Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

And what if the cancel culture is just the latest club with which to beat the political opponents for something that is being done by a lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum?

Are you judging an entire group of people by the actions of a few?

The hate and violence appears to be sustainable when it's directed at politically ticked off enemies, even direct political opponents. We've had almost four whole years of it now.
Didn't you previously liken SJWs to Nazis?

Yeah I did.

The safe spaces match up quite closely with the beer halls in which the Nazis spread their message.
You went further than that.

You said: "Nazi and SJW are the same thing."

So can you really complain when others demonise people they disagree with? Isn't that what you've done?

Say what you will about the 1960's hippies, at least they had awesome music. As a movement, they were attractive to people because they tried to spread a message of peace and love, the beauty of humanity, and trees.

One of the more disturbing characteristics of the Kancel Kulture Krew is a noticeable lack of humour - or any semblance of humanity - which comes from a place of deep and profound self hate.
The world hasn't seen such a tide of hate since crazed French leftists cancelled all their betters in the 1790's but only succeeded in causing years of violent political turmoil, dictatorship and a world war.

Last edited:
You went further than that.

You said: "Nazi and SJW are the same thing."

So can you really complain when others demonise people they disagree with? Isn't that what you've done?

Of course I can complain. If we are bound by the past without growth then why am I even allowed an opinion at all?

Plus, we are talking about this dismissal of a specific person by lumping a group together and then dismissing the group.

You literally said "it will happen". Then when called on it, like any alt-right troll, "hey bruh just jokes! chill!"

You don't have to be serious, just sincere.
Since my post was unclear to both yourself and SJ, I will accept that I wrote it poorly.

The "far fetched" part was the joke, as I am suggesting that those things I mentioned are already happening to an extent. Statues and building names and dates being changed. Police/military enforced lockdowns (and I'm not necessarily saying that the lockdown is wrong.)

I realise we are not literally under "house arrest", it was hyperbolic. I feel like some of the posters here, upon seeing a political caricature cartoon featuring the usual big ears and noses, would be reaching for their tape measures and bellowing: this is not accurate!

Of course I can complain. If we are bound by the past without growth then why am I even allowed an opinion at all?

Plus, we are talking about this dismissal of a specific person by lumping a group together and then dismissing the group.
So you're happy to call people Nazis but then complain about people demonising people they disagree with?

That is some jarring hypocrisy.

Since my post was unclear to both yourself and SJ, I will accept that I wrote it poorly.

The "far fetched" part was the joke, as I am suggesting that those things I mentioned are already happening to an extent. Statues and building names and dates being changed. Police/military enforced lockdowns (and I'm not necessarily saying that the lockdown is wrong.)
There's so much to fear.

I realise we are not literally under "house arrest", it was hyperbolic. I feel like some of the posters here, upon seeing a political caricature cartoon featuring the usual big ears and noses, would be reaching for their tape measures and bellowing: this is not accurate!

Comparing your posts to a cartoon is interesting.

Beep beep.

You're telling lies. Statue names are not being changed. Dates are not being changed.

You have proven yourself to have unsupportable, whacky views and admit associating with far-right groups. Hence your satire looks like something you actually believe is the literal truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The world hasn't seen such a tide of hate since crazed French leftists cancelled all their betters in the 1790's and only succeeded in causing years of violent political turmoil, dictatorship and a world war.

Indeed.

And what's that little saying they have "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

In my vast reading on this particular topic, I have seen examples where these institutions/movements - whatever label you wish to apply to them - are constructed or come together to solve a particular problem. However, over time they evolve and 'existing for the sake of existing' becomes their sole purpose.

So many organisations that are designed to accomplish a goal subtly shift to not actually solving problems, because solving problems will mean they are no longer required, and may be dissolved/disbanded/thrown in the trash can.

They invariably come up with self justifying explanations for why they need to exist, and indeed go on forever.

One may think 'cancel culture' will go away once the problem of white supremacy is solved.

Not so.

The message you will hear from these cretins is 'white supremacy is an incurable disease' and so this movement will never actually bother achieving their goal and wrapping up operations.

If it's not the Proud Boys, then public enemy number 1 is the Ooga Booga Boogalooo Boys, and they must beat this group at all costs lest the 'NAZIS start to assemble on our shores'...and so on and so forth.

Sorry folks, but we will have to endure the lefties nonsense UNTIL THE END OF TIME. :(

Indeed.

And what's that little saying they have "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

In my vast reading on this particular topic, I have seen examples where these institutions/movements - whatever label you wish to apply to them - are constructed or come together to solve a particular problem. However, over time they evolve and 'existing for the sake of existing' becomes their sole purpose.

So many organisations that are designed to accomplish a goal subtly shift to not actually solving problems, because solving problems will mean they are no longer required, and may be dissolved/disbanded/thrown in the trash can.

They invariably come up with self justifying explanations for why they need to exist, and indeed go on forever.

One may think 'cancel culture' will go away once the problem of white supremacy is solved.

Not so.

The message you will hear from these cretins is 'white supremacy is an incurable disease' and so this movement will never actually bother achieving their goal and wrapping up operations.

If it's not the Proud Boys, then public enemy number 1 is the Ooga Booga Boogalooo Boys, and they must beat this group at all costs lest the 'NAZIS start to assemble on our shores'...and so on and so forth.

Sorry folks, but we will have to endure the lefties nonsense UNTIL THE END OF TIME. :(
You're tipping over from a specific complaint about cancel culture into a vague catch-all grievance against "the left". It's not very convincing.

You're tipping over from a specific complaint about cancel culture into a vague catch-all grievance against "the left". It's not very convincing.

Sorry mate. Didn't mean to derail your thread by delving into some of the bigger picture stuff.

I can see it has unsettled you. More than happy to stick to specific complaints.

Now about them Dixie Chicks.

As shown - it does not exist.

This isn't to say people don't gang up on others online, or post untruths, or troll and dox or whatever.
If you make a reaction I'll hit that every time someone attempts to silence an opponent not by discussing the topic at hand but by raising previous alleged disqualifiers.

There is absolutely a culture of that. Because a significant number of people don't have the ideas enough in themselves to discuss them outside the establish narrative points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back