Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is either just a plain tank or Shaw is Ken Bruce.

Ken Bruce has gone completely mad!!!

I don’t mind the call to drop Brown, but Polec? WTF?!?!?!

I definitely agree that Polec hasn’t been meeting team standards if the standard at North Melbourne is the dross dished out by MacMillan, Atley, Pittard, Hall etc.

25 touches, 15 contested and 8 intercepts last week.

Something stinks.

I suspect it's Polec's attitude and blatantly not following team instructions.

People are pointing at lesser talented players and why aren't they dropped instead.

It's clearly not the point being made by Shaw and the selection committee.

People are pointing at lesser talented players and why aren't they dropped instead.

It's clearly not the point being made by Shaw and the selection committee.
It’s not the way to go about it.

Keep it inside the 4 walls.

This sounds like Brad 2.0 let’s turn an attacking weapon into a defensive minded player at the detriment to what he does best.

If Shaw wants to send a real message stop rewarding s**t campaigners with games.

Just because they might try and follow instruction doesn’t mean they are deserving of games.

There is standards and the there is this stance, which is rewarding the s**t kid because he stood where you asked him to.

Shaw isn't going to be winning any fans if he makes decisions personal. better not see a boys club 2.0 start again.
Polec is one of the few players currently performing at AFL standard on our list.

On several occasions last week he took the attacking option by foot and hit a target.
This isn’t the game plan, he needs to slow it up and kick long down the line to a contest.

If he can’t follow basic instructions then the only option left is to drop him.

Correct.

Polec is not a team oriented player and I'm happy he's been dropped.

It sends a strong message to the group.

I like it.
Does it really send a strong message though? The season is shot and we have 3 games in 9 days. Now it just feels like a easy omission. If we have now resorted to tanking and producing a losing culture don't be surprised if we embrace it like the Dees and Blues and it becomes the norm.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This sounds like Brad 2.0 let’s turn an attacking weapon into a defensive minded player at the detriment to what he does best.

If Shaw wants to send a real message stop rewarding sh*t campaigners with games.

Just because they might try and follow instruction doesn’t mean they are deserving of games.

There is standards and the there is this stance, which is rewarding the sh*t kid because he stood where you asked him to.
Shaw probably does know a bit about things really.

If Shaw wants to send a real message stop rewarding sh*t campaigners with games.

There is standards and the there is this stance, which is rewarding the sh*t kid because he stood where you asked him to.

I'd say it's the exact opposite of what Scott would do.

Players same each week, swap and changed the fringe players. Rinse and repeat.

Shaw is instead taking a team first approach and certain rules apply to everyone.

Clearly it's important to Shaw to put body on the line, and work hard defensively.

Polec has been terrible at both, often has poor body language, and has been dropped because of it.

I also suspect he has been warned on this previously before making this decision.

Last edited:
I can't remember the game but I do remember Shaw and Polec having a discussion on the field and as Polec turned and walked away he was shaking his head. It wasn't a good look.

Dropping Polec and Brown is slightly staggering and immensely worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if Polec & Browns days are numbered.

Shaw is either going to reshape this team or destroy it and the club trying. I'm fearful of how this is going to end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect it's a mix of not following coaches instructions / 4 day break. Probably the best time to do it tbh.

In hindsight putting Polec on Cripps last week was clearly a message, and maybe Rhyce wasn't happy with his effort.

Putting Polec on Cripps sent one very clear message to the whole team. Shaw has no clue what he's doing.

If trying to turn your creative players into taggers "to send a message" is Shaw's idea of man management, sack him now before he destroys the whole club.

We play Adelaide tomorrow and Geelong on Wednesday night folks.

It's only a 4 day break and Polly is always carrying feet issues.
Then why come out and publicly roast the guy?

Are 26 possessions, 16 of them contested, 6 tackles, and two goals (have adjusted for Pittard's stupidity) not following the game plan?

Also think we have crucified Brown this season with our game plan, forward entries, selections etc this season, and then just as he gets his best forward line partner back and looked to have turned the corner he gets dropped.

I think there is setting standards and then there is Mark Neeld who completely lost the players. Shaw got plaudits last season for the relationships he built with the group but it seems all is not well with at least one of those relationships at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back