Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suspect it's Polec's attitude and blatantly not following team instructions.

People are pointing at lesser talented players and why aren't they dropped instead.

It's clearly not the point being made by Shaw and the selection committee.

Yeah team selection is a bit more complicated than just “x is a better kick than y so we drop y”. Polec is not playing to his potential, whilst a lot of the C graders, unfortunately, are. I’m happy the coach is sending a message. Some serious overreacting going on in here.

Doesn’t matter who you are, you have to meet minimum standards if you want to play for this club...
For a team that’s just lost six, this is the best message you can send to the group, dropping under preforming senior players.

Yep people melted at Scott not doing this for a decade, and now we have a coach that does it and everyone freaks out and questions his sanity/intelligence. Tough crowd.

Yep people melted at Scott not doing this for a decade, and now we have a coach that does it and everyone feels out and questions his sanity/intelligence. Tough crowd.
Show me how MacMillan, Hall, Atley and Pittard are meeting minimum standards and then I might agree.

Obviously a new standard of the North Melbourne Football Club has nothing to do with being able to play footy.

Yep people melted at Scott not doing this for a decade, and now we have a coach that does it and everyone feels out and questions his sanity/intelligence. Tough crowd.

because theres more that need to be dropped. Polec should have been dropped before carlton, his game was average, wasnt the best.. but I can assure you, the droppings have nothing to do with what north have consumed. Its all personal and s**t. If he was dropping players on form. Theres a few to go before Polec

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside the North Game Review this week.

Great game Jamie you followed my instructions perfectly. Don’t worry about being able to kick, handball, mark and tackle, that’s not what we are about.
Oh he can handball it... straight to the opposition where it was so much to advantage he couldnt even smother it! *in spud

Show me how MacMillan, Hall, Atley and Pittard are meeting minimum standards and then I might agree.

Obviously a new standard of the North Melbourne Football Club has nothing to do with being able to play footy.

You show me, I don’t work for the football department. See my post above: the reason we suck is because these guys are playing to the best of their ability.

Polec has another level and he ain’t going to it: dropping him sends a huge message. Dropping JMac (again) doesn’t.

Assuming Brown and Polec being listed as omitted is either a mistake, i.e. should be listed as 'managed' or they have deliberately been listed as omitted rather than managed so as to avoid any tanking accusations. Brown has obviously had personal issues that could see him miss and polecs foot may not stand up to three quick games in succession.

Yeah team selection is a bit more complicated than just “x is a better kick than y so we drop y”. Polec is not playing to his potential, whilst a lot of the C graders, unfortunately, are. I’m happy the coach is sending a message. Some serious overreacting going on in here.

That is an excellent summary.

Clearly the decision is not based on who's the better/more talented players. That is obvious.

To get better as a team goes far beyond such simplistic selection.

Like you I like the msg and imho is deserved as he's frustrated me for weeks.

You show me, I don’t work for the football department. See my post above: the reason we suck is because these guys are playing to the best of their ability.

Polec has another level and he ain’t going to it: dropping him sends a huge message. Dropping JMac (again) doesn’t.
What bullshit.

It sends a huge message.

By continually selecting spuds like MacMillan shows you are creating a culture where you play favourites.

If you drop someone for form reasons but continually play out of form players then your message is pointless. Especially when the player you drop played his part the week before.

If you want to set standards Pittard was your target this week. What he did at 3/4 time was a slap in the face to every teammate on that field.

yes, he has another gear to go to..
For Polecs standards, he should be preforming better, week in and out..
That’s fine, but if you are a good coach that standard has to be applied to every player on the list.

Can you honestly state that Polecs performances have been worse than the Hall, Atley, MacMillan and Pittard?

If Rhyce wants to preach standards then he needs to apply it to every player, not just a player he thinks is more talented.

Assuming Brown and Polec being listed as omitted is either a mistake, i.e. should be listed as 'managed' or they have deliberately been listed as omitted rather than managed so as to avoid any tanking accusations. Brown has obviously had personal issues that could see him miss and polecs foot may not stand up to three quick games in succession.
Playing Brown in his current form would have more merit in being called tanking.
Personally i hope we play Campbell and Durdin and rest Goldy and Tarrant.

Can honestly say i dont care who they field this week after godees won because it really doesnt matter because here on in we cant loose. If we win we pretty much stay round the same spot. Fremantles points deficit puts them in a position where we will leap frog their pick anyway and even if we loose we stay above the crows on the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back