Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

We have been watching Cursed and it started strong but is getting a bit meh. They've really bastardized the Arthurian legend here, to the point where (future King) Arthur is now black and a highwayman it seems. Also, the king in the series is called Uther Pendragon, which was actually King Arthur's name (Uther is Gaelic for Arthur).

Any fans of the Altered Carbon franchise? Enjoyed season 1, 2 less so.
That's probably the general consensus.
Sadly it's another case of showrunners changing the source material (a trilogy of novels) to suit their preferences.

Season 1 was actually reasonably close to the first book, although some key changes were made along the way.
Unfortunately season 2 didn't use book 2 (arguably the best in the series) and pretty much went straight to book 3.
It looked like the budget was cut and the writing wasn't great.

That's probably the general consensus.
Sadly it's another case of showrunners changing the source material (a trilogy of novels) to suit their preferences.

Season 1 was actually reasonably close to the first book, although some key changes were made along the way.
Unfortunately, season 2 didn't use book 2 (arguably the best in the series) and pretty much went straight to book 3.
It looked like the budget was cut and the writing wasn't great.
Yeah, although I've never read the books I agree S1 was really good. But S2 was a mess and I found it hard to get through.

Sunderland 2nd series....what happens to the striker they spend $3 million pounds on? A lot of time is spent on it during the series yet he hardly sees any game time after the first couple of matches. Must have been a massive flop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished The Stranger last night. Loved a lot about it.

The neighbour and his son as well as the police offsider, despite being major characters were a bit too comedic and lightweight. The high school kids going off to investigate everything was a bit Secret Seven for me.

Despite those flaws, I really enjoyed it. Terrific convoluted plot that all came together nicely.

Finished The Stranger last night. Loved a lot about it.

The neighbour and his son as well as the police offsider, despite being major characters were a bit too comedic and lightweight. The high school kids going off to investigate everything was a bit Secret Seven for me.

Despite those flaws, I really enjoyed it. Terrific convoluted plot that all came together nicely.
Yes, great series, I loved it too.

Mollys Game 9/10

I like poker so I liked this for the poker , my friend hates poker but liked this for the human story

Surprisingly less about poker than I expected but a good primer for those who wish to understand/learn poker
Written & Directed by Aaron Sorkin, that's why it's so good.

Mollys Game 9/10

I like poker so I liked this for the poker , my friend hates poker but liked this for the human story

Surprisingly less about poker than I expected but a good primer for those who wish to understand/learn poker
I didn't like it. Too much narration.

Also, in case you didn't know, I read the movie star was apparently Tobey Maguire.

Been working through Line of Duty. First couple of seasons seem pretty good.
Having watched more American based series recently, takes a bit to adjust to English ones, the English ones always seem a little less glamourous.
Still laugh every time their greetings to each other are "all right"

We have been watching Cursed and it started strong but is getting a bit meh. They've really bastardized the Arthurian legend here, to the point where (future King) Arthur is now black and a highwayman it seems. Also, the king in the series is called Uther Pendragon, which was actually King Arthur's name (Uther is Gaelic for Arthur).
In just about every adaption of the Arthurian legend I've ever read Uther Pendragon has been Arthur's father.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back