Review Grose, Bullshite & Useless v Kangaroos 2020...

Remove this Banner Ad

where have we heard this “i love our players, blah, blah, blah” bullshit before?... oh, thats right... Bolton at carlton last year.. just before he finally got the arse.

nicks is the new Bolton. fu** him off now please.
Why the hell do we contract untried coaches On 2/3 year contracts. You don’t stick a new tenant in your house for 3 years if they have no rental history , you give em 6 months and see what happens. Then arse them ASAP if they are shitty. It’s not a ******* charity.

Bed around 0230, awake again (4 months of 2020 insomnia), aching from arthritis/oldness just before 0600, mind churning with Biz slump, C-19, and the bloody Crows.
:confounded:
Thought back to:
--- Round 10, 2018, when the 91-point hammering from Melb. in the Alice was a standout loss, like yesterday, like PA this year, terrible.
--- the 2017 PF, which was their last truly great win vs. Geelong, the last time they played with obvious passion, flair, pride and real mongrel.
Then other losses tumbled in, from post-bye last year; insipid losses to PA whose supporters must be joyous (I know how I'd feel if the situations were reversed --- glowing with schadenfreude). The rot or rust started growing in the weeks before the GF, really showing on the most important game-day for the Crows since 1998 when they blew it.
It's been downhill since. I'm guessing, but I reckon graphs of every KPI and scores since then would prove that.

Also this --- that we are most definitely the worst side this year and probably the worst for the last 19 rounds. Worse than the GCS, Carlton and other consistent, dispirited losers. This 2020 bizarro-version of the Crows is the worst side assembled, playing the worst football of any Crows team that I can remember, with the worst Administration and least effective Assistant Coaches too.
If that's not depressing enough, we're coached by an apparently-clueless rookie who appealed so strongly to Roo because everybody Roo spoke to loved Nicks. Top Bloke. The man everybody likes.
*stopping for a moment to rub my eyes and forehead*
Where is the improvement/redemption going to come from? Can anybody see it? From Nicks, who cannot see that playing Hamill on a wing to accommodate over-the-hill Mackay/Gibbs is a terrible non-plan? Cannot see that Godden has stuffed up our mids' combos and actual play, rendering our overworked defence under siege week-after-week? Cannot see that defending the man is totally ineffective and does not get the ball in Crows' hands, which is the starting point for all effective play?
Nicksy, please tell them to attack/get the ball, and if the other mob have the ball, get it off them. That was Blighty's starting point, and look what happened.

Where's the future --- in slightly-framed boys like Jones (Pick #9 ffs, and under-developed relative to his peers from that Draft) whom Nicks continues to play out of position? Or McAsey who looks like he's counting not the days but the minutes before he can leave? McHenry, who huffs'n'puffs but ain't blowing any AFL houses down? Strachan/Himmelberg, who are built like a preying mantis but play like overwhelmed schoolboys-versus-men?
As Sanders said much more succinctly than the above tired rant, WE SUCK, and the Crows' future sucks. Another poster (Peter J ) predicted maybe 5-8 years in the bottom-4 wilderness with some more wooden spoons to make a set that we can frame and display as the legacy of Chapman/Roo et al. With bone-aching and mind-numbing disappointment, I agree.
What a mess!

Last edited:

Overall a very passionate post and well said

This 2020 bizarro-version of the Crows is the worst side assembled, playing the worst football of any Crows team that I can remember, with the worst Administration and least effective Assistant Coaches too.
If that's not depressing enough, we're coached by an apparently-clueless rookie who appealed so strongly to Roo because everybody Roo spoke to loved Nicks. Top Bloke. The man everybody likes.
*stopping for a moment to rub my eyes and forehead*
Hard to argue our staff arent effective

the Crows' future sucks. Another poster predicted maybe 5-8 years in the bottom-4 wilderness with some more wooden spoons to make a set that we can frame and display as the legacy of Chapman/Roo et al. With bone-aching and mind-numbing disappointment, I agree.
What a mess!
It is a mess and the answer is pain - more pain

The 5 years is a median time period

Ironically the one thing we all want - a cleanout of everybody could put us back further.

Clean out the coaches - we have a group of players who need to re-learn new structures and philosophies - 12-24 months bedding in - and thats if they are all on the same page

Clean out admin - ie Fagan , Roo and Chapman , Smart and the revenge of Phil Harper is complete - this wont hurt as much as people think. Its the people you replace them with that matters more

Clean out players - yep fully on board with this. Deep deep cuts but this leaves us vulnerable to a group of players who have no coverage while learning/growing and puts us 24-36 months behind - and thats without good drafting and trading. We become Carlton and Melbourne in giving paychecks to mid tier scrubbers who fit an age profile.

Sure every now and then a Ben Keays comes along - but mostly they dont

Where is the improvement/redemption going to come from?

Time , money and pain

But most of all a strong Chairman who leads from the front and isnt afraid to upset those within.

Wonder what Kennett is doing

Laird, Seedsman and ROB had a crack.
McAdam is gonna be a gem.
Lynch needs to stay closer to home and impact the scoreboard
I'm happy Ben Keays is going well - seen a lot of Lions games up here and he never got a fair shake.

I agree you need to cash in on Crouch x 2 and Talia.

Try to get Hately back to SA.

Add some young SA talent and start again.

We'll give you Francis and Orazio.

But Roo and the board need to go FIRST.

This isn’t over anytime soon. At least another 3 drafts, then 50 - 100 games into them.

Could be looking at 5-8 years in the bottom 4.

I think we’re all coming around to understanding just how catastrophic the damage is.

Correct. If we stuff up the next 24 months - 2020 and 2021 drafts, combined with football department and admin changes - it could be a decade of pain. That's not an exaggeration.

