Autopsy vs Crows - Round 9 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes when we are crap and lose a lot of games in a row, it’s easy to talk about finishing low and getting good draft picks. But really, there’s nothing better than winning. That was 200% better than the last 6 weeks.
We are better than 17th. Not quite top 8 (yet) but definitely not bottom 2. Melbourne will fall in a heap and we will still most likely end up with a top 4 pick from them at least.
People underestimate the impact that winning and building confidence has on the group as a whole.

From pick 2 to pick 5 yay. Thought Bryce Gibbs still had something to offer? nope finished and my god Wikipedia and the dictionary need to change the definition of flat track bully to just to a photo Aaron Hall no paragraphs more definitions just Aaron hall's photo
Bit harsh on hall there bud.....he’s been on an upwards curve for 3-4 weeks.

Good to see the young blokes get a run at VFL level after all those stupid scratch matches. I think I'm more than half-serious; gives them confidence shows them what they're capable of if they get to the level.
Watch out for Mahoney if he can put on a bit of size and strength - when he can break and stick tackles he'll be quite a player I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win, finally! Good to see us playing well and moving the ball with confidence as well - sometimes trying to be too cute (especially in the third quarter), but more often doing some very nice things that it'd be good to see more of in other games, and it's particularly good for our younger players to regain confidence that what they're trying to do can work.

Possibly it's just because of how insipid our opposition were, but I thought we almost seemed to be playing a different gameplan again - this wasn't the stodgy long-kicking game of Round 6, nor the handball-happy stuff we followed that up with in the next two weeks, instead we were quick to switch the ball in our back half and then find loose options both in and out of the corridor. It's a riskier style, and if there's a clear knock on an otherwise good showing today it's that we still mess up easy disposals far too often, but if we've got the capacity to play like that when the time is right, that bodes well for us long-term as well.

Fantastic moment with Daw getting a goal on return, and everything that symbolises. Mahony with first and second career goals was great to see as well. Plenty of players who either played brilliantly today or at least had their moments, which is something you couldn't say about our previous six. Sure, beating up on a very very poor bottom side, but all the same, great to be in the winners' column again!
Could this be why we looked so shagged at times...trailing our man. We looked completely gassed at times. Weird game.

Good to win to keep morale up whilst ‘hubbing’ up on the Gold Coast.
I just find it difficult to make any serious analysis after playing a team as bad as Adelaide were today. We might need a rebuild etc but they are in a truly shocking state.
2 first rounders for Gibbs would have to be the greatest AFL hustle of all time.
Twilight game on Wednesday......it’s truly a bizarre world at the moment but I’m glad there’s footy to watch on the tv at least.

Positives
Majak
LMac-playing like a top 10 draft pick (AA??).
Goldy-THE premier ruckman in the comp.
Jed-I love watching this bloke. Hard as nails.
BMac-A key ingredient to our future.
JMac-should have been a wingman his whole career.
LDU-second game, building.

Negative
10 minutes of putrid football that would have good sides pile on 5 goals.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

From pick 2 to pick 5 yay. Thought Bryce Gibbs still had something to offer? nope finished and my god Wikipedia and the dictionary need to change the definition of flat track bully to just to a photo Aaron Hall no paragraphs more definitions just Aaron hall's photo

Jeez, give a man a break - for the love of Jesus H. Christ! Hall has been improving every week for the past month. When did blinkers become so popular on this board?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was fun.

Highlights:
Majak - what a sight to see him out there, * we’ve missed him.
Luke McDonald - loves playing the Crows.
Goldy - absolutely took the piss at times. Never seen him more confident.
Aaron Hall - when he’s hot he’s scintillating.
Jed - just a junkie for punishing blokes, really set the tone around the ball.
LDU - a lot more time on the ball and took another big step forward, huge score involvement numbers.
Bonar - nothing flashy but he’s a really neat user, showed some good signs.
Mahoney - great to see him break his goal duck.
Scott - can see he’s gaining confidence, great user and very smart.

Pretty much all the younger guys showed positive signs.

The McDonald - Hall - Zurhaar goal from the kick in was one of the most satisfying passages of footy I’ve seen.

Positive: We didn't fall away after opening up a big, we blew the crows away in the 4th, outscoring them 7.3 to 1.1.
Negative: It was only the crows. They are one of the worst teams I've seen since the early years of Gold Coast and GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back