Review Grose, Bullshite & Useless v Kangaroos 2020...

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
How are Schoenberg, Butts and Co. worse than that?
Can't play too many non-AFL fit players together at the same time ......they'll be seeded in over the next few weeks .....bookmark it

In particular, it's very obvious Schoenberg is like Jones and added a lot of weight ......not fit enough, and looks like stiffy coming back to PS

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I would chop my penis off if it meant Matt Crouch would never play again for us.

tenor.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Lets hope you are right.. if not, we’re f’ed for a while to come.
Of course I'm right ......why else would you bring Strachan in over Frampton

You could tell after 5 min that Strachan was out of his depth ......they're assessing the list in match conditions, trialing players in diff roles ......Laird, Stengle, even Seeds at HF

But effort ...yeah that you can and should criticize ....that was pathetic

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Nicks says 'I'm never going to get angry at a player' Jesus christ we have a softie in charge. Maybe he will cuddle them back to form.

We are in big strife.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't mind him not getting angry, we need cold and calculating not emotional response. Don't get angry just sit some of those players down and tell them like it is, "sorry but you are just not good enough"

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
We have to gift him games to allow him to work through this poor patch, playing in pointless scratch matches won’t do anything to improve his form. How is he meant to thrive when you’ve got Matt Crouch hesitating at the first centre clearance of the game? Talk about setting a poor tone, especially from someone in the leadership group.

No Tex, Sloane or Doedee had this side devoid of any real leadership today.
Spot on with this

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
In all fairness Nicks deserves at least one trade period, another preseason, a chance to get who he wants in the box and a year without Wuhan Virus restrictions before he can be judged..
He inherited a shocking list devoid of hunger, shocking coaches box and a poorly run club.
You make a fair point :thumbsu: .
I'll watch intently what he does regarding:
--- game plan/ structure/ any Plan B (something soon would be good), and
--- Assistant Coaches (keep in mind, Pyke did not assemble his own team or was not allowed to).
Nicks won't be able to act on your suggestions without treading on a few toes at all levels. From what I've seen he's a pleaser, an appeaser, with that history of being liked by all (see above posts) and lacks the toughness/mongrel needed for a rebuild.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
But lets look at the positives;
1. I liked seeing Laird in the middle, it's where he played B4 being recruited
2. Two weeks having Stengle for periods in the midfield ......IF he could get fit enough, elite in close qtrs & escaping stoppages.
3. McAsey, McPherson, Hamill, McAdam all positive additions
4. Have faith in Jones, Ned, and Milera .....they'll come good
Good post/advice.
1) I noticed Laird bobbing up, doing some good things, seemingly out of position, without realising he'd been moved, dopey me. I'd like to know who moved him, Godden or Nicks. I'd guess Nicks. Godden's structures have been crap.
2-4) am yet to be convinced about Stengle and McAdam, but prepared to be. Likewise Jones and McHenry. Jones has shown flashes of brilliance which make me hopeful.
Hamill too; he's got it, will be terrific rebounding defender when he improves his disposals.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Good post/advice.
1) I noticed Laird bobbing up, doing some good things, seemingly out of position, without realising he'd been moved, dopey me. I'd like to know who moved him, Godden or Nicks. I'd guess Nicks. Godden's structures have been crap.
2-4) am yet to be convinced about Stengle and McAdam, but prepared to be. Likewise Jones and McHenry. Jones has shown flashes of brilliance which make me hopeful.
Hamill too; he's got it, will be terrific rebounding defender when he improves his disposals.
Think this is the 2nd or 3rd game that Laird has spent periods of the game in the midfield ....generally in 2nd halves

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge & development to happen over another two seasons ......but add this Drafts expected haul to Fogarty, Hamill, Stengle, McAsey, Jones, Ned, and Milera :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

ROB will not be the class ruckman we need .....and both Crouches have to be traded, just don't think we'll get much ....certainly not Matt
Clubs are all chasing quick midfields ......not M.Crouch types

I know there have been lots of attacks on Laird lately, but I have to say there were a couple of the times I actually liked his play yesterday — when he was in the guts, and again when he was forward pocket. I think I’d prefer he play those positions than running and bombing off half back.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be fair neither would Hately or Caldwell.

I feel sorry for any kid coming into our system right now, there just isn't anything for them to work with.

