2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
As much as I love Karnivool, everything after Sound Awake has been s**t.

Meanwhile, CH put out the best prog metal album of all time in In Contact

Jim Grey has asserted himself of the leader in chief of Aussie prog metal

You're right that Karnivool have gone down hill, but Kenny is still a better vocalist than Jim.
and no Caligula's Horse album is as good as either of Karnivool's first two albums IMO, let alone close to being the GOAT prog metal album. But you were probably trolling with that comment so I'm not taking it seriously.

I love both Karnivool albums, especially Sound Awake but I feel In Contact just pips it

Ian Kenny is the better of the two for mine.

Birds of Tokyo is better than Arcane - even if they are different genres.

David Anderton should be in the list of options - his screaming to match his singing and ability to replicate it live is exceptional - probably better than the two listed at live replication in my experience.

Leigh Davies is another for the list IMO

Nice to see some more niche threads cropping up on the music board. Ian Kenny is clearly the better vocalist, but it'd be a far more interesting comparison determining who the better band is.

Caligula's horse are far more consistent, but probably haven't made an album as good as Sound Awake.

Michael Adam Mills is an Australian musician and songwriter. He is best known as a multi-instrumentalist, vocalist and main songwriter for the progressive rock band Toehider. He began songwriting at an early age, and performing in bands from the age of 12.

I never heard of this guy until I discovered Ayreon a project led by Dutch composer, instrumentalist and producer Arjen Anthony Lucassen.

Michael Adam Mills is an Australian musician and songwriter. He is best known as a multi-instrumentalist, vocalist and main songwriter for the progressive rock band Toehider. He began songwriting at an early age, and performing in bands from the age of 12.

I never heard of this guy until I discovered Ayreon a project led by Dutch composer, instrumentalist and producer Arjen Anthony Lucassen.

Been kicking around for a long time - sometimes with a group, and sometimes solo. Had a project which was releasing an EP every month for a year probably 8-10 years ago which got his name out there.

Back