Review Positives and Negatives against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive
- My girlfriend ended up having a really good time at her first game, she's not really associated with any team but she had fun with the spectacle of it all, so at least I know she'll wanna come for more games.

That's it for me, pissed off we lost like that of course, but the small victories of her having a good time are bigger to me than a football game.
Women are tricky.

The fact she went to the game with, says to me she is really into you.

Big win for you bro.

He has 4 of his top 6 defenders out in Young/Hamling/Pearce and Logue. His CHF out in Hogan and his best midfielder out in Fyfe. If that isnt a excuse then what is :D
Add Hill it’s 5 top defenders out. Plus, Cox our best back up defender.

Forward is missing Hogan, Sturt and Henry as well.

That’s 10 best 22 players out.

Its not an excuse but a reason.

In saying that, organisation win not players.

Our C and S team is not up to standard.

I think that’s a big unfair on Hughes. He’s really reduced the number of brain farts this season and us playing mostly within his limitations. Personally, I’d rather have him in the back line than Conca, Wilson or Duman.
Never been a fan of Hughes but his season has been very good.

He has fixed up his kicking and is hitting short targets.

Not totally cool under pressure but he isnt the same deer in head lights player.

Never been a fan of Hughes but his season has been very good.

He has fixed up his kicking and is hitting short targets.

Not totally cool under pressure but he isnt the same deer in head lights player.
hughes came late to footy
i believe instincts take time to build

Man, last night I saw Hughes take a decent contested mark at half back only to think kicking the ball 10m to a stationary target on a wet night with about 20 seconds to go in the Q was the right play.
Remember the screamer against the Hawks last year at Launceston then the kick into the man on the mark, Hawks then rebounded from that and kicked a goal? Chris Mayne levels of momentum killing.

Remember the screamer against the Hawks last year at Launceston then the kick into the man on the mark, Hawks then rebounded from that and kicked a goal? Chris Mayne levels of momentum killing.
Thats the problem with us. Half the team are moment murderers.
Drafting so many unnatural footballers has left its mark.

Negative
We’ve been in the comp for 25 years do you think we would understand how to play in the wet.

Of course Geelong should be better than us because they would have more practice but seriously we don’t even know the basics!
Pretty sure Perth annual rainfall is higher than Geelong's
Surprisingly enough

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fare play to him, just can't do well when half your team is a Hughes
I think Hughes is a pretty tough footballer, but you're right. At the moment it feels, in cricket terms, that we're picking guys because they're good fielders. That's when you know you're scraping the barrel for who to select.

He has 4 of his top 6 defenders out in Young/Hamling/Pearce and Logue. His CHF out in Hogan and his best midfielder out in Fyfe. If that isnt a excuse then what is :D
3 best key defenders, his young forward flank, and half back flank.
His 3 best midfielders are out now.
His best key forward is out.
On top of this we have averaged 8 players in the injury list all year. (Currently 13)
and he inherited a list with little to no depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back