You said earlier someone needed to pay for the list build, they absolutely do not just for building it, but the "all in one" destroying they did to it. Imagine we moved Jacobs, Douglas, Mackay and CEY in 2018, and then did what we did last year with the others. I mean Dave is still there !!

Instead we did it all in one season. That and the long contracts we are stuck with.

We then bone most of our development staff and left an out his depth midfield coach.

Hamish NEEDS to nail the next draft, he's probably never going to have a better hand. But he's probably the least of our concerns in that regard, whilst still being under the microscope.
Clark? Now he’s exactly what we need, apart from the fact he’s out injured presently.

Midfielder. Pace, work rate, finds the ball. Stellar opening season. What was he 11 or 12?

Huge miss.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where the hell have Fagan and even Kelly disappeared to over the last few weeks? Kelly hasn’t been heard from for over a month and I don’t remember hearing from Fagan all season.
Great point especially Kelly and what the hell Jackson doing as we paid lot of extra money to help the squad mentally.
Maybe Jackson could do some podcasts to offer us supporters some positive thinking and help.
Maybe we need Pavlich and Dunstan to do a review of the review or even better review of administration of club .
Seriously though hard to imagine .
1- a virus would bring the world to its knees

2 -- USA would elect Trump as president
I don't think we could. All of Hately, Butters and Caldwell were selected between our two picks
Do you are wrong Scorpus we could have picked one of Hately, Butters or Caldwell with our Jones pick and Duursma with Neds pick.
So problem solved except we didn't.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Clark? Now he’s exactly what we need, apart from the fact he’s out injured presently.

Midfielder. Pace, work rate, finds the ball. Stellar opening season. What was he 11 or 12?

Huge miss.
Again, an injury prone kid in our system would be destroyed. I reckon his teammate Constable was a miss albeit later in the another draft.

Mind you Jones was coming off a big season in U18#, AA vice captain and starting midfielder and polled well in the TFL medal IIRC. He's got pace, he was a ball hunting junior and used the footy we'll even last season

Totally understandable we picked him, but his last 4 weeks have been woeful

The Texan

Senior List
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You make a fair point :thumbsu: .
I'll watch intently what he does regarding:
--- game plan/ structure/ any Plan B (something soon would be good), and
--- Assistant Coaches (keep in mind, Pyke did not assemble his own team or was not allowed to).
Nicks won't be able to act on your suggestions without treading on a few toes at all levels. From what I've seen he's a pleaser, an appeaser, with that history of being liked by all (see above posts) and lacks the toughness/mongrel needed for a rebuild.

He needs to tread on toes, if he doesn’t, he’s not the right person..
Seriously, which player is going to respect of listen intently to what Mathew Wright has to say in his analysis of their game.. or Reilly for that matter...
I’m a bit with you in regard to him looking like a pleaser, but we don’t get to see all that happens and what is said...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We had visitors yesterday so I was very tired and taped the game instead

I'm gonna watch it now, may God have mercy on my soul

Shinkley?
At least you can fast forward it... as painful to watch live.

Yep - liked his game yesterday
Except his goal kicking.

Has talent, looked our most dangerous forward, so must persist with him for the remainder of the season.

Ditto Stengle, who we should continue to use in the midfield rotations to add some zip & build his tank.

Again, an injury prone kid in our system would be destroyed. I reckon his teammate Constable was a miss albeit later in the another draft.

Mind you Jones was coming off a big season in U18#, AA vice captain and starting midfielder and polled well in the TFL medal IIRC. He's got pace, he was a ball hunting junior and used the footy we'll even last season

Totally understandable we picked him, but his last 4 weeks have been woeful
Either rest him for the next game or unleash him... rather than killing his attacking flair by telling him to lock down on a player.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Except his goal kicking.

Has talent, looked our most dangerous forward, so must persist with him for the remainder of the season.

Ditto Stengle, who we should continue to use in the midfield rotations to add some zip & build his tank.

Exactly right, this is what we need, the positive signs. Who is doing what and where so that there’s something to build on.

McAdam looked good and will be even better with a decent forward line around him. He’s got a good overhead mark and 2.2 isn’t bad for a first year AFL player.

Stengle has real speed and evasiveness which seems more effective around the middle of the ground than up forward. You could even have him play that Charlie Cameron role of running off the back of the square, not allowed I know but have him on the back end of the wing hitting the contest at speed

Any rebuild needs to find the green shoots and nurture them, small though they may be

Back