Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

20 touches is a nice way to fill a stat sheet. Probably the least impactful 20 touch game I've ever seen. So many fumbles, so SOFT around the contest, so many bad decisions.
Always putting our players under pressure with s**t handballs, shifting the pressure. Kindly retire please.

Was pretty bad but plenty worse than him
I don't subscribe to this. He's played 200-games. He's a considered a leader. Whether David likes it or not, more is expected of him. He was absent last night, much like the majority of his "career".

Always putting our players under pressure with sh*t handballs, shifting the pressure. Kindly retire please.
Very few players are afforded the luxury of genuinely calling time. It's usually reserved for the superstars, but even then it's no certainty. Most sit in the "forced retirement" category and save face by pulling the pin when they see the writing on the wall. David would consider himself lucky if the club forced him into retirement. His output hasn't deserved that that next to his name.

If he's really the great clubman he proclaims to be, lets see a selfless act (like Hocking and Myers of years gone past) and step aside for the next generation.

I don't subscribe to this. He's played 200-games. He's a considered a leader. Whether David likes it or not, more is expected of him. He was absent last night, much like the majority of his "career".

Very few players are afforded the luxury of genuinely calling time. It's usually reserved for the superstars, but even then it's no certainty. Most sit in the "forced retirement" category and save face by pulling the pin when they see the writing on the wall. David would consider himself lucky if the club forced him into retirement. His output hasn't deserved that that next to his name.

If he's really the great clubman he proclaims to be, lets see a selfless act (like Hocking and Myers of years gone past) and step aside for the next generation.
Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look he wasn't the worst but he's not adding a lot and he's taking up a spot that can be easily filled in the team.

Zaka is a pea-heart for mine, which kills me to say because I was a big fan of his in his early years. He epitomises Essendon for the last decade. At times excites with flashes of brilliance but when you need him to stand up and face adversity he prefers to skirt around the edges avoiding the hard ball.

I'd trade him out to Port to join the likes of Angus and Paddy because his on-field character isn't aligned to the culture we should be building.

4 years later and still the same old s**t. FMD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back