XBX Xbox Series X/S - November 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite looks good and an improvement on Halo 5, the grapple hook opens up new mechanics. I wonder if you can grapple off enemies like you can in Doom Eternal.

Each of Stalker, Crossfire, Avowed, Fable, and Everwild have me interested

To me it looks like they’ve gone back to their roots of Halo:CE, massive win there.

State of decay 3 hopefully is also a step up from 2 which I thought wasn’t that good.

All 21 games shown in their showcase even will be coming to game pass, seriously can’t beat that value!!!

The issue with the announcements for both PS5 and XSX is that there is really nothing announced that doesn't look like it could run perfectly well on a Pro or X1X. There is certainly nothing that has me wondering whether my PC would cope. Tech just really hasn't pushed forward that much over the past half decade and the stuff that does have that 'wow factor' such as Ray Tracing isn't being shown or utilised widely.

However, generally speaking I liked the look of a lot of games shown overnight. That they are all on GamePass means I'll almost certainly give every one a try.

The issue with the announcements for both PS5 and XSX is that there is really nothing announced that doesn't look like it could run perfectly well on a Pro or X1X. There is certainly nothing that has me wondering whether my PC would cope. Tech just really hasn't pushed forward that much over the past half decade and the stuff that does have that 'wow factor' such as Ray Tracing isn't being shown or utilised widely.
I agree. The stuff that actually does utilise next gen tech - for example The Medium rendering two worlds at once, Ratchet and Clank's portals into other dimensions - doesn't tend to look that impressive unless you fully appreciate the tech behind it, either, because devs have been using tricks and clever design to create the illusion of similar effects for quite some time.

That was the most disappointing thing I've ever watched. Honestly, wtf? Microsoft had a chance to bring the goods and they bought fu** all.

Halo & Fable were ok, everything else was meh.

Even Halo & Forza are starting to get tired now. I'm so disappointed that it's actually made me not want a Series X at launch. I'll probably stick with PS5 for now. So annoyed I woke up at 2am for that.

Yeah I was the same apart from Fable nothing else really grabbed me I'm definitely going PS5 at launch.

This felt like a Game Pass ad rather than a Series X ad. They could have filled the show out with some big hitting 3rd part stuff eg Cyberpunk, AC : Valhalla, Batman etc but they didn't want anything at the show that they couldn't put in the subscription. Game Pass is the platform now. The problem is their first party is clearly not ready. Halo looked rough, Avowed, Everwild, State of Decay and Fable look years away. They didn't give anyone a compelling reason to buy a Series X OR subscribe to Game Pass.

However, generally speaking I liked the look of a lot of games shown overnight. That they are all on GamePass means I'll almost certainly give every one a try.
Horizon and Ratchet is the only games showed that don't look like they can run on current hardware, Ratchet though is more behind the scene stuff though. Most advancements will be very small details that you actually need to play to appreciate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This felt like a Game Pass ad rather than a Series X ad. They could have filled the show out with some big hitting 3rd part stuff eg Cyberpunk, AC : Valhalla, Batman etc but they didn't want anything at the show that they couldn't put in the subscription. Game Pass is the platform now. The problem is their first party is clearly not ready. Halo looked rough, Avowed, Everwild, State of Decay and Fable look years away. They didn't give anyone a compelling reason to buy a Series X OR subscribe to Game Pass.

I think Xbox will turn into a streaming service much like Netflix in the future the Series X will act more as a streaming device.

Similar to the PS5 though, do we know how many first party games will be ready for launch? I know Spider-Man is I think?

I enjoyed this mornings showcase, got to see some games that pricked my interest, and Halo: Infinite and Fable is enough to convince me to get an XBSX.

Similar to the PS5 though, do we know how many first party games will be ready for launch? I know Spider-Man is I think?

I enjoyed this mornings showcase, got to see some games that pricked my interest, and Halo: Infinite and Fable is enough to convince me to get an XBSX.
Yeah only Spider-man and Death Loop are confirmed for launch. Horizon and Ghost Wire Tokyo confirmed for 2021. It's a solid group of games for a first year IMO. Demon's Souls, Ratchet and GT7 don't have release dates but they look pretty far along at least.

Why does every game look the same regardless of console, FPS/action/scifi/apocalyptic. Only thing that changes is the setting cavemen/current time/future.
If your not throwing a spear you're in a exoskeleton or just hold a gun set in today's settings.

Personally racing and sport games are meh.

What has happened to those adventure games like banjo kazooie that are fun, puzzling and sometimes challenging. Ratchet and clank seems like the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back