Review Grose, Bullshite & Useless v Kangaroos 2020...

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly - I should have added that.

Losing faith in Hamish by the day. Reid should have enough dignity to offer resign
Hard to see it not being a long, long road. Underwhelming kids mixed with mostly useless senior players. This may not be the only spoon.

On the call today they said he is averaging 8 touches this year.

That is nothing short of diabolical
TBH sick of the sight of him at the moment. F...g super draft, talent all around pick 9, just not pick 9.

Much harder not to pick a ready made player in that draft, but Hamish may well have delivered another midfield dud.

Time will tell but really disappointed right now

On the call today they said he is averaging 8 touches this year.

That is nothing short of diabolical
He has got no senior players to support him and is being coached by Mick Godden. If you chuck Jones into a system like the Eagles right now it would be a very different story. He has absolutely no chance of succeeding if he doesn’t get senior players helping him.

What do you all want? What chance did Jones have of succeeding in a team where he sees senior players like Gibbs jogging to contests?

TBH sick of the sight of him at the moment. F...g super draft, talent all around pick 9, just not pick 9.

Much harder not to pick a ready made player in that draft, but Hamish may well have delivered another midfield dud.

You really do know how to throw a dummy spit.

His obsession with Tasmanian talent might have cost us.

Don't get me wrong, I can see talent, but not sure if it is going to translate.

He has got no senior players to support him and is being coached by Mick Godden. If you chuck Jones into a system like the Eagles right now it would be a very different story. He has absolutely no chance of succeeding if he doesn’t get senior players helping him.

What do you all want? What chance did Jones have of succeeding in a team where he sees senior players like Gibbs jogging to contests?
I want Jones playing, and McHenry etc..

But I'm seeing their peers have the odd big game. We aren't getting that at all.

I acknowledge they are unsupported, but surely even without support you can get it more than 8 times in 100 minutes.

I want Jones playing, and McHenry etc..

But I'm seeing their peers have the odd big game. We aren't getting that at all.

I acknowledge they are unsupported, but surely even without support you can get it more than 8 times in 100 minutes.
We aren’t giving them any opportunity to thrive when the senior players who are meant to be supporting them are below AFL standard right now. Those two in particular have both played less than 15 games in an absolutely rubbish team who have won 2 of their last 19 games. I don’t think even a Rowell would shine in our current setup, the coaching and development is so damn poor they’re on the back foot before they even get on the field.

Feel free to convince me otherwise with his 1 handball 2nd half. Close to the same last week too.

Being gifted games
We have to gift him games to allow him to work through this poor patch, playing in pointless scratch matches won’t do anything to improve his form. How is he meant to thrive when you’ve got Matt Crouch hesitating at the first centre clearance of the game? Talk about setting a poor tone, especially from someone in the leadership group.

No Tex, Sloane or Doedee had this side devoid of any real leadership today.

We have to gift him games to allow him to work through this poor patch, playing in pointless scratch matches won’t do anything to improve his form. How is he meant to thrive when you’ve got Matt Crouch hesitating at the first centre clearance of the game? Talk about setting a poor tone, especially from someone in the leadership group.

If you recalled the 2018 draft now he’d barely make the top 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren’t giving them any opportunity to thrive when the senior players who are meant to be supporting them are below AFL standard right now. Those two in particular have both played less than 15 games in an absolutely rubbish team who have won 2 of their last 19 games. I don’t think even a Rowell would shine in our current setup, the coaching and development is so damn poor they’re on the back foot before they even get on the field.
I'm not going to compare them to Rowell. He was one of the best players in the comp full stop for his first few matches.

But you can't tell me that Jones and even McHenry when playing were simply not getting enough of it.

Of all the debutants this year (non trades) McPherson and McAdam are the only ones justifying their game time with continued improvement regardless of consistency (you can be inconsistent, but still show improvement imo)

I'm not going to compare them to Rowell. He was one of the best players in the comp full stop for his first few matches.

But you can't tell me that Jones and even McHenry when playing were simply not getting enough of it.

Of all the debutants this year (non trades) McPherson and McAdam are the only ones justifying their game time with continued improvement regardless of consistency (you can be inconsistent, but still show improvement imo)
Did you forget Hamill?

All I want is a soul destroying, 7 year rebuild, which isnt worse than this.

The ego of the board is too strong to step aisde, the only way they go is if someone orders a hitman, because they wont GTFO

how much. I’m free evenings.

would you like to buy a clue?

I am not holding my scarf above my head during a sing-along!
Also, I remember when people were saying we needed to be more like Port with their match day “experience” and fantastic coaching panel and Kochie.... they then proceeded to crash and burn pretty much every season after that and STILL haven‘t done anything. Remember Rocky Motslop? Sure they are sitting top at the moment but even still, are yet to beat a team in the eight. The one thing they did well was the super draft, and their kids look terrific. even Dixon seems to have got his s**t together this year. Anyways... there are 17 other teams far better than us this year. Requires a major re-think and approach. But let’s please not try to be like Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back