Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Friday 31st July 5.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
SchqfRHE.jpg

Ins & Outs

Go for it!

McGovern injury or not had to be dropped, Moore and Murphy also have to go for me.

McGovern is unfit. This isn't news. Fumbly and has limited impact.

Moore looked completely lost and provided nothing.

Murphy gives us 0 defensively and his one of the worst offenders and putting high hack kicks into the 50. I just don't see why he should be in ahead of Fisher or Dow.

Ins will depend on fitness but McKay and JSOS. Next option would be TDK. If neither JSOS or McKay are fit I'd rather we went smaller or gave someone like McCreadie a chance.

Dow or Fisher for Murphy.

Hawks have Stratton, Frawley and Sicily as their key defenders. Not a huge amount of height there.

I'm happy to play Levi, Harry and rotate Kennedy and Cripps up forward, and play a small forward line when Levi relieves Pitto in the ruck.

Hopefully Harry and Jack are fit.
Gov and Moore are obvious outs.

If H/Jack don't get up, bring in TDK/Honey

So much hinges on the availability of our key forwards...with them in we should beat the Hawks who are in poor form. Without them we'll be inefficient I50 again and might lose.

6 day turnaround, doubt Harry or McGovern will be fit...give them the extra rest to be fresh after the bye.
Casboult is clearly struggling but will probably have to play...is he fit enough to ruck though?
JSOS was listed as 1-2 weeks in the injury report I think so will be touch & go.

So much hinges on the availability of our key forwards...with them in we should beat the Hawks who are in poor form. Without them we'll be inefficient I50 again and might lose.

6 day turnaround, doubt Harry or McGovern will be fit...give them the extra rest to be fresh after the bye.
Casboult is clearly struggling but will probably have to play...is he fit enough to ruck though?
JSOS was listed as 1-2 weeks in the injury report I think so will be touch & go.

Could cope with the King and Honey

I think we need to have a look at slowly replacing our senior guys. Simpson Betts etc
I would start first with Murphy. Here me out before you bash me for it.

He's been a great of the club and I've loved his whole career but I think the time has come to make the hard call to drop him for someone like fisher.

Reasons for this are his physicality and lack of defensive pressure. He's clearly not able to tackle like he once could and yeah maybe it hasn't cost us yet but I think eventually he will.
I would look at making the switch to fisher as we need to get games into him anyway for when we tilt for the flag and his body can run out the game and apply pressure that Murphy at his age unfortunately can't.

I think this change will happen at some stage wether it's next week or towards the end of the season but it will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy's got a young family in Melbourne. Reckon he can sit out the WA leg and take a flight back to Melbourne this afternoon.

Moore out as quickly as he was in. Harry to slot straight back.

I've had enough of Newnes, the good doesn't outweigh the bad for mine.

Don't care exactly who we have as ins - Harry, Dow, JSOS, Honey, O'Brien

Could cope with the King and Honey

2 rookies in the forward line with an injured Casboult probably doesn't get the job done. Can already see us being very inefficient inside 50 again.
But we just have to wait to see whether Harry/Gov/JSOS are fit enough.

As a back up option wouldn't mind playing Philp or Fisher and moving Kennedy to the forward line.

2 rookies in the forward line with an injured Casboult probably doesn't get the job done. Can already see us being very inefficient inside 50 again.
But we just have to wait to see whether Harry/Gov/JSOS are fit enough.

As a back up option wouldn't mind playing Philp or Fisher and moving Kennedy to the forward line.

Gov is clearly out. You don't sit our half a game with a hammy and play the next week. Hope the other 2 are right, but won't hold my breath.
Surely TDK and Honey both offer more than Moore. Of Fish or Philp.

Hawks are awful. Game plan is rubbish. Not helped by the fact that they don’t have a functioning forward line. Also about to lose to Sydney, so the torch will be applied to them and Clarkson.

In other words, it’s déjà by. Hopefully we can put these guys away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back