Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was already a case in the community a couple of weeks ago of a WA resident returning from Victoria who tested positive who was then placed in to HQ.

QLD is showing that it is possible to have hotspot restrictions in place, and using your testing, tracing capability to keep the community safe as opposed to hard borders.
Queensland is just a month behind nsw and 3 months behind qld.

Because the compromises being made and the risk being run by teams (wags and family's) to carry or contract covid, is creating, and will create, future ripples in family's. Breakups etc will be a concern as the season progress's. Let alone if corona raises it's head in a team, which has now happened? also players staying home, and there are quite a few, is not allowing the best teams on the park.
Whats so funny.

Afl putting money before anything else. So transparent.
Pretty much like all major sports.
Putting survival before anything else. The season doesn’t finish, that’s $150m they don’t get. It basically guarantees 2-3 clubs don’t come back next year. This season is all about just getting it done.

Because in WA you could have a day/twilight GF and have it be a night game on the East Coast for TV ratings + have the biggest crowd.
One of the biggest reasons people have been calling for the night GF is the night time experience (entertainment, fireworks, etc). If we are going to experiment with the night GF this year, surely we want to trial it with all these things. Not just another day game somewhere else.

One of the biggest reasons people have been calling for the night GF is the night time experience (entertainment, fireworks, etc). If we are going to experiment with the night GF this year, surely we want to trial it with all these things. Not just another day game somewhere else.

Think you'll find the Afl/ broadcasters want it for ratings.

Rumours swirling about stage 4.

Hope so, not because I believe we need it, but for the 6 week holiday. You little Anzac.

The Australian is running with Stage 4 restrictions for 6 weeks starting Wednesday :eek:

Looks like this is happening people......

I feel like Victoria will be quoting Antarctic Explorer Capt Lawrence Oats and saying to the rest of Australia soon "I am just going outside and may be some time."

All this cause the government went with dodgy brothers security incorporated to manage the hotel quarantine program, un-f......g believable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you’re protesting something, the most important thing is working out the best actions to take in order to get what you want.
Normally, this is something for the protesters to work out for themselves. It’s not often those you are protesting against tell you exactly what will get you what you want.

But that’s the situation we’re in and the fact they still refuse to do it makes the anti lockdown gang look even more stupid than they already are.

If you want to go out in public without a mask, go to the footy, go to the pub, see your mates, travel freely, participate in your sport, go camping, whatever you are missing

Stay
At
Home

The Australian is running with Stage 4 restrictions for 6 weeks starting Wednesday :eek:

Looks like this is happening people......

I feel like Victoria will be quoting Antarctic Explorer Capt Lawrence Oats and saying to the rest of Australia soon "I am just going outside and may be some time."

All this cause the government went with dodgy brothers security incorporated to manage the hotel quarantine program, un-f......g believable

Lol mainstream media. Never factually correct.

6 weeks of pretty much repeating March 23 - May 11 will take us through to end of State of Emergency September 16.

Question will be, what happens on September 17.

Will probably revert back to stage 2 from Monday 21st September. Unless we get cases down between 0-10 in which case we will reopoen.

I don’t see anything drastic here that we didn’t see the first time, construction will still be on, cafes and restaurants will still do takeaway, schools will all go remote learning which should already be the case.

It pretty much sounds like retail is going to cop it, the majority voluntarily shut the first time, this time the government will shut them down.

Public transport to run on a weekend timetable, no way they shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back