New AFL Game Announcement!!

game_chromosome

Senior List
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Guys,

I would like to announce my footy game that I have been working on for around two years part time (with about a 6 month break all up) called "Footy Showdown".
I am still a fair way off release, currently aiming for March 2021 release window (all going well).

bigfooty.png

Footy Showdown is the AFL game we should have gotten during the SNES era of gaming! It has cool retro pixel art graphics and great animations to go with it.
While this game is 2D and looks old school, this game will have everything you would expect in an Australian Football game: Kicking, handballing, tackling, bumping, jumping, marking and much more. Oh, and speccys of course.

The main focus of this release will be core gameplay and then to build on that if subsequent releases are are deemed necessary.
At this stage, I am planning a PC release first and then everything going well perhaps consoles down the track. But enough talk, all you guys want to see is screenshots :p

ScreensScreen_2.png

ScreensScreen_5.png

Please follow development of the game here on BigFooty or in other places:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FootyShowdown
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Footy-Showdown-109992617406300

And please wishlist on Steam:

Thanks,

GC.

stattosoftware

Debutant
Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This looks neat, good luck with development!

From a marketing point of view, please consider adding keyboard support. I don't have a controller at the moment, and while I'll probably still pick up the game to support indie footy game development, it'd be nice to be able to play it.

game_chromosome

Senior List
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This looks neat, good luck with development!

From a marketing point of view, please consider adding keyboard support. I don't have a controller at the moment, and while I'll probably still pick up the game to support indie footy game development, it'd be nice to be able to play it.
Thanks for the support!

Playing this game with keyboard is very clunky and not recommended though the option will be there for people like yourself.

Thanks,
GC

D1Matman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jays,Pens,Steel,Raps, CFC,PG,Scorch
Awesome to see! All the best. I totally agree, we sorely missed having a 16-bit console footy game back in the day.

Last edited:
Back