Review Grose, Bullshite & Useless v Kangaroos 2020...

Remove this Banner Ad

Good
One less game to endure
Bad
They played like a team with no plan, no heart and no idea
Ugly
This is the worst shape the club has ever been in. Even in the Shaw and end of the Craig years we still had decent talent on the list. Now, years of mediocre recruiting and list management is hurting us badly. We are not even competitive and our recruiting looks more busy then boom. In short, we don't have the nucleus of a decent team on the field and we off field we are a rabble. This looks like we are in for years of pain. This is Melbourne circa 2008 bad.
Nah...its no where near that good. Its much, much worse.
Wont win a game again for a couple years at least.

There are no positives, and I am generally able to see good things in bad times.

Gibbs Knight and Strachan. Why play these guys.
Gibbs and Knight are done.
Fog was an emergency, if Tex is out surely Fog is in.

A few times Strachan and RoB were competing for the same ball. They cant play together. If you are playing a Ruck/Forward he should compliment the main Ruck, not compete with him.

Which brings me to Hiimmelberg. He is a shell of the player he showed promise of being in 2018. Delist at years end

I fear Nicks has no idea. There is no structure or method of play.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There are no positives, and I am generally able to see good things in bad times.

Gibbs Knight and Strachan. Why play these guys.
Gibbs and Knight are done.
Fog was an emergency, if Tex is out surely Fog is in.

A few times Strachan and RoB were competing for the same ball. They cant play together. If you are playing a Ruck/Forward he should compliment the main Ruck, not compete with him.

Which brings me to Hiimmelberg. He is a shell of the player he showed promise of being in 2018. Delist at years end

I fear Nicks has no idea. There is no structure or method of play.

Himmelberg I find interesting, I have not seen any hint of an AFL footballer and I try to look for something, but heh nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good; Debuting Strachan, Lairds goal.
Bad; Everything else.
Ugly; The ins. Our inept coaching panel, can anyone give me a run down on our game plan and structures?

Our ball movement is putrid, we dont run hard, we just kick long, straight and hope.
We dont run angles, we dont overlap, we dont create a loose option.

What is our zone when the opposition kick in?

Why can the opposition walk the ball out of our forward line? Why can they walk the ball through the midfield?

We must have by far the least pressure acts in the league.

The answer to these questions is not because of the rebuilding list, the teams we've recently played have had similar amounts of inexperience as us.

Question: what happened to the effort from last week? We had a real crack against the bombers

We brought in vets.

The same vets who were a part of the mutiny that got rid of pyke and co...

Someone needs to pay for putting this list together.
You really believe the players are that bad?

I'm not buying it, fair enough if it was only a couple of them but the malaise is just just about across the whole list, old, mid range and the youngsters even.
Players that ranged from very good to handy AFL players in the 23 - 28 age bracket shouldn't be falling off a cliff like they have this season, something is seriously wrong somewhere, my best guess is a lot of it is down to their fitness levels not being at the level of other AFL teams and the lack of astute coaches and a coherent game plan and structures.

Ben Keays looks to be one of the few players capable of repeat efforts and to be still running on the top of the ground at the end of SHORTENED quarters.....and I wonder why that is?

Himmelberg I find interesting, I have not seen any hint of an AFL footballer and I try to look for something, but heh nothing
St kilda game at Docklands in 2019 (not 2018) he showed some promise as a key forward. I thought he may build from there.

Since then nothing.

The iso break has exposed our culture even further.

Players were left to their internal professionalism and motivation which is zero and their fitness reflects this.

The first hint that the fire had gone out is when multiple players returned from the post 2017 end of year break unfit. This was before the camp.

The fire had already gone out and the camp just gave them something to blame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back