Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much everything Timothy Zahn wrote: Thrawn, the Unknown Regions, the Nogrhi; the Han Solo books fill in his back story better than the movie did. I’d have to go back and look at some of the books for more but all the world building in the EU was expanded on by other people. Lucas laid out the framework and some of the better writers added to it. Others not so much.

Sorry I thought you meant in the movies.

I'd agree with that. A lot of the books have some fantastic plots.

Is it worth a watch? I'm not sure if a show needs it's own episode length behind the scenes episodes. It's another sort of nerd culture overload on paper...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Is it worth a watch? I'm not sure if a show needs it's own episode length behind the scenes episodes. It's another sort of nerd culture overload on paper...

They're 30 minute episodes on different aspects of the production. One on actors, one on directors, one on the special effects, one on the practical effects. So far none of them have felt boring or wasteful. But everyone's different.

They're 30 minute episodes on different aspects of the production. One on actors, one on directors, one on the special effects, one on the practical effects. So far none of them have felt boring or wasteful. But everyone's different.
Directors one sounds interesting.

That format sounds ok.

Directors one sounds interesting.

That format sounds ok.

The one on the special effects is amazing, The Volume is a room of screens that have replaced the concept of green screen, it's crazy.

The practical effects is all about how they made Baby Yoda, it's awesome.

If we have learnt anything from Star Wars, it's that knowing the minor details rarely pays off. Did we really need to know who built C-3PO or how Han got his Solo?
We didn't need to know who built C-3PO. Although that's more a case of it was s**t because they turned young Anakin into some sort of genius able to construct robots and pods. Yet teenage and older Anakin is bog average intelligence at best, not an Einstein with Jedi powers.

We didn't need to know who built C-3PO. Although that's more a case of it was s**t because they turned young Anakin into some sort of genius able to construct robots and pods. Yet teenage and older Anakin is bog average intelligence at best, not an Einstein with Jedi powers.
He's good mechanically. Not necessarily a genius. As he says in one of the least offensive lines in the prequels, let alone episode II, he likes fixing things, he's always been good at fixing things. Life seems simpler when you're fixing things.

He doesn't construct pods or droids, he fixed them, putting them back together. This isn't inconsistent with the character he becomes.

He's good mechanically. Not necessarily a genius. As he says in one of the least offensive lines in the prequels, let alone episode II, he likes fixing things, he's always been good at fixing things. Life seems simpler when you're fixing things.
Fixing an existing C-3PO would be one thing, but unless there was a Protocol droid kit where you just 'snapped the pieces together', then the mechanics are the least complex part of it. It's freaking AI decades ahead of anything we can do out of the most up to date clean environment labs, let alone some dusty corner a slave is kept. It's not in the top 10 of things that are shitty about the prequels, but it was just another unnecessary indulgence to try and make all these past connections between characters, that made it more like bad fan fiction than a real story of the fall of the Republic and rise of Vader.

Fixing an existing C-3PO would be one thing, but unless there was a Protocol droid kit where you just 'snapped the pieces together', then the mechanics are the least complex part of it. It's freaking AI decades ahead of anything we can do out of the most up to date clean environment labs, let alone some dusty corner a slave is kept. It's not in the top 10 of things that are shitty about the prequels, but it was just another unnecessary indulgence to try and make all these past connections between characters, that made it more like bad fan fiction than a real story of the fall of the Republic and rise of Vader.

TC-14 at the start of the movie is the exact same type of protocol droid, Anakin didn't invent them..

He probably salvaged a CPU or something from Watto.

Up to episode 7. This is boring. Star Wars fans have big time battered fan syndrome on this one. Emmy nomination is a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because the star wars world hasn't already been built enough?

What did it really build... Discord on the edges of a collapsed empire. Doesn't take much to work that out.

Settings (except the Stargate village farm planet) were desert planets for the 50th time.

Last edited:
What did it really build... Discord on the edges of a collapsed empire. Doesn't take much to work that out.

Settings (except the Stargate village farm planet) were desert planets for the 50th time.
Yeah i thought the series was good but that's all

Not bad but far from great

It spins me out that in a universe full of planets and different species with unbelievable technology that they all are nomads or live in villages. No cities, add those to make things imo

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back