Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a hard game to watch for a number of reasons. There are clearly some issues beyond a lack of confidence. As a supporter, this is one of those games that I just want to forget about and hope for something better in the following weeks.

Impey returning will give us a bit of run out of defence. Breust up forward will give us another avenue for goal.

Jones, Maginness, Cousins, Glass, Nash, Greaves, Hanrahan, Puopolo and Moore are all pushing selection.

Patton, O’Brien, Henderson and Ceglar to return at some point as well.

Lots of players under performing. Lots of spots potentially up for grabs.

Gut feel (not that I agree with it) is Impey/Breust/O’Brien in, Morris/Minchington/Lewis out.

Forget a coaching change everyone.

we will not be paying out 3 mill to make a change and Clarko is not going to give that up either by waking away.
Why would we though ?

Clarko's the best coach going , if he thinks he can rebuild , relaunch or whatever we should back him in to do it IMO.

Not here to troll.

What’s happened at Hawthorn over the last 4 years is almost a mastrerclass in successful culture destruction.

Imagine taking senior figureheads of an INCREDIBLE culture through 2008-2016, and publicly disrespecting them (Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis) by shipping them and undermining any sense of cultural cohesion from management.

And in their place recruiting known show ponies with track records of being Prima donnas. Case in point Scully and his salary negotiation fiasco at GWS, and Wingard was never known as a team first player at Port. Mitchell, again, recognised more for racking up solo stats which allegedly was what kept him in the seconds for so long under Horse.

If I was a Hawks member I’d be furious.

piss off idiot

Fact is we are just a very average football side.

Agree led by a very actually average football coach toady, who once was the best football coach in the world or at least by his era the greatest of them all.

His press conference today was of a bloke who's given up, and trying to hide the truth of where we are at... and he's never done that before.

Rebuild Clarko, have a crack, I will believe in you for a number of years. He looks shot in coronavirus coverup... and I worry with being with the boys every day they are over the message. But it is what it is... however I don't think it's great anymore.

Thats really pissed me off. Each time he speaks it gives me no confidence that he realises how poor the state of our list is.
Whats he meant to do at a presser though ?
Come out and say clearly our older brigade are cooked ?

Do that and you lose those players and most likely the entire group at the same time.

No I am also debating the whole “Lewis last year was better than Dowler whole career” because I must have missed it.

Did Mitch show a couple of fleeting glances last year yes he did, but it was very fleeting.

Since then he has shown ZERO effort and that’s why he will be delisted.

There have been many not very talented footballers that made a decent career in the AFL because they played with EFFORT, Mitch sadly does not even do that.

I laugh at the TOB knockers on this board who are bullish on Mitch, because TOB is off the charts in Effort compared to Mitch.

fu** I hope I am wrong.
Shocking post

Mitch is a raw as KPF who has had a few injury problems and has played what 17 games?

Tom Hawkins took 5 years to start dominating.

Lewis has talent, just has no support, poor entry and is interrupted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decide who will be captain next year and elevate him to the role for the rest of the season.
If Stratton's form doesn't warrant his continued selection then he should be dropped. The captaincy shouldn't make anyone untouchable in this regard. You would have to think this is on the cards with a potential backline of Hardwick, Chip, Scrim, Day, Frost, Scrim, Sicily and hopefully Impey.

But I don't like the idea of demoting the captain if he is continuing the be selected. Doesn't sit right. Drop him if justified no probelm but demoting might further demoralize the team.

It's like watching a geriatric version of the Suns in their first year. Buckle up boys and girls this is going to take a few years to get right. It's painful but long term I know we will be on top again, hopefully in won't take 15 or 16 years this time. In the meantime somebody snot Papley.

If Stratton's form doesn't warrant his continued selection then he should be dropped. The captaincy shouldn't make anyone untouchable in this regard. You would have to think this is on the cards with a potential backline of Hardwick, Chip, Scrim, Day, Frost, Scrim, Sicily and hopefully Impey.

But I don't like the idea of demoting the captain if he is continuing the be selected. Doesn't sit right. Drop him if justified no probelm but demoting might further demoralize the team.
The question deserves to be asked - how badly does an AFL captain need to play before being dropped?

Name the eight.

I keep hearing this, but apart from the bloke going to the Dogs it seems a mystery.
I am not a recruiter - can only be lead my media.

Before you pot Lloydy, he coaches in the private school boy comp.
Face it, list wise, we are in a very poor spot and no fault of Hawthorns but covid-19
could have a 3-5 year impact on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back