AFL Toast RND 8: 3 Point win against the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

cobra land

All Australian
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Snelling ? Thought he was one of our better players. 18 possessions and 11 tackles.
He was OK.....doesn't have any trouble finding the ball it's what he does with it that needs to cleaned up.
He took a big hit early also but still is in and under as good smalls should...Just would like him to kick it a bit more seems a bit handball happy atm.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Got the four points with 5 AA missing. Ridley gun,
Merrett v good,
McGrath is a little composure away from being complete,
Cahill, I like the boy
Parish is a mid
Hibberd is too
Langford a fwd
Bellcho was ok but doesn’t have a full game in him anymore
Laverde looked good pre injury
Probably less said about most of the rest the better.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I still firmly believe with a full healthy list and most players in
"confident' football enjoyment mode and it's a top 4 side.

we only ever see a quarter of the gameday team playing like they look confident.

From my perspective, the players don't look that strong physically compared to some of the other teams, strength in the contest is a bit lacking and the other is teamwork and communication. You need good positioning and systems, players backing up the play a lot etc..

Confident play, is leading, running, wanting to take the game on.

It'll click, but the players have to want to enjoy playing.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I still firmly believe with a full healthy list and most players in
"confident' football enjoyment mode and it's a top 4 side.

we only ever see a quarter of the gameday team playing like they look confident.
When have we ever had a fully fit list? The inverse correlation between games missed due to injury and ladder position is very strong see Brisbane last year, Richmond in their first flag year etc

It is not all doom and gloom.

We ground out a tough win away from home and we had around 8 of our best 22 players out didn't we?

Good to see some players getting a go and some that had question marks over them proving that they belong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m yet to see the big deal in Cahill yet.
Kicked 2, had a really nice assist and was probably involved in at least another 2 scores.

All in his 2nd game in a pretty average forward line.

Snelling is a tough one for me, I find him so frustrating. He has no problem finding the ball, and he fits into our game style well, but often he’s the one that spills the ball out in link-up plays, and his decision making at times is pretty questionable.

83% efficiency. I know the stats do not tell all but you are not making too many bad decisions when you are going in the 80 plus range. Also only had 1 clanger.
People see what they want to see I guess. He is not a star nor a best 22 lock but he has been very solid. Was the same last week. Efficiency in the 80's and 1 clanger.

Kicked 2, had a really nice assist and was probably involved in at least another 2 scores.

All in his 2nd game in a pretty average forward line.

One was a soccer out the back, missed a soda of a mark in the goal square in the last, didn’t lay a tackle. Just don’t see anything special so far.

It seems to me we are very poor at tackling as a team. Tackles are mostly either easily broken or never really made in the first place. Am I imagining this?

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
One was a soccer out the back, missed a soda of a mark in the goal square in the last, didn’t lay a tackle. Just don’t see anything special so far.

Serious?

Seems very smart to me. Gets to the right spots, is clean , makes good decisions. A dropped mark in the goal square can happen to anyone, it dosent mean you don't have the attributes I mentioned..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back