AFL Toast RND 8: 3 Point win against the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

But anyway the W was never in doubt for me cos I put $20 on the Crows and have a legitimate 0% betting record.
Can you put money on Brisbane please

Serious?

Seems very smart to me. Gets to the right spots, is clean , makes good decisions. A dropped mark in the goal square can happen to anyone, it dosent mean you don't have the attributes I mentioned..

Just my opinion, I hope he turns out to be a gun.

Id actually like to know how the stat works. If three gang tackle one bloke. Is that 3 tackles or 1? On the stat sheet

Anyone?
First player gets the credit.

We may as well lost. I feel no better for winning & sure as s**t know we won’t win any of our next 4.

Mckenna needs to be spelled. He is as big a liability going around in the comp atm, but knowing the idiots selecting the side they’ll keep picking him.

How the * are we 5-2?

Can we change this from “autopsy”, please?

We had Stringer, Shiel, Heppell, Hooker, Fantasia, Ambrose missing from this side. Have a number of players still getting match fit on the sidelines.

Travelled to Adelaide (where we rarely win), and beat a lower side (where we historically lose to them). I didn’t think Adelaide were that bad either btw.

Coming in to discuss the game, the fact that we’re 5-2, and seeing people treating it as a loss because it didn’t meet their standards is a bit poor.

Very happy to get the W, and the fact that we have more of the cavalry available for next week.

Well if we down grading for a few fumbles then we had 2 good players on the ground for the day.
This.

I said to Mrs Grizz a couple of times that some poor fumbles or handballs to a teammates knees put us in undue pressure all game. As a result we continued to handball ourselves into pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I thought we’d had more luck against Port there than Adelaide (just from the comments last year when we beat the Crows there).
I think it's 2-2 with the Crows and 2-1 with Port.

Excellent. Happy to be wrong.
I do not think you are totally wrong. We do let slip at least 20 a game that should be made.

Excellent. Happy to be wrong.
Good team tackling but one on one we do seem to go limp easily, still better than previous seasons. Bigger problems to fix for mine

The silver lining is 5-2 and we've got 1/3 of our best 22 to come in

Hooker for Gleeson
Stringer for Townsend
Daniher for McKernan
Stewart probably gets a look in at battling Laverde - though will admit he's been good recently
Heppell for Hibberd
Shiel for Zaka
Fantasia for Cahill (no knock on him, but if 2017 Raz can come back....)
And hopefully Draper is the 2nd coming of Cox and we don't need TBC & Phillips so regularly.

I still firmly believe with a full healthy list and most players in
"confident' football enjoyment mode and it's a top 4 side.

we only ever see a quarter of the gameday team playing like they look confident.

From my perspective, the players don't look that strong physically compared to some of the other teams, strength in the contest is a bit lacking and the other is teamwork and communication. You need good positioning and systems, players backing up the play a lot etc..

Confident play, is leading, running, wanting to take the game on.

It'll click, but the players have to want to enjoy playing.
This will all come with more learnings....

So I see we won. The match report speaks glowingly of the tackling pressure, midfield and Jordan Ridley. I also see plenty of unhappy campers here. Was it really that bad a performance?
Yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back