The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

For those old enough to remember. RIP Vera. In cricket parlance you had a good innings and it was very productive.

For those too young...

And another troubled genius I missed from a couple of months back, Aaron Tokona from Weta, Fly My Pretties, and one of the best band names in rock, Cairo Knife Fight. Had frontman flair in spades, and a ridiculously good guitarist. Gone too young at 45.

Aroha

For any Shihad fans this was written about Aaron...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More very sad news in a very bleak year

A true Aussie and Feminist Icon. Bit before my time, but I am well aware of Helen Reddy and the indeliable mark she has left on the world and legacy.

There is a new movie about her life streaming on Stan (I am Woman) which I watch this weekend.

Farewell Ms Reddy. You will be missed

All those amp jumps has to take a toll on the body...possiby the oceans of booze and substance abuse too.

Never a Van Halen fan, but can't deny the mastery and influence of EVH. Changed the way a whole generation of kids wanted to play guitar.

OK...some catch ups...

Spencer Davis, from the, yep, Spencer Davis group. Some great tunes and awesome musicianship.

And Bones Hillman...there is a hundred Oils tunes I could play, but no better bass lines than this...

Last edited:
The Aussie music industry will never be the same again.

He was beloved here and abroad. A household name even in the USA (places that I lived).

Rest in Peace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back