Taylor Swift

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Wonderful album, loving my tears ricochet, the 1, betty and invisible string.

Particularly love she's dropping Multiple F bombs

Getting amazing reviews, will end up being the album with the most critical acclaim of her career so far which is mind blowing considering her discography.

Wonderful album, loving my tears ricochet, the 1, betty and invisible string.

Particularly love she's dropping Multiple F bombs

Getting amazing reviews, will end up being the album with the most critical acclaim of her career so far which is mind blowing considering her discography.

It really is outstanding.

This is her best shot for a third album of the year, something she probably covets the most since no other female artist or band has won more than two.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It really is outstanding.

This is her best shot for a third album of the year, something she probably covets the most since no other female artist or band has won more than two.
In 3 seperate genres no less, remarkably talented woman.
Even the tough critics are giving it 5 stars

Does anyone know if you can buy the new album in music stores or online? Or can you only buy it online at her shop?

I have no doubt you could buy a physical copy anywhere in Australia when the time comes - it's only due to be released after 7th August.

Already on both Spotify and Apple Music (I think).

If you wish to not spend money, Youtube has HQ lyric video versions of all the songs.

So obviously after numerous listens since release I have come to the conclusion that the cardigan/august/betty trilogy of songs is the peak of her songwriting. cardigan probably being the more 'mainstream radio-friendly' tune, august having that bridge and outro, and betty having the lyric 'would you tell me to go f*** myself' and vivid storytelling linking the previous two songs neatly.

Pitchfork just gave it 8.0, higher than I expected, and it rounds off a whole series of mostly raving reviews.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
So obviously after numerous listens since release I have come to the conclusion that the cardigan/august/betty trilogy of songs is the peak of her songwriting. cardigan probably being the more 'mainstream radio-friendly' tune, august having that bridge and outro, and betty having the lyric 'would you tell me to go f*** myself' and vivid storytelling linking the previous two songs neatly.

Pitchfork just gave it 8.0, higher than I expected, and it rounds off a whole series of mostly raving reviews.

As soon as I saw the album review linked on Facebook I knew it'd get a decent score. She's reasonably well liked on there anywhere, and the added National influence was always going to be a big factor. I'm semi curious to listen on that basis alone.

Plus the title it sounds like an Agalloch LP.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Pitchfork are notoriously hard markers, still don't like the fact they reviewed Ryan Adams version of 1989 before any Taylor album, when they got called out about it they then did all of them at once.
*Fearless 8.1
Speak Now 8.2
Red 9.0
*1989 7.7
Rep 6.5
Lover 7.1
Folklore 8.0

*Won album of the year at the grammys

Valentino Dmitri

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
69 Bosoms Lane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rokeby GP Dancesquad

Speaking of F words on this album, I kinda mis-heard the one in Mad Woman this afternoon when I was going for a walk. I'll put it in spoilers as this description is a but fruity.

The actual lyric is
What do you sing on your drive home?
Do you see my face in the neighbor's lawn?
Does she smile?
Or does she mouth, "* you forever"?

But I heard the final line as "Or does she mouth-f**k you forever"

Nearly walked into a lightpole! Had to skip back and see if I was hearing right. Was kinda a relief when I checked online lol

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Speaking of F words on this album, I kinda mis-heard the one in Mad Woman this afternoon when I was going for a walk. I'll put it in spoilers as this description is a but fruity.

The actual lyric is
What do you sing on your drive home?
Do you see my face in the neighbor's lawn?
Does she smile?
Or does she mouth, "fu** you forever"?

But I heard the final line as "Or does she mouth-f**k you forever"

Nearly walked into a lightpole! Had to skip back and see if I was hearing right. Was kinda a relief when I checked online lol
First time I heard it I thought the same thing and almost had a heart attack, shows how important commas are.

If you wish to not spend money, Youtube has HQ lyric video versions of all the songs.

or go to the Taylor Swift reddit. people who legally bought the album with the digital download component get to share the link 10 times before it expires. (same with the Cardigan single, but the digital download version does NOT come with the voice memo)

there's now a 12" picture disc version of Cardigan on the store too (limited to 13,000 worldwide), so they're doing a good job of making the fans part with their money.

new Cardigan video and version of single to buy

apparently Exile is to be the 2nd single, and Betty is to be the 3rd single.

Would be interesting to see how they deal with the chorus where Betty tells the story teller to go f*** themselves.

Would be interesting to see how they deal with the chorus where Betty tells the story teller to go f*** themselves.

there's 2 versions of the album (clean and explicit) so they'll either mute it or say go screw themselves (or something similar). I haven't watched the lyric video, so can't comment on that.

there's 2 versions of the album (clean and explicit) so they'll either mute it or say go screw themselves (or something similar). I haven't watched the lyric video, so can't comment on that.

There's a clean version? That I didn't know.

There's a clean version? That I didn't know.

according to reddit comments:
most of the tracks it’s just silence.
mad woman replaces the ‘mouth ‘f*** you forever’’ line with ‘mouth ‘hate you forever’’.
betty replaces ‘go f*** myself’ with ‘go straight to hell’.

I’m suprised by Betty being a single. Weakest song on the album by a long long way to me.

One of my favourites imo. Love the story-telling route it takes and the melody harks back to the Fearless-era Taylor.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
interesting. which song(s) do you like?

Honestly like pretty much everything else on the album, Betty really stands out to me as very average. No real feel to the narrative of the story writing and the wedged in names of the Reynolds/Lively kids feels very cheap.

Last Great American Dynasty, Exile, Illicit Affairs and Mad Woman probably the highlights for me.

Back