QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched first half of Magpies v Cats today. Cats pretty much took over about half way through first qtr and in control after that. Magpies really seem like they could be a better team when they have their good patches but just turn it over and lose contested ball too easily at other times

A couple of ripping games by the looks of it. Wilston Grange by 1 point over Mt Gravatt and Morningside by 2 points over Surfers.
Palmy showed Maroochydore the level to aspire and Broadbeach march on with a win over Sherwood. Good comp

Hi. Joining the thread so hope that’s ok.

When there are junior players that switch clubs all the time or have that “ugly” parent, you don’t think the old club and the new club get on the phone and give each other the heads up????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unlike some scribes on here I have no real issue for players to change clubs. Sometimes players can get stereotyped by the coaches. Sometimes they dont fit into the best 22 etc.
However clubs have to be strong enough to tell the parent how that club does things and not be blinded by "the potential".

Unlike some scribes on here I have no real issue for players to change clubs. Sometimes players can get stereotyped by the coaches. Sometimes they dont fit into the best 22 etc.
However clubs have to be strong enough to tell the parent how that club does things and not be blinded by "the potential".

Yeah I agree that sort of stuff comes up and its fine. It's a pretty complex thing to manage families/players/coaches and clubs. A 15/16 yr old looking for a bit more opportunity and perhaps a different pathway than his club can provide is certainly supportable. A 12-14 year old that has been shopped around by his dad and has a history at 2-4 local clubs before he gets to you is another story

Watched my Broady beat the Magpies today ,, was a good game and the Magpies are a much better side then I thought ,,
Must say , Broady have copped a huge injury list in the 3 games they have played,,, like coming in to todays game they were
missing their captain in Fowler, neal , clarke, mills, gilmore, fyfe,davies, hancock and o shea,, i mean these players are good players
and it looks like we have 3 injury issues from today ...

Good win by panthers today then. I saw Q2 and all the momentum with surfers. Panthers were hanging in. Never easy to win on that ground from experience and obviously won tough vs a good side.

Smy ,, a big number of hamstrings

That’s actually incorrect stuyd. Neal is a hammy it’s the only one I think. Pretty much all impact injuries, ribs, knees and a couple ankle sprains. It’s just unlucky but fortunately the majority aren’t season enders

with the academy boys away in the next 2 weeks depth will certainly be tested

That’s actually incorrect stuyd. Neal is a hammy it’s the only one I think. Pretty much all impact injuries, ribs, knees and a couple ankle sprains. It’s just unlucky but fortunately the majority aren’t season enders

with the academy boys away in the next 2 weeks depth will certainly be tested

4 PLAYERS WITH HAMSTRINGS IF YOU READ THE FACEBOOK SITE 2010 pREMIER

A couple of ripping games by the looks of it. Wilston Grange by 1 point over Mt Gravatt and Morningside by 2 points over Surfers.
Palmy showed Maroochydore the level to aspire and Broadbeach march on with a win over Sherwood. Good comp

I wonder why someone at Grange can’t put the live sores up for each grade along with Goal kickers and (if they have any) best players!!! Are they too busy drinking the sponsors funds in their corporate area to find someone to let us do unfortunate followers of this info or to busy being embarrassed for their major support of kicking the footy in a grade that doesn't mention the AFLQ Women’s Comp!!!
Shame on the Club that craves support but doesn’t play their core players and expect loyalty!!!!
Shame on this club for there lack of loyalty!!!

I wonder why someone at Grange can’t put the live sores up for each grade along with Goal kickers and (if they have any) best players!!! Are they too busy drinking the sponsors funds in their corporate area to find someone to let us do unfortunate followers of this info or to busy being embarrassed for their major support of kicking the footy in a grade that doesn't mention the AFLQ Women’s Comp!!!
Shame on the Club that craves support but doesn’t play their core players and expect loyalty!!!!
Shame on this club for there lack of loyalty!!!
Bunter, I am not involved in Grange at all and not a member or supporter. Whilst you're entitled to your opinion I believe every club has done a great job just re-engaging and getting footy back. It was tough before COVID era with volunteers and now even more so. No doubt you have a gripe about something there but I reckon you're out of line. BTW I was following several games across several divisions on live score and saw the final Mt Gravatt goal go up at the 21 min mark, then the 24 min mark for the final Grange goal, and also the final siren time and therefore result. Plus the game was live streamed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunter, I am not involved in Grange at all and not a member or supporter. Whilst you're entitled to your opinion I believe every club has done a great job just re-engaging and getting footy back. It was tough before COVID era with volunteers and now even more so. No doubt you have a gripe about something there but I reckon you're out of line. BTW I was following several games across several divisions on live score and saw the final Mt Gravatt goal go up at the 21 min mark, then the 24 min mark for the final Grange goal, and also the final siren time and therefore result. Plus the game was live streamed.
No gripes at all just frustrated at lack of info. The Grange games are the only ones which don’t seem to be updated from the Colts to the Seniors!!!! It is not a difficult task surely to inform the public of this information as all other clubs seem to!!!! I just am a supporter of local based footy and I did not even know that these games are even live streamed - maybe it is just a lack of information to the general public by AFALQ also that needs upgrading in these COVID-19 times!!!

If it's not so difficult to do and it's so important why not put your hand up to go and do it?

Ideal world it would be done. But you have to find people willing to do it for free, likely on top of a million other things they've been asked to do. Appreciate if it's there, not criticise if it's not.

Not quite sure what the issue was. I couldn't really make sense of the above poster to work out if they actually had a gripe or not. Read like nonsensical ramblings or, at the best, typed after indulging in a few.

In any case, I was at the game and was checking the live scoring to see who had kicked the goals and it was being updated live. That was in the seniors - can't speak for the colts or ressies.

Not quite sure what the issue was. I couldn't really make sense of the above poster to work out if they actually had a gripe or not. Read like nonsensical ramblings or, at the best, typed after indulging in a few.

In any case, I was at the game and was checking the live scoring to see who had kicked the goals and it was being updated live. That was in the seniors - can't speak for the colts or ressies.
Yeah we definitely had the live scores up for the grange game as they were announcing round the ground scores at the breaks.Our biggest problem is not being able to let the players into the licensed area after match because it is already at Covid capacity.But it is what it is and were are lucky and more than happy to be playing local footy.

Yeah we definitely had the live scores up for the grange game as they were announcing round the ground scores at the breaks.Our biggest problem is not being able to let the players into the licensed area after match because it is already at Covid capacity.But it is what it is and were are lucky and more than happy to be playing local footy.
Ofcourse after a couple of announcements the players from both Noosa and Cooparoo came into the bar which was great.I think a few of the kings boys were staying up!Most patrons were happy to leave and give up their spots without any drama at all.It does help having a couple of security guards there!

Ofcourse after a couple of announcements the players from both Noosa and Cooparoo came into the bar which was great.I think a few of the kings boys were staying up!Most patrons were happy to leave and give up their spots without any drama at all.It does help having a couple of security guards there!

Its tough having too many drunks at your club mate... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back