News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How’s this what if we opened up a pub where only the infected could go ?
Dunno ,COVID club or some such ?

Or Covid cafes ? It keeps businesses open gives those that haven’t sick pay a job.
I’m a thinker no doubt about it.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I feel sorry for you Victorian's, full lockdown coming again.
You may not agree, but D. Andrews is stuffing this up monumentely. The ADF should have been bought in months ago, he is reactive not pro active.
Stop taking the softly softly approach, you feck up your locked up, people will start taking this serious when a few are isolating in jail.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
SDS , in all fairness I don’t believe you’re qualified to be debating this topic with snake baker . As I’m sure you’re aware he/she has a certificate 4 in disease control

..............and a certificate in hair dressing from Sunshine TAFE!!!

You may not agree, but D. Andrews is stuffing this up monumentely. The ADF should have been bought in months ago, he is reactive not pro active.
Stop taking the softly softly approach, you feck up your locked up, people will start taking this serious when a few are isolating in jail.

It’s not exactly beer and sunshine over here:

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if this had been raised, but I heard the premier say the other day that around 20% of confirmed cases are not isolating? I find this hard to believe. I would have thought those that weren’t prepared to isolate after a positive test wouldn’t even be taking the test in the first place . Something doesn’t seem right here ?

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
R
It’s not exactly beer and sunshine over here:

Rather be free to have a life, than locked up at home.
Talk of seceding comes around all the time and leaves just as easily

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Headline in two weeks time:

Unexplained cluster of 400 cases in Auburn area.
Religion is one thing they can't really mess with.

I'm amazed more people don't exploit the loop hole.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if this had been raised, but I heard the premier say the other day that around 20% of confirmed cases are not isolating? I find this hard to believe. I would have thought those that weren’t prepared to isolate after a positive test wouldn’t even be taking the test in the first place . Something doesn’t seem right here ?

They want to know because when they are really sick they can run to the nearest hospital and in desperation ask for care and a ventilator because l might die. Help me, please....

Last edited:

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree WAAussie - I'm struggling to think of anything that Andrews has done right since the early days of this pandemic (where he was very good).

He loves talking, he loves the spotlight but what decisions is he making to rectify those heinous policy errors around quarantine?

Slow on the uptake on the rising trend of cases, slow to implement masks, poor allocation of resources to contact tracing, slow to seek federal input and he still hasn't moved to anything like a stage 4 - can you believe that retail stores are still open here selling lady's shoes - I mean ffs.

He is quick on the uptake to blame others (and blame can be laid on certain people no doubt) but if his strategy relies on getting 99% - even 95% - compliance from the general public then he needs another plan.

I have no confidence in him whatsoever - he is just bumbling along from day to day like a punch drunk heavyweight in the 12th round - still able to talk but not able to do anything.

We need new leadership and direction if we are to win this battle or we will be here in 3 months still in lockdown.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Agree WAAussie - I'm struggling to think of anything that Andrews has done right since the early days of this pandemic (where he was very good).

He loves talking, he loves the spotlight but what decisions is he making to rectify those heinous policy errors around quarantine?

Slow on the uptake on the rising trend of cases, slow to implement masks, poor allocation of resources to contact tracing, slow to seek federal input and he still hasn't moved to anything like a stage 4 - can you believe that retail stores are still open here selling lady's shoes - I mean ffs.

He is quick on the uptake to blame others (and blame can be laid on certain people no doubt) but if his strategy relies on getting 99% - even 95% - compliance from the general public then he needs another plan.

I have no confidence in him whatsoever - he is just bumbling along from day to day like a punch drunk heavyweight in the 12th round - still able to talk but not able to do anything.

We need new leadership and direction if we are to win this battle or we will be here in 3 months still in lockdown.
His biggest mistake was allowing the decision to hire that firm. He hasn't been as slow on the uptake as you're intimating.

The new leadership stuff is fantasy. If you're referring to the Libs, there'd basically led by a Brighton w anker masquerading as a Trump populist who spend most of his time wanting evrtyhing reopened. The fat campaigner wedged himself.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The security firm thing was an absolute farce, definitely. That really made Andrews look bad, and it would’ve been great if he took responsibility rather than deflecting the blame to those few idiots who thought the rules didn’t apply to them.

I just wish the government had the guts to pull the trigger on a more authoritarian response. As soon as cases start hitting the 100s in a day, bring in stage 4 restrictions, only go out for food and essential work, shut everything else. Chuck rule breakers in jail, station army personnel at all hotspot areas, ban people in those areas from going out at all. People’s ‘rights‘ shouldn’t mean s**t when there’s a national health crisis. I don’t think that any moderate government would have the guts to do that though, thanks to the stupid individualist, ‘muh freedom’ outlook which has taken over society.

So, going back to your point about new leadership, a different government in power would be different from the current one only in that that godawful security firm decision wouldn’t have been made. Which would be a huge benefit, likely decreasing our case numbers by a few thousand, but I think you’re overstating the differences between what this government has done and what another one would do instead in regards to those other things (Masks, contact tracing, etc.) The only real possible difference that could’ve been made would have been an authoritarian response, and neither Labor nor the Libs would have had the guts to do that.

R
Rather be free to have a life, than locked up at home.
Talk of seceding comes around all the time and leaves just as easily

Haha agree with you Waussie, just seems every week we threaten to secede

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back