Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strict curfew from 8pm every night yet supermarkets can remain open after 8pm, is Sir Humphrey Appleby advising Andrews?
I think we will see announcements from Coles, Woolworths, Aldi etc soon saying they are all closing at 8pm. I assume petrol stations etc will be allowed to remain open 24/7 for essential workers

I think we will see announcements from Coles, Woolworths, Aldi etc soon saying they are all closing at 8pm. I assume petrol stations etc will be allowed to remain open 24/7 for essential workers
So it is no more than a Claytons curfew. All retail should be closed during the curfew.

Nah they were returned travellers, wa/sa had no cases because you didn't take travellers.

The blame for this is entirely on hotel quarantine
No i was talking about the clusters of local transmissions you had in april / may - there were weeks where you had more local transmissions than wa or sa had put together in the entire covid timeline - now of course you have more covid cases daily than weve had period.

Strict curfew from 8pm every night yet supermarkets can remain open after 8pm, is Sir Humphrey Appleby advising Andrews?

The supermarkets may be closed to public at 8pm, but will need some time to stock up their shops.

Still nothing on construction

Nothing on workplaces at all until Monday, hopefully we get a reasonable amount of time to make arrangements.

Personally i've been pretty much complying with the new stage 4 restrictions anyway. Sometimes i took a kid to the shops with me to help choose what stuff they wanted, but not hard to stop that.

Since i've been working most of the time , if i go to shops, its been on the way rather than close to home. Now ( if i remain working , i will be driving past several shops, then
F*@% Under the new regs, the only Aldi store i can visit is at bloody fountain gate shopping centre. (4.8km) I've managed to avoid that place for months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing on workplaces at all until Monday, hopefully we get a reasonable amount of time to make arrangements.

Personally i've been pretty much complying with the new stage 4 restrictions anyway. Sometimes i took a kid to the shops with me to help choose what stuff they wanted, but not hard to stop that.

Since i've been working most of the time , if i go to shops, its been on the way rather than close to home. Now ( if i remain working , i will be driving past several shops, then
F*@% Under the new regs, the only Aldi store i can visit is at bloody fountain gate shopping centre. (4.8km) I've managed to avoid that place for months.
yer I’m a concreter and would like to know so can arrange things

not sure why tomorrow

yep, declares a State of Disaster, strict curfew then leaves it up to individual businesses to decide if they want to stay open during the curfew.
Monty Python couldn't script this better
Give it a rest. Andrews gets criticised for being too controlling, then criticised for not being controlling enough. I work shitwork and occasionally am required to work extra hours unexpectedly. If I can buy something to eat on the way home after 8pm I'd be grateful.

Some people just have nothing better to do than whinge. Sheesh, people are dying, and many others are losing their livelihood, yet you're worried about supermarkets opening after 8pm.

Give it a rest. Andrews gets criticised for being too controlling, then criticised for not being controlling enough. I work shitwork and occasionally am required to work extra hours unexpectedly. If I can buy something to eat on the way home after 8pm I'd be grateful.

Some people just have nothing better to do than whinge. Sheesh, people are dying, and many others are losing their livelihood, yet you're worried about supermarkets opening after 8pm.
Way to miss the point.

Closing the supermarkets won't stop the people who already got it in the Aged Care system from dying. Probably still hundreds coming up.

Perhaps its not that he's being controlling, its that he gets anal about controlling the wrong things , while he lets other things slide.

Lazy approach to meat works outbreak. Lazy approach to Hotel Security.
****WTF ....SOMEONE IS ENJOYING WALKING ON THE BEACH *****

Closing the supermarkets won't stop the people who already got it in the Aged Care system from dying. Probably still hundreds coming up.

Perhaps its not that he's being controlling, its that he gets anal about controlling the wrong things , while he lets other things slide.

Lazy approach to meat works outbreak. Lazy approach to Hotel Security.
****WTF ....SOMEONE IS ENJOYING WALKING ON THE BEACH *****
he is being advised by an entire team, he's not just pulling individual decisions out of his arse. In retrospect, some of those actions werent as effective as required. But that criticism is for another time. Right now we need everyone on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back