As it currently sits - Nicks + skeleton coaches + tinkering at the edges of admin due to a toxic culture - I see us being Melbourne for the forseeable future.

The most important pick now isn't Pick 1. It's the Chairman.

Can anyone please answer why Fog was named emergency and spoke about playing Wednesday night - we lose Tex and then we throw Strachan in??

WTF

We have been woeful up forward so lets throw in a 1st gamer ruck

TANKING

We're not tanking. We're loading up our most experienced group, less Mackay, desperate for 4 points. The Tex thing is not tanking, turns it's pure incompetence.

We had visitors yesterday so I was very tired and taped the game instead

I'm gonna watch it now, may God have mercy on my soul

Nicks is a sh*t Hinkley

Shinkley?

A positive...

McAdam.

Even though he still looks short on confidence and missed some shots on goal you’d expect him to kick, he was dangerous enough to still contribute and he contributes something different to anyone else we have. He’s quick on the ground and good in the air.

Like I said, he still doesn’t look confident and I’m not sure he fully believes in himself yet, but is and will be a valuable member of the forward line. He is one to lock in moving forward.

McAdam & Fogarty - 2 pieces of a 6 piece puzzle?

He has got no senior players to support him and is being coached by Mick Godden. If you chuck Jones into a system like the Eagles right now it would be a very different story. He has absolutely no chance of succeeding if he doesn’t get senior players helping him.

What do you all want? What chance did Jones have of succeeding in a team where he sees senior players like Gibbs jogging to contests?

Nah, it isn't everyone else's fault. He's a nice boy from a nice family--no mongrel or will to win the contest there whatever.

A positive...

McAdam.

Even though he still looks short on confidence and missed some shots on goal you’d expect him to kick, he was dangerous enough to still contribute and he contributes something different to anyone else we have. He’s quick on the ground and good in the air.

Like I said, he still doesn’t look confident and I’m not sure he fully believes in himself yet, but is and will be a valuable member of the forward line. He is one to lock in moving forward.

McAdam & Fogarty - 2 pieces of a 6 piece puzzle?
Yep - liked his game yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks press conference speaks volumes
Keep patting guys on the bum telling them it'll be ok.
fu** that! There has to be repercussions for poor attitude and horrible performances.
He's an apologist. He needs to be authoritarian.
Make examples of softness.
I'm over this softly softly approach.

Nicks' only chance of surviving is if he ignores the boys club, and the sycophants in the football dept they have hired, and drives his own agenda. If they keep putting up roadblocks if I was him I would air my frustrations through the media. He should not expect any support from within. I'm surprised Riccutio hasn't started throwing him under the bus to take the focus away from his own disastrous decisions.

Nah, it isn't everyone else's fault. He's a nice boy from a nice family--no mongrel or will to win the contest there whatever.

Last 3 lines read in my head to Bohemian Rhapsody...

I was happy to defend selections when I thought it was simply Kelly for Doedee and Gibbs for Brouch, with both outgoing players injured. Bringing Atkins & Knight back as well was not only completely pointless, but it actively sabotaged a team which was starting to show positive signs. Hell, even Mackay's haters would have to admit that he was performing better than the tripe Knight & Atkins were shovelling today.

This was karma hitting the selectors and board members like a freight train. Dropping, or pretending to rest, young players, in order to bring in proven failed/cooked players, in order to chase a solitary win, was just plain disgusting. For it to explode in their faces, producing the team's worst result of the year, was poetic justice at its finest.

There was no excuse whatsoever for the selections of Knight & Atkins, even allowing for the upcoming flood of games. The club's selectors and board have sown the wind, and now they're reaping the whirlwind.

So well said. Unfortunately that selection effort is more of the same way we have rolled for as far back as the eye can see. Short.

You wish our current predicament was just about the lack of on field talent due to list regeneration. You could live with bottoming out provided the foundations and culture were still strong. Unfortunately, the woeful state of the list is the least of our problems.

Dont expect anything but fairybread and happy times - sure there will be ''brows furrowed in concern'' but thats a front

The brows will be furrowed in concern over getting more than 13,000 to attend a Wednesday night match after that shambles

Watch the media bombardment from the club

''happy happy place , fun times ''

Phrases you can expect to hear - take a drink for each one

' We expect certain standards'
' That was un-Adelaide like'
' Players have been warned'
'Its a real happy place still'
'Players are in this 100%'
'Expect us to come out firing'

WOW, just WOW.

Could write a page but wont, McAdam and ROB a candle in the Darkness.
If that doesn't answer some questions on some players nothing will, reset the rebuild, Red Stamp a handful of players "DO NOT PLAY EVER"

Break out the Schoenberg, Scholl and Worrrell, Bring back the FOG and never speak of this game again.

Nicks' only chance of surviving is if he ignores the boys club, and the sycophants in the football dept they have hired, and drives his own agenda. If they keep putting up roadblocks if I was him I would air my frustrations through the media. Don't expect any support from within.
I get the sentiment but he airs dirty laundry he ruins his career post AFC. He would never get a job at a football club again.
His saving grace this year is that everyone can see that he's got a preassembled team who are the most incompetent bunch of coaches/administration ever employed at the same time.
He needs freedom to make his own choices but that's not how AFC rolls. They're a money making corporate entity that exists for profit not premierships.

He has got no senior players to support him and is being coached by Mick Godden. If you chuck Jones into a system like the Eagles right now it would be a very different story. He has absolutely no chance of succeeding if he doesn’t get senior players helping him.

What do you all want? What chance did Jones have of succeeding in a team where he sees senior players like Gibbs jogging to contests?

Which he has always done. Jogging, that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back