Autopsy Round 9: Hawks beat up on the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

We need more breusts. When he kicked one of his goals, Hudson said something like "he's so reliable, kicks his 400th goal as he always does. " Geez, that a player you can build premierships around.

Ahh yes. It was like Clarko said to them at qtr time, "start playing the game we all love like you are in your junior years, play with some dare and confidence, drive it like you stole it and more importantly....have some fun"
I know that is a little simplstic, but man was that a change in performance after qtr time.
Loved seeing Jars back. And Frosty in my humble opinion, will go close to our B & F at this stage.. just gets it done.
Word has it that Bolton addressed the players at quarter time.

Gunners has been great this year. Thought he struggles all year last year. Bruest/Wingas combo is a joy to watch. Impey back is huge. Once again another player we got in that I had no idea how good he could be. Gun. Much like Frost. Scully ill finally give a pass mark. Obrien was good, few score involvements, tackles, contest after contest. Could only dream of Lewis doing that. The mark was disappointing but the holding the ball and goal as soon as play resumed was the highlight for me. Maybe im jumping the gun on trading Worps to Geelong for a first haha
Also it's important we stick with Harry, I still reckon he's the classic type that you need to pump 50/70 games into, then you will see rewards. He is progressing game by game.
Love my club.

No way do we give those flogs anything. Ok maybe Simon Crawshay, they need a ruckman... ;)

How good did Stratton today?

zero tackles.

Intercept hits?

Rebound stuff.

Stratts needs to give up the captaincy ...

The best man as the leader is McEvoy

I’m all for free speech but honestly the canning of our Captain on this forum is way over the top and unnecessary. We all know that his best years have passed him by but he is our Captain and deserves the respect of a guy who was the lynchpin in our backline during our threepeat.

His takedown of Dangerfield in the dying moments of the semi final in 2013 was one of the most spectacular tackles I have ever seen live at the MCG.
If you wanna have a dig at his form fine but try and show a bit of respect, we should be better than this

At least he's trying to instill the brown and gold into his son.
I know he played for both clubs and the youngsters probably were more aware of him playing when he was with the Demons. But my kids have been told from a very young age that if they follow another team they are out on the street. You just gotta be strong and dish out some tough love occasionally.

So three convincing wins from three outings at Optus and our last two at the G we touched up Brisbane and Richmond. Crazy how much of a difference the size of the ground makes to us.
This is the most accurate way to describe the frustrating s**t-show of the past month.

Yet it shouldn’t be the fact that a ground is narrower which means full time professional footballers and coaches can produce such inferior output.

Makes no sense whatsoever, yet it’s the logical explanation.

We will probably roll Freo and West Coast in the next 2 games and be in the 8after round 11.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh god I’m owned!

Its not a little bit funny that after a loss you spam this board with literally hundreds of posts, and after a huge win you are unsighted?
Spot on.

After giving him the benefit of the doubt and reading his relentless bagging of our coach and captain I have come to the conclusion he is a Noob.

When I pointed out to another poster that Stratts did a number on Betts the idiot put a dislike emoji on my post, because it does not fit into his relentless “Stratton is useless” rants.

Everyone knows that Stratts is in serious decline but the guy has bled for our club and is a 3x Premiership player, I am sick and tired of this HAWKSBESTEVA Flog relentlessly calling him “useless”

I am convinced he is either a moron or a Handbagger Troll.

I have had enough and put the tosser on ignore.

Adios HAWKSBESTEVA

Last edited:
Saturday morning - all’s well with the world.
What a pleasant change.
Please let it continue.

The injection of pace was wonderful but I’d love them to double down and add CJ into our backline, especially if Impey is to play forward.
This.

I'll say one thing. Frost could've single-handedly turned our season around. That one piece of play where he took it on and resulted in the Day goal, showed the rest of the team what needed to be done.

Now for CJ to come in and do more of the same.

It's the way forward.

Oh god I’m owned!

Its not a little bit funny that after a loss you spam this board with literally hundreds of posts, and after a huge win you are unsighted?
Spam it ? You’re kidding haha. Mate I think majority of the board has spammed the autopsy thread. So cause we win I have to make a post ? Yeah RIGHTIO haha

Spot on.

After giving him the benefit of the doubt and reading his relentless bagging of our coach and captain I have come to the conclusion he is a Noob.

When I pointed out to another poster that Stratts did a number on Betts the idiot put a dislike emoji on my post, because it does not fit into his relentless “Stratton is useless” rants.

Everyone knows that Stratts is in serious decline but the guy has bled for our club and is a 3x Premiership player, I am sick and tired of this HAWKSBESTEVA Flog relentlessly calling him “useless”

Adios HAWKSBESTEVA
Oh no my life is ruined you’ve put me on ignore 🤣

Spot on.

Adios HAWKSBESTEVA
Hahaha Stratton didn’t anything you noob, blues hardly got it fwd after 1st quarter and when they did it was just long bombs that we rebounded with ease. Stratton with an elite 0 tackle game 0 rebounds hardly any marks.

Just about to watch the replay. I could ignore the first 15mins but want to listen to the commentary team get all revved up reveling in our performance before it all unravels for them.
Jordy Lewis was practically rubbing one off about Carltanks fast start and our s**t start.

Sadly for Jordan things went downhill for him after that.

This.

I'll say one thing. Frost could've single-handedly turned our season around. That one piece of play where he took it on and resulted in the Day goal, showed the rest of the team what needed to be done.

Now for CJ to come in and do more of the same.

It's the way forward.
Agree. We played with energy last night and Frost and Impey are two guys who do that. Day another. Get CJ in. I’d play Nash too as he provides defensive energy and aggression.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back