Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been excellent this year for us.
Playing a role and doing it well.
His pressure, attack on the ball, tackling etc has been top notch.
Would be VERY upset if we shop him around.
At 22 still has plenty of upside and with boak, ebert, rocky etc coming to the end in the next few years will fit in nicely.

I, being a Port Member, can tell you that he wants to stay, and Port will sign him up again, as Ken Hinkley wants him. He is living with previous Port Captain, Travis Boak.
And you, following West Coast, would have no idea. Simple.

You’re kidding me, right? Players, on numerous occasions, have said they’re staying, and then end up leaving anyway. You can’t put much stake in stuff like that.

Just look at Jake Lever.

Would Carlton's first second round pick and maybe steak knives be enough for SPP ?

Don't care if his kicking is off kilter, we need a tough bastard in the guts to help out Cripps and the kids
If he nominated you guys that’s about all it’d take to get him I think. I’d want a bit more than just steak knives though, maybe your 2nd pick next year as well

There are some amazing players at Port, but SPP is not one of them. And the rumours about the Crows being interested are rubbish.
He was one of the reasons we ran over the top of GWS. 22 possies and a goal. He’s not flashy sure, but his ability to win the footy and stand up when it matters in big games is honestly extraordinary.

Would be your best young mid by a mile. Don’t think he fits into a midfield that has the Crouch Brothers though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was one of the reasons we ran over the top of GWS. 22 possies and a goal. He’s not flashy sure, but his ability to win the footy and stand up when it matters in big games is honestly extraordinary.

Would be your best young mid by a mile. Don’t think he fits into a midfield that has the Crouch Brothers though

Our midfield is terrible, not going to hear any arguments from me on that. But there is no truth in the idea that we are targeting him. At best he'll end up a decent player, he just doesn't have the skills to be better than that.

Has become a hugely important role player for us, bashing and straightlining through packs and just generally putting the fear of god into defences. His hard pressure has caused numerous goals and he seems to be taking more time before kicking, rather than blazing away while he's running at full pelt.

Would be just about BOG last game. Has tremendous upside. Probably the most misunderstood player at Port - the notion that he reached a ceiling early is hilarious, it is in fact the exact opposite with him. He showed glimpses of his huge ceiling in his first year, he has been working his way through his flaws (composure and sloppiness) over the past two years and continues to do so in the hope his tremendous weapons (explosiveness, power) can be harnessed.

Can really see a lot of effort put into him by club leadership this year to allow him to play to his strengths and nice to see some dividends.

Has become a hugely important role player for us, bashing and straightlining through packs and just generally putting the fear of god into defences. His hard pressure has caused numerous goals and he seems to be taking more time before kicking, rather than blazing away while he's running at full pelt.

Would be just about BOG last game. Has tremendous upside. Probably the most misunderstood player at Port - the notion that he reached a ceiling early is hilarious, it is in fact the exact opposite with him. He showed glimpses of his huge ceiling in his first year, he has been working his way through his flaws (composure and sloppiness) over the past two years and continues to do so in the hope his tremendous weapons (explosiveness, power) can be harnessed.

Can really see a lot of effort put into him by club leadership this year to allow him to play to his strengths and nice to see some dividends.

This
Not everyone has to be a star. he brings something that we dont have much of.
Pressure, physicality, tackles and runs all day.
Compliments our other young guys well to
hope to see his signature when you can sign

Really like SPP, IMO he'll be one of those late developer types ah la Petracca, has shown some great glimpses, just needs to tidy up his disposal a tad and he will be a beast.

The language Maccamk uses isn’t coming across as credible. It’s impossible for a deal to already be done. He couldn’t have even signed with port until this weekend how could he had talked and agreed to terms with Richmond?

Possible that he has decided that he’s keen on Richmond pending them agreeing to terms. Richmond have certainly been keen on him in the past.

The language Maccamk uses isn’t coming across as credible. It’s impossible for a deal to already be done. He couldn’t have even signed with port until this weekend how could he had talked and agreed to terms with Richmond?

Possible that he has decided that he’s keen on Richmond pending them agreeing to terms. Richmond have certainly been keen on him in the past.

Hand shake agreement. But discrediting my language won’t bait me in to telling you more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back