Unofficial Preview Round 9 - Bloods vs Saints 1 Aug @ 5.10 PM @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their forward line is very tall... Membrey, Marshall, King, Battle, with Parker also named on the bench. Jesus this could get ugly

Madness taking that team in against that forward line. Totally bonkers taking a one handed Rampe into that game but if he's a late out they're going to absolutely flog us.
We don't even have a tall listed on the emergencies FFS. Thurlow might come in at the last minute...Would there have been a smaller defense in AFL history? Maibaum isn't good enough to take on a 2nd yr rookie in King or a young KPD like Battle? He may as well piss of back home and look for a job now.

If Saints are on we lose this one by....a whole lot. There's not even any rain to help us.

I guess the game plan is to run, run, run them off their feet. They have folded a couple of times in the second half.

I think the line up is more about finding cohesion and consistency, I talked about this earlier, but it's important for these kids to get used to playing together

Our defence doesn't really worry me, even when we came up against tall forward lines like Richmond or West Coast (we actually won marks inside 50)
Theres definitely things to worry about, but I think fox and Rampe play really well against taller blokes(although I wouldn't mind having brand)

Haha job security and Supercoach mate. The game we all love and hate!

I think they're both really good competitors but Ling has a class advantage. I'm thinking Nick Smith with a more damaging boot. I still remember how Nick had a couple of games in the mids and just ripped it apart but never got another look in as we were so well stocked in that area. I think Ling has potential to go through the middle in the future. Bell I thought was lucky to still be on the list but was impressed with his effort last week.

A 4th gamer vs a 2nd gamer and job security... if their in your SC team it has issues. Ling at a guess. Neither have job security.

They’re riding the pine mate. Just keen for a few cash rises.

I think they're both really good competitors but Ling has a class advantage. I'm thinking Nick Smith with a more damaging boot. I still remember how Nick had a couple of games in the mids and just ripped it apart but never got another look in as we were so well stocked in that area. I think Ling has potential to go through the middle in the future. Bell I thought was lucky to still be on the list but was impressed with his effort last week.

Thanks mate!!!! As much as I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of stats I thought people would like from the footy live app.

The Swans have scored from 41% Oliver Florent’s kicks inside forward 50. 12th of the top 50 kicks in the AFL.

The Swans are the most direct side in the AFL kicking forward from general play 93% of the time.

In the past 4 rounds we have won 41% of one on one contests we have defended, ranked 2nd.

When moving the ball from defence Swans have used the corridor 24% of the time, 2nd highest.

Other
Swans kicking differential last week (+22%) was the highest differential in 2020.
Great stats, Masey.

We've been trying to play the corridor the past two seasons but it hasn't always worked as well as it did against Hawthorn (see Tigers game where their back wall picked everything off) though the commentators seemed to think we've only been doing it for two weeks.

What we didn't do was overuse the handball and have it break down through the middle. We went by foot, kicked well and had running targets.

Florent has been overkicking it a lot. I think in time he will learn to soften it up as he goes inside 50 or just go those low burners like Kennedy does. Kennedy really kicks well inside 50 IMO but it seems something he became better at over the years.

should be out to win every game, they all count, but it does feel like nothing to really lose for us

they should win in a canter really, i got a feeling we can pinch it

Funny story, I was at a corporate gig once at the SCG with a Swans training session (basically the players ran us through a heap of drills). Nick Smith was there and I asked him if he had ambition to play in the midfield, and he said that he was just happy to play wherever it helps the team. I reminded him of that game and he seemed chuffed I had remembered and talked it up amongst the other players there. Absolute gentleman he seemed to be, top fella.

Of the training session I had played a bit of footy so and we were doing a drill where Zac Jones was rolling the ball to us. I was hitting the ball at pace and picking it up cleanly and Zac was like wtf? And starting throwing them hard at me (I was in the zone and was cleanly picking up all of them, I have never been that clean lol). Was pretty funny.

Was very lucky to meet a number of other players that day! I had lunch sitting next to Tom Mitchell, had a “are you going to make it” chat with Marsh.

His name escapes me, but that Irish fella was got from St Kilda I didn’t particularly warm to.

Anyway, my memory lane took me a little off course there....

Funny story, I was at a corporate gig once at the SCG with a Swans training session (basically the players ran us through a heap of drills). Nick Smith was there and I asked him if he had ambition to play in the midfield, and he said that he was just happy to play wherever it helps the team. I reminded him of that game and he seemed chuffed I had remembered and talked it up amongst the other players there. Absolute gentleman he seemed to be, top fella.

Of the training session I had played a bit of footy so and we were doing a drill where Zac Jones was rolling the ball to us. I was hitting the ball at pace and picking it up cleaning and Zac was like wtf? And starting throwing them hard at me (I was in the zone and was cleanly picking up all of them, I have never been that clean lol). Was pretty funny.

Was very lucky to meet a number of other players that day! I had lunch sitting next to Tom Mitchell, had a “are you going to make it” chat with Marsh.

His name escapes me, but that Irish fella was got from St Kilda I didn’t particularly warm to.

Treat.

My

Of the training session I had played a bit of footy so and we were doing a drill where Zac Jones was rolling the ball to us. I was hitting the ball at pace and picking it up cleanly and Zac was like wtf? And starting throwing them hard at me (I was in the zone and was cleanly picking up all of them, I have never been that clean lol). Was pretty funny.

My young bloke had his no.40 jersey signed by Nick Smith at a Swans training many years back. He wore it to Auskick training for seasons after that.

Nick had a chat to him & I have to say, both he and Luke Parker were just great with the kids.

Made me proud to be a Swans member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back