News 2020 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gabba has the same number of games and over the next 5 rounds we have 4 home games in a row. I think that's OK.

I’m wondering given we the GC Club and community have
1-trained up 3 players for them without whom they’d not have won any premierships
And 2-have been enjoying our hospitality and been granted access to a GCCC training ground

would then move a game out of our city and play it up the road in Brisbane.

I’m wondering given we the GC Club and community have
1-trained up 3 players for them without whom they’d not have won any premierships
And 2-have been enjoying our hospitality and been granted access to a GCCC training ground

would then move a game out of our city and play it up the road in Brisbane.
Because we can't play all our games at metricon. There still has to be some fairness involved in scheduling in regards to home ground advantages.

Because we can't play all our games at metricon. There still has to be some fairness involved in scheduling in regards to home ground advantages.

We’ve been to Geelong, Giants Stadium and the SCG.
This match is being played in QLD and both the Gold Coast and RICHmond teams are on the Gold Coast

Plus there is my earlier points of us
1-giving them 3 premiership players
2-giving them hospitality and a ground

None of these other games against smaller clubs like St Kilda, Footscray, Giants are being moved out of town even though St Kilda for example are in Noosa.

what makes RICHmond so special.
I deliberately didn’t put a question mark there then in the last sentence.

None of that factors into it Bods.

Its about fixture equality. Cant play every game at Metricon, and if you do, they aren't all gonna be home game. Some of them will be the opposition home game. Just like if suns had a home game at SCG or Optus.

Yeah I think it’s smelly. This situation is such a chance to grow the game in QLD and to grow the Suns fan base.
Yet for the big club it’s moved to the Gabba.
I’d like to know if it was the VFL or RICHmond that made this call.
It’s Fishy.

Yeah I think it’s smelly. This situation is such a chance to grow the game in QLD and to grow the Suns fan base.
Yet for the big club it’s moved to the Gabba.
I’d like to know if it was the VFL or RICHmond that made this call.
It’s Fishy.
Absolutely nothing fishy about it mate. I know how much we all love to hate the AFL and the vic clubs but you are clutching at straws here.
We will play more games in Queensland then ever before this year. There is our opportunity to grow the fan base. Big state with a lot of people without a club to support
Cant play all the games on the GC if we can play all over QLD and win new fans everywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely nothing fishy about it mate. I know how much we all love to hate the AFL and the vic clubs but you are clutching at straws here.
We will play more games in Queensland then ever before this year. There is our opportunity to grow the fan base. Big state with a lot of people without a club to support
Cant play all the games on the GC if we can play all over QLD and win new fans everywhere

Good point....it would be a good idea to play an “away” game such as this one in North QLD rather than at the Gabba.

Essendon are a big Victorian team, one of the 'big 4' and we get them at home, they also have a MASSIVE fan base in SE QLD. Even with it being a Wednesday night, there should be a decent crowd to that fixture, especially if we are still humming.

yeh nothing odd here.
at end of the season we will have had (more than likely) 9 home metricon games and 8 away games.
of the 9 at home, they will have been against a mixture of large and small clubs, and the same for away.
we have large essendon at home and large richmond away at gabba for example.
our 8 away games will have been at grounds in geelong, the scg and giants stadium, the gabba (and possibly they could make us play at darwin and in tassie)

Last edited:
It was outlined from the get go that when we play an ‘away’ match vs a team relocated to SEQ, we would play them at the Gabba to try and get some aspect of fairness. The same thing with Brisbane- they won’t play an ‘away’ match either at their home ground.

I wonder when we will be looking to rotate some players out given the condensed fixture - I think the candidates would be the older/younger players, players that have an injury history and possibly some of the midfielders:

Swallow
Witts
Harbs
Hanley
Anderson
Powell
Budarick
Rankine
Ainsworth
Ballard
Lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad