Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t afford to carry another passenger. Don’t need another bloke getting 5 touches and not impacting the score board. Already have O’Brien for that
If you watched closely yesterday Windscreens was critical for a contest up forward. Its easy to criticise the near misses, spilled marks etc, but he works hard. Goal direct from his own tackle, set Impey up for his, and created the contest from which Wingard set up the sealer. These are 3 isolated examples - watch the game and you'll see his worth.

It's not all about stats. Natanui's game against Geelong tonight was a prime example.

He just came back from injury and performed ok. It would be strange to drop him now for Freo.

I’m not saying he is the future and cemented his spot in the side but to say he didn’t have impact on the scoreboard was factually incorrect. If he can perform like that at a minimum each week I’ll be pretty happy. It’s not like he is the next Franklin or Roughead, regardless of the number given to him.

You don’t have to like him but it’s ok to concede that he wasn’t poor yesterday. Each to their own I suppose.
He wasn’t poor but could of been better. That dropped mark could of been crucial lucky it didn’t bite us in the ass.

Yep he could have been better. I don’t see his almost moments disappearing any time soon though. He’d be a hell of a player if he took most of those grabs.
He would be so elite if he took most the marks he almost gets. Sadly don’t think it’ll ever happen :(

I want to see the same line up. I want us to play the same game plan. Forget tweaks or match ups. Just roll. And make the players hunt and kill their own food in the week leading up to match.
Hahaha..that's probably why I'm not a coach,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think after a game like that there needs to be some consistency at selection.
My view on a couple of players Wont change but I would think that either one of Jones for a second run to provide some midfield support and get Jags on the outside if possible, Moore with the endurance on a bigger ground and clean skills delivering inside 50, Finn just because I want to see him at Afl level against a s**t side where he can match up on just about anyone on the Freo list should come in and give Burgoyne the “managed” tag for this one.
I would like to see Burgoyne start to move into a coaching role as the season ends & give that position to the guys pressing for selection in 2021 a look in.

Look at what Day is doing for the side with his fresh energy. We need more of that.

If Clarko wants to push this side for wins and finals it needs to be with one foot on the other side of the fence with the likes of Stratts, Burgoyne, Poppy and Hendo (not impacting here any further) all but done at the end of the year.
Providing another young player with an opportunity against Freo is a no brainer.

He just came back from injury and performed ok. It would be strange to drop him now for Freo.

I’m not saying he is the future and cemented his spot in the side but to say he didn’t have impact on the scoreboard was factually incorrect. If he can perform like that at a minimum each week I’ll be pretty happy. It’s not like he is the next Franklin or Roughead, regardless of the number given to him.

You don’t have to like him but it’s ok to concede that he wasn’t poor yesterday. Each to their own I suppose.
For what it is worth, his true role in the team should it ever get back to full autopilot mode is third tall not the key tall that he is currently playing.
I haven't checked the tale of the tape but I'd say he is the same height as Gunston and nobody is going to tell you he is a typical/classic chf.

If Burgoyne is out, I’d like to see Moore get a run. Can play through the midfield and seems to be kicking goals in the scratches.

might as well see what we’ve got there before seasons end
Agree. Nash an option. Minch also.

Keen to see Patton again asap, was thinking an undermanned Freo defence may be good for his confidence.

I'd hope it was someone else for Shaun. Don't think Minchington into the side is advancing the Hawthorn cause much.

Nash or a younger player for mine.
2 games back at the level after how missed years, and we’ve made the final call on him already?

I don’t think so.

For what it is worth, his true role in the team should it ever get back to full autopilot mode is third tall not the key tall that he is currently playing.
I haven't checked the tale of the tape but I'd say he is the same height as Gunston and nobody is going to tell you he is a typical/classic chf.
It’s a fair point. He isn’t really a FF/CHF size. Height, yes but his overall body frame more or less is the third tall mould like Gunston. I’m still holding out for one of Patton/Lewis/Jeka to be able to contribute in that position for their size

Would love to see that group get another crack at it- were we to bring someone in I'd like to see Nash, Walker, Patton, or Jones. I think all of them offer us a heap and would be nifty inclusions if someone like Silk goes out.
We need to get some continuity going in for Patton- thinking back to the game on friday we would have had a field day with the confidence that was coming from Carlton's back six.

As bad as TOB is, he is still clearly a better performer this year than Lewis or Patton. Add in his relief ruckwork and I am not sure why anyone thinks he will be dropped. He won’t.

Also, Walker has hardly playet this year due to ankle issues, and Patton is at least another week away - you don’t bring a guy with his history back early.

Moore is the natural replacement for Burgoyne and is ready to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back