Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Friday 31st July 5.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to hear the blues supporters, we have a shitload of them in perth

would presume players be jumping out of their skin to play in front of a decent crowd again, be interesting to see how many turn up

We sure do.
Our WA supporters are an amazing group of people that make so much noise at the ground.

I miss going to games. This week I would have attended with a family of Hawks supporters and would have been hoping for some table turning fun at their expense.

Wouldn't mind another grindy win. Gotta learn how to do those too. Need that sort of perserverance for finals footy, which is not far off.

Blues by 12. Go baggers. Enjoy sandgropers.

Geez working from home is hard enough to concentrate, and then an early game..... could someone fast forward to 5.30 please.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I can't even watch it live. Right around the time we give our toddler his dinner then try and get him to bed.
I'll be in the autopsy thread though.

Uncle Fester

Senior List
Jan 5, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
Carlton
We sure do.
Our WA supporters are an amazing group of people that make so much noise at the ground.
and every time we do well over there we get the same response in the media - suprising amount of support for the blues here today... up there with monotonous regularity of "Mark Waugh makes a rare mistake in the field"

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
They've got Frawley, Frost, Stratton, Sicily, Hardwick, Scrimshaw & Impey down back as their 7 defenders (including bench).

If we're playing Levi, Harry, Moore, Martin, Gibbons, Eddie plus the likes of Kennedy, Cripps & Cuningham bobbing up as rotating mids, then having 4 taller/stronger overhead markers up forward at any time probably means Sicily has to be accountable for one of them.

Ideally we want the one that Sicily is defending (you know, as much as he will in their defensive structure) to be able to really put some pressure on him when he has the ball, particularly as he's disposing it. I'd cop a free against early for a (marginally) late hit if it rattles him a little and makes him feel like he has to get rid of it quick. He's such a good kick, don't want him lazily amassing possessions and moving the ball back upfield at will.
Mcevoy too will play KP Def.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
We are quicker in our forward line. FF, I am really happy with our selections this year. Teague is displaying loyalty to a group that is succeeding beyond the expectations of most judges. Sneaky chance of playing finals is the ultimate testament to this notion.
Do not agree with are succeeding beyond expectation. I expected us to be ready to make finals this year. Still really dirty we dropped game to Demons and let Port off the hook. Think we are found out a times being a bit top heavy which is down to selection habits of going that way more often than not. We should be at least one more win than where we are now. Right now we are still out of top ten on ladder and if we were to drop to Hawks, that will be well below my expectations of what I expected this season. Hopefully we put Hawks away and start to pick a more balanced team as season moves on. If we do, finals very much should be the agenda and winning one to show we are a genuine top 8 side.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
and every time we do well over there we get the same response in the media - suprising amount of support for the blues here today... up there with monotonous regularity of "Mark Waugh makes a rare mistake in the field"
Struggle to remember Mark Waugh making mistakes in field. He was like the Bruce Doull of fielding.

Can't you watch it on AFL App on your phone with head phones on?

Not with two kids under three.
Plus my toddler usually hijacks my phone before he goes to bed.
At least this way we can watch it in peace when they're asleep.

Uncle Fester

Senior List
Jan 5, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
Carlton
Struggle to remember Mark Waugh making mistakes in field. He was like the Bruce Doull of fielding.
dont believe the hype - he made plenty - not saying he wasnt a sensational fielder - but he did drop them more than you realised - it became a thing with me and my mates so we were all over it -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9M_uracXR4

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
dont believe the hype - he made plenty - not saying he wasnt a sensational fielder - but he did drop them more than you realised - it became a thing with me and my mates so we were all over it -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9M_uracXR4
Not watching your edited dodgy video link. I am sure it is edited to make it look like he dropped catches....:p

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Want to see Martin and Cuningham get more midfield time today. I know we've been relying on Setters and Kennedy a lot recently but I would love to see some speed injected around the contest with O'Meara/Mitchell/Worpel in there.
The Hawks are 16th for overall clearances and centre clearances, we are 8th overall (I suspect it is due a lot to fewer stoppages) and 3rd for Centre Clearances - I don't think we need to change too much.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I can't even watch it live. Right around the time we give our toddler his dinner then try and get him to bed.
I'll be in the autopsy thread though.

Same deal here, HBF...though I have had some luck with our 2yo in getting her to cheer "Go Blues!" during the games. She loves it for about 5 minutes and then we're on to Frozen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back