EPL Matchday 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Silva is definitely a premier league great. Key player in 4 titles who contributes a goal or assist every other game. He was one of the best midfielders in the league for an entire decade. There’s not many premier league greats if that cv doesn’t qualify.

Silva is definitely a premier league great. Key player in 4 titles who contributes a goal or assist every other game. He was one of the best midfielders in the league for an entire decade. There’s not many premier league greats if that cv doesn’t qualify.

Kompany & Aguero far more significant contributors to those 4 titles to my mind.

Scholes has 11 & KeAno 7....But are they of the same stature of players as Lampard & Gerard?...Their titles put them in the convo, but that's all.

Kompany & Aguero far more significant contributors to those 4 titles to my mind.

Scholes has 11 & KeAno 7....But are they of the same stature of players as Lampard & Gerard?...Their titles put them in the convo, but that's all.
93 assists over his time in the Premier League might say otherwise. Including 15 assists in 11/12.

But you're entitled to think what you want.

I think it’s pretty well established Keane and Scholes are premier league legends. I mean Scholes is literally always mentioned as the same stature of Lampard and Gerrard.

Kompany and Aguero are obviously great, but I’d think Silva’s output puts him right next to them or at worst not far behind. I actually can’t think of a midfielder who’s had a bigger influence on the league across the time period he’s been there.

93 assists over his time in the Premier League might say otherwise. Including 15 assists in 11/12.

That's a good stat that puts him equal with the likes of Fabregas, Bergkamp, Rooney & Beckham for % assists....But He's still not in Bergkamps class as a footballer though. 87 goals to 60 from similar game time stats tells you that....Might be closer to Cesc Fabregas though.

I think it’s pretty well established Keane and Scholes are premier league legends. I mean Scholes is literally always mentioned as the same stature of Lampard and Gerrard.

Having seen close to all those players entire EPL careers, I'd argue that Scholes had great control but lacked the range & class of of the other 2....Keane was just sheer will-power & more agricultural than anything else....Neither one of em had half the ability of Cantona though.

That's a good stat that puts him equal with the likes of Fabregas, Bergkamp, Rooney & Beckham for % assists....But He's still not in Bergkamps class as a footballer though. 87 goals to 60 from similar game time stats tells you that....Might be closer to Cesc Fabregas though.
Not being in Bergkamp's class isn't exactly a sleight on a player.

FWIW I didn't mean he is a top 10 player to have played in the EPL. But if I was making a top 50 list, he'd be in there without question.

Having seen close to all those players entire EPL careers, I'd argue that Scholes had great control but lacked the range & class of of the other 2....Keane was just sheer will-power & more agricultural than anything else....Neither one of em had half the ability of Cantona though.
I think you’re being a little harsh on Scholes there. He probably didn’t have the brilliance of the other two, but he often didn’t need to be because of the players around him. He could seriously control a game though.

Can’t argue on Cantona though. People who didn’t get to watch him might look back at his stats and wonder what all the fuss was about, but he was breathtaking. Leeds selling him to United set the course 20 years of dominance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea where he's going?
No, talk of Beckham's side in MLS or Qatar. He always said he wanted to go back to the Canaries to play the last few years of his career.

His vision was ridiculous.

I'd take him both of Lampard and Gerrard, and I don't support any of those clubs.

Scholes was surrounded by great players...Those other 2, not so much....Both Far more athletically gifted & naturally talented.

Let me throw your own assist stat back at you on this one.....Lampard 102 from 609...Gerrard 92 from 504, Scholes 55 from 499.....He's not in the same ball-park.

Goals: Lampard 177, Gerrard 120, Scholes 107.... a clear third in both stats.

Scholes was surrounded by great players...Those other 2, not so much....Both Far more athletically gifted & naturally talented.

Let me throw your own assist stat back at you on this one.....Lampard 102 from 609...Gerrard 92 from 504, Scholes 55 from 499.....He's not in the same ball-park.

Goals: Lampard 177, Gerrard 120, Scholes 107.... a clear third in both stats.
Assists aren't everything Penandes.

Assists aren't everything Penandes.

Sure....as I pointed out earlier with Silva....That's his 1 exceptional stat.

But it's fun having A tet-A-tet with Cruyffy.... Especially when he tries to make-out like he knows more about the EPL than he does.

Goals & assists combined: LampArd 279, Gerrard 212, Scholes 162.

Sure....as I pointed out earlier with Silva....That's his 1 exceptional stat.

But it's fun having A tet-A-tet with Cruyffy.... Especially when he tries to make-out like he knows more about the EPL than he does.

Goals & assists combined: LampArd 279, Gerrard 212, Scholes 162.
Claude Makelele - * all. He's s**t by your standards.

Go back to posting about COVID hoaxes and how Pep Guardiola is part of the lizard people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back