AFL 2020 - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Up and down weekend so far.

SGM: Keays 15+, ESS win, Laverde AGS @5
SGM: Phillips 15+, Adams 20+, WHE AGS @5.5
Both SB

Essendon win into u125 for pies/ eagles @2.66 Tab

Liking Danger most disposals tomorrow as well
Correct me if I am wrong I thought Phillips was omitted this weekend?

Thoughts on the total for Crows v Dons?
123 give or take, usually don’t touch totals but this seems a touch high to me.
Since play resumed only Crows match totals to top that are vs Saints (133), Lions (129) and Power (145).
And obviously those teams did most of the scoring, just don’t think either team has enough firepower to hit this total.

Also on the Merrett tag/season role change. Like the Keays shout.
Merrett u21.5 SB 1.97
Merrett u21.5, Laird u19.5, Keays 15+: $8.90 SB (boosted)
Super duper psycho multi: Snelling 15+, ROB 15+, Merrett u21.5, Laird u19.5, Keays 15+: $57 SB

Crows v Dons
3U U123.5 $1.90 (TAB)
1U U115.5 $2.50 (SB)
0.5U U105.5 $3.75 (SB)
0.5U U100.5 $5 (SB)

I'm surprised some of you are confident enough to bet when you don't know that the Crouch brothers don't get tagged because they're butchers and you can't tell which Phillips is being discussed in a SGM along with other Collingwood players.

My bad , I didnt realise it was the Phillips from Collingwood, only noticed it while driving back home.

Adelaide in 2019, at the Adelaide Oval, averaged 146.75 points per game against all opposition (bar Gold Coast) during day or twilight matches. That is equivalent to around 117.4 points per game under the 16 minute quarters. TAB has the line at 123.5 points. My play would be to back more points in the 1st half, and expect a more cagier 2nd half, with teams looking to protect their lead and being a bit more cautious if the match is tight.

Looking at the times of last years matches, this is 12:40 pm ACST kick off, so I don't expect there to be dew. The dew I reckon picks up for the matches at night especially the game last night between Saints and Power.

15+ Laird, Doedee, Smith, Saad
20+ B.Crouch, McGrath
25+ M.Crouch
AGS Tippa, Laverde, Zahahrakis, Himmelberg
2+ Walker
$187 (SB Boosted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Nicks will do everything it takes to get his first win on the board. If it means playing slow tempo football with some sort of lead in the 2nd half , so be it.

Dons will just want a win on the board, especially in front of the Adelaide crowd. As shown last week, the Crows were good in patches last week, and with the help of the momentum of the crowd, can get close to the Bombers here, and don't be surprised if they pull off the upset.

Either way , I don't reckon this game will be a blow out. Will be pretty close all the way.

I've tragically got Leverde for 2+ after the best start possible he went away with an injury, anyone got an update? Is he done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back