Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea that I've had for a while, which I'd implement if I was in charge.

Imagine if each year, the AFL forced each club to wear its training strip, just for one match, in the game which is that club's worst clash.

In addition to helping clash issues, it would place much-needed attention on the design of training jumpers, while driving sales, and introducing a touch more adventurousness with away colours, as in other sports.

It would be like every team doing the Port all teal (2002 v Collingwood) or Saints yellow crusader (2002 v Essendon), once a season.

Polish up designs like these and put them out on the field!

View attachment 920543 View attachment 920545 View attachment 920546 View attachment 920547

You could also use the colour chosen as a subtle tertiary merch colour for that season and change it every year.

what's that you say?

the eagles wearing the ochre as a training/third guernsey in 2021 you say?

Saw a prototype Lions jumper the other day with really dark colours, so I've mocked up a jumper with the same dark colours but with different collar and cuff colours.
lions 1.jpg

lions 2.jpg

lions 3.jpg

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here's my shitty shops of if the AFL mandated all clubs need 3 distinct uniforms, starting alphabetically with Adelaide and Brisbane.

oczaaQA.jpg

9xCD11M.jpg

Here's my shitty shops of if the AFL mandated all clubs need 3 distinct uniforms, starting alphabetically with Adelaide and Brisbane.

oczaaQA.jpg

9xCD11M.jpg

gee that red crows get up is f**king elite.

And here's the rest

TTU6xkJ.jpg
Love it, would love to see that Eagles set made up hahaha. Also personally I’d probably put Carlton in Orange to maximise the contrast with the navy but anything would work, that’s the beauty of their design is that it’s so universal that no matter the colours it’s still Carlton.
EDIT: nevermind, that pink is fantastic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we now turning the Power into the Magpies now? Pointless, the power and the identity is fine like it’s alright as a showdown or something but why make it the home and away?
No one wants to, nor have they ever wanted to change the identity to the Magpies. There is an undoubted clash with Collingwood’s nickname so that is completely understandable. The jumper however is unique from Collingwood’s entirely and does not need to be exclusively used with the Magpies name. Nothing stopping us from being called the Power and wearing the bars other than Collingwood (which they shouldn’t be able to stop us at all)

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
No one wants to, nor have they ever wanted to change the identity to the Magpies. There is an undoubted clash with Collingwood’s nickname so that is completely understandable.

May be unintentionally opening a can of worms here but I saw this today, which I found interesting:

canofworms.png

May be unintentionally opening a can of worms here but I saw this today, which I found interesting:

View attachment 926826
I mean it's a tough one. I'm assuming this beanie is only available at the Port Store in Alberton where I don't think people will be looking for Collingwood beanies or merchandise, so it's not exactly causing lost revenue for Collingwood. I feel that those who need to know, already know that our reserves side is called the Magpies in a different competition so it wouldn't exactly be fair for Eddie/Collingwood to dictate SANFL merchandise, otherwise Richmond would have a field day with Glenelg. Furthermore, it's not like it would be mistaken for Collingwood by anyone who is relevant in the situation. Those who don't know/don't care about the Power/Magpies situation are either not going to buy merchandise or are too young to own a debit card. Just my take.

So are we now turning the Power into the Magpies now? Pointless, the power and the identity is fine like it’s alright as a showdown or something but why make it the home and away?
I dont know if you know how things work on FJGD, but I wouldn't ask questions like this unless you like novels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back