Game Day The Jordan McMahon Trophy - Tigger discombobulation - Round 9, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday night game feels weird, man.

Could be a defining game for where our season is heading. Tigers still undermanned but look to be getting back to the team style that won them a couple of flags by default when other teams s**t the bed.

That said we are missing some of our top players, sometimes carrying passengers and still grinding out wins.

THE BIG QUESTIONS

Will Keath let Tom Lynch get a kick?
Who will stiff arm more opponents - Dusty or Bazlenka?
Will Gowers kick a bag?
Who will take all the intercept marks from our crappy kicks forward with Vlastuin out?
Is anyone still reading this far?

I think we have enough players who are capable of kicking a goal to get us across the line.

To name a few:

Bont
Vandermeer
Richards
Wallis
Weightman
Lloyd
Bruce
Suckling
Gowers

Sid Dockendorff, Jack Fincher, Bones McGhie, David Thorpe, Marty McMillan, Royce Hart, Michael Rolfe, Mick Malthouse, Shane Williams, Terry Wallace, Nathan Brown, Pat Bowden, Leon Cameron, Ben Harrison, Sam Lloyd and many others object to this thread title!

If anyone remembers the (very) fleeting RW&B career of Rolfe - the first 2 rounds of 1986 with us after 10 games at Richmond - his Wikipedia page is interesting reading - apparently managed to squeeze in an extra 157 games with no-one noticing!

1595982090049.png

Hopefully Norm De Guerre's theory that English will dominate sub-standard rucks is once again proven to be correct. I don't even know who Richmond's ruck(s) will be for this game but I think I read that Nankervis is out so it can't be anyone good.
He's up against Soldo. A player I don't know much about but I think English will win this one, I'm optimistic.

He's up against Soldo. A player I don't know much about but I think English will win this one, I'm optimistic.
Up against soldo with chol giving a chop out. You'd think English would be able to halve the tap outs and comfortably beat them around the ground

Do the Tuggers have any supporters outside of the bandwagon affluent suburbs of Melbourne? Expecting 100,000 dogs there tonight.

'Soldo' is the name of an ancient Italian coin. 'Castagna' in Italian means chestnut. Likewise, Balta in Italian means Balta.

Timmy will toss Soldo aside, Crozier will crush Castagna into a Nutella spread, and we will kick the Balta Juice Bruce and Jedi Gowers.
Also, Jack Higgins should be working on his new book, "The Bulldog has Landed".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Norm De Guerre's theory that English will dominate sub-standard rucks is once again proven to be correct. I don't even know who Richmond's ruck(s) will be for this game but I think I read that Nankervis is out so it can't be anyone good.

Scrag ol' son. I would've thought that given my unrivalled knowledge of all things AFL, English dominating over a player who wont be able to physically dominate him early is a certainty.

Soldo is pretty solid & will be rucking solo, judging by what I watched of him last week. I can’t see English dominating him.

I liked Jordan McMahon when he played for us but he was not a fan favourite at the Tiggers. Melted butter.

We will win tonight I guarantee. Tigers know this is an elimination final for them so they'll fight until the end. Gowers will actually do something tonight.

This is probably the most confident I've felt about a game all year.

Therefore, Tigers by 20

Bulldogs by 9 points, Gowers to kick 3 goals.

57% chance of a win then, if looking at games where he kicked 2 or more. For 3 games where he's kicked 3 - 2 losses in 2018 and a win in 2019.
He kicked 3 in a late season loss v Richmond in 2018, but in the mid-season loss v North in 2018, he kicked 3 and got his only Brownlow votes (2).

Hopefully we match the 2019 effort, where he kicked 3 v Hawks and we won. It's the game where we were 30 down at 3/4 time, Sicily lost his mind,
Schache kicked 4 (3 in the last), and Billy 1 in the 3rd and 2 in the last, and we rolled over them by 19.

The venue is what is making games hard to assess, what is the value of a midfield domination if the ball is slippery and cannot be
controlled. We should win this by forty points at a minimum, but that is not the way the games are playing out at the moment.

57% chance of a win then, if looking at games where he kicked 2 or more. For 3 games where he's kicked 3 - 2 losses in 2018 and a win in 2019.
He kicked 3 in a late season loss v Richmond in 2018, but in the mid-season loss v North in 2018, he kicked 3 and got his only Brownlow votes (2).

Hopefully we match the 2019 effort, where he kicked 3 v Hawks and we won. It's the game where we were 30 down at 3/4 time, Sicily lost his mind,
Schache kicked 4 (3 in the last), and Billy 1 in the 3rd and 2 in the last, and we rolled over them by 19.
Schache and Gowers kicked 5 between them in a quarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back