Autopsy vs Crows - Round 9 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

So need to get carried away beating the bottom side, who also had 2 or 3 of the best out, But! Still things to like, in no particular order:

1. LDU looked like a centre square player; let's have a bit more
2. Maj - still get the X factor
3. Curtis Taylor didn't suffer a compound fracture of his leg, but not sure how
4. LMac in just about career best form
5. Shaw got a return on his changes incl persevering with Pittard; shows that he's capable of moulding a team in his own image, the hallmark of a good coach
6. Scott, BMac good again

Not to put on knock on either, being young players and all that, but Hayden is getting ragged and could do with a rest; good for Mahony to open his account, and looked good in transition when the game opened up, but has to put on 5 kegs across the shoulders to make his tackles count, or won't play with a full list available until he does

Mahony looked AFL standard. Youngest player in the AFL, hopefully he can build on this.

Mckay playing with confidence. Stayed with Lynch when he was on him. Lynch runs up the ground all day as good as any forward. Really good signs.

LDU and Bonar showed a bit (and class -LDU) and will get better for the run. As will Hayden.

Scott will be a real good. Class and clean.

Cam was much better. Will rip a final or two apart one day.

From pick 2 to pick 5 yay. Thought Bryce Gibbs still had something to offer? nope finished and my god Wikipedia and the dictionary need to change the definition of flat track bully to just to a photo Aaron Hall no paragraphs more definitions just Aaron hall's photo

Aaron Hall has played a pretty solid month of football. Has been in our best 5 or 6 over that time frame. Clueless comment.

Good to see Hall have a good game. Mahoney, McKay, Scott, and Hayden also got good game time and our goals were coming from everywhere... It nice to have a win and see so many positives, however Adelaide were insipid..

A win, finally! Good to see us playing well and moving the ball with confidence as well - sometimes trying to be too cute (especially in the third quarter), but more often doing some very nice things that it'd be good to see more of in other games, and it's particularly good for our younger players to regain confidence that what they're trying to do can work.

Possibly it's just because of how insipid our opposition were, but I thought we almost seemed to be playing a different gameplan again - this wasn't the stodgy long-kicking game of Round 6, nor the handball-happy stuff we followed that up with in the next two weeks, instead we were quick to switch the ball in our back half and then find loose options both in and out of the corridor. It's a riskier style, and if there's a clear knock on an otherwise good showing today it's that we still mess up easy disposals far too often, but if we've got the capacity to play like that when the time is right, that bodes well for us long-term as well.

Fantastic moment with Daw getting a goal on return, and everything that symbolises. Mahony with first and second career goals was great to see as well. Plenty of players who either played brilliantly today or at least had their moments, which is something you couldn't say about our previous six. Sure, beating up on a very very poor bottom side, but all the same, great to be in the winners' column again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always nice to win and to score that many goals was fun considering the last few weeks. But my god Adelaide are in absolute shambles. We were running circles around them and our accuracy was mainly due to the fact that most of our goals were right in front.

But * them. I hate the Crows and they've had the wood over us for 20 years. Today was a good day.

So need to get carried away beating the bottom side, who also had 2 or 3 of the best out, But! Still things to like, in no particular order:

1. LDU looked like a centre square player; let's have a bit more
2. Maj - still get the X factor
3. Curtis Taylor didn't suffer a compound fracture of his leg, but not sure how
4. LMac in just about career best form
5. Shaw got a return on his changes incl persevering with Pittard; shows that he's capable of moulding a team in his own image, the hallmark of a good coach
6. Scott, BMac good again

Not to put on knock on either, being young players and all that, but Hayden is getting ragged and could do with a rest; good for Mahony to open his account, and looked good in transition when the game opened up, but has to put on 5 kegs across the shoulders to make his tackles count, or won't play with a full list available until he does

These are really bonus games for Mahony but will be great for his development. With a full list he is still waiting for his debut.

IMO we're not getting a top 2pick unless it's off Melbourne.

We'll be bottom 6 probably bottom 4 but unless we have another run of injury we'll gel and be better in the second half of the season then we were in the first.

It is what it is.

Got it done, played quite well for the majority but switched off at times though.

Not sinking the boots into Browny here, but giving the F50 a different look proved very beneficial. Probably would of kicked a bag today, but we looked far less predictable which really helped. Will probably be in on Wednesday, can’t go back to looking for him 9/10 entries must remain unpredictable.

Crows were pathetic honestly, so don’t expect much against the Cats.

Jed was a machine today, LMac was sensational. I liked LDU’s game not sure why people were so critical tbh, could maybe bodyline it a bit more but that will come with confidence in his body.

All in all great to just win and get Maj on the park, what a great story and what a great man. Onya Maj!

Can those big mouth Crows supporters who walked behind me for 5 minutes telling me how we have no future after the 2016 AO Final, put your hands up....ta...thanks
Yeah, I know - the Cow supporters are dirty bastards, not unknown for them to spit on Vic supporters...

Listening to 5AA call scrumptious 🤣

But all in all, after getting hammered today, it might be nice for them to have a win next week, so let’s hope that if the Cows are going to win just one game, it’s against the GoDees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back