Hawks will wear white shorts vs Sydney.

But then again...

If I had my way I'd ditch the white shorts for away teams rule in a heartbeat, but if there was one team I'd consider letting it slide for, its the Dogs. But only if the home team has no white in their jumper. Dogs home with white shorts is a ripper look.
Agree, and a bit like the old Victorian State of origin team, which always wore the white shorts, home or away.

Very disappointing that this GWS/Rich matchup will have both teams in their home jumpers, but not for a game that actually matters such as, say idk, the GF last year.

And then when Collingwood play Geelong in the QF suddenly contrast isn't an issue anymore. Its one of the only "Vicco bias" points that pisses Victorian fans off alike.

No reason why this match up couldn't have occurred last year (with reversed shorts).

The black/yellow really pops against GWS' charcoal/orange. Surprisingly happy with it.
I feel like GWS chose to wear their clash? They wore their home against us in the 17 PF, and we’ve never worn our clash against them, so I doubt it’s an AFL thing.

I feel like GWS chose to wear their clash? They wore their home against us in the 17 PF, and we’ve never worn our clash against them, so I doubt it’s an AFL thing.
They also wore their home against Richmond in the 2017 prelim so i can’t see why they wouldn’t be allowed to wear it in the granny

No white shorts in North vs Carlton, similarly to that game in Hobart a few years ago.

Well this match up should clear the way for no white shorts in 60 to 70% of games at Kardinia Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back