Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

fu** can this bloke roost a footy.

When Mahony got the free yesterday, my daughter got excited and said we can still win. I replied that unfortunately, the kid can't kick that far. Then, the quick handball and I said "oh, but this bloke can" and boom!

Another almost game from Aaron. If he gets himself right, he'll be a weapon in our 2021 ladder ascension

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aaron's disposal & decision making this season has had some incredibly poor outcomes for an AFL player.

He needs to correct things quickly or it will all end very quickly once the list is back near full strength.
I agree, his kick in the first quarter on the nearside wing to give a leading target no chance from 30 metres was really poor when we were swimming against the tide; I think it's the third year of the contract in 2021 (along with Tyson)? The bell is tolling

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree, his kick in the first quarter on the nearside wing to give a leading target no chance from 30 metres was really poor when we were swimming against the tide; I think it's the third year of the contract in 2021 (along with Tyson)? The bell is tolling

This is his second year at North. Is he on a 3 or 4 year deal? His lace out forward 50 entry to Scott was great ball use.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This dude will come good when the other chips are sorted, he will be a weapon aka Daniel wells.....when club addresses other issues.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Yep.

But as I've said before, sadly his detractors only need to witness one or two errors that play to the pre-conceived notions for the endorphin hit of confirmation bias to kick in (and completely cloud their opinion).

Well said, ferbs.

I thought it was very noticeable against the Tigers that he did exactly as you say, but you jump on here and just see the same cliched criticisms regardless. So we appear to be at the point now where it really doesn't matter how he plays, or how many targets he hits by foot, his more vocal (read: blinkered) critics are just going to trot out the same lines week in and week out.

It's deja-Gibbo.
I thought he was appalling against Essendon but the last two games have been more like it.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His execution in that brilliant coast to coast was sensational. The mark, evasion and kick - all superb.

Edit - actually the mark was standard, the evasion of Matt Crouch was good but it was Matt Crouch. What made it brilliant was the quick decision to take off with Crouch right there, the awareness of options and the 55m pass that hit Zurhaar without him breaking stride.

Last edited:

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Such good game sense. That lead out from D50 that set up the coast to coast... and the kick to Zurhaar.

I liked how he looked behind him and knew straight away he had his opponent done for pace and just put the afterburners on.

What a transformation from last year.

Screenshot_20200802-183934_Herald Sun.jpg

His execution in that brilliant coast to coast was sensational. The mark, evasion and kick - all superb.

Edit - actually the mark was standard, the evasion of Matt Crouch was good but it was Matt Crouch. What made it brilliant was the quick decision to take off with Crouch right there, the awareness of options and the 55m pass that hit Zurhaar without him breaking stride.
Was more of a sidestep, then a look of contempt at Crouch, loved it :)

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, has built well over the last few weeks and had a genuinely ripper game yesterday. Was absolutely gifted some games earlier in the season though. Would love to know what the coaches knew back then to make the decision to keep persisting because even with our injury list I think a mid/forward wouldn't have been too hard to account for.

I'm happy for him, and us, but also worried still. Is this his 'normal' or just a purple patch? Do we have any real confidence that his form can be maintained, or even improved, for the rest of the year, let alone into 2021?

Back