Autopsy Swans lose to Saints, Round 9 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly he still hasn't been playing purely forward.

Second, he does mark and kick goals as Made highlighted, he also provides forward pressure, provides a link up the ground and defensive relief.

You keep framing the argument in a way that suits you, rather than what most people are arguing which is that he isn't a star, but provides value to the team.

For someone in Reid's role, which is still as a utility, what's your benchmark, what do you want to see from him?

Everyone frames their arguement to suit them, you just have yourself by saying he is not a key forward but a utility, you just agree with the people who speak positively about him

So Reid is not our key forward? then at this stage of his career that is not good enough,and if he is the key forwardI expect him to perform and take on that role, I.e take that kick for goal at the cruicial stage, which he can actually kick, not pass to dawson

I dont see him as a utility, you do.

You are clearly a smart footballer watcher, what should the expectation from him be? should i expect him to take more marks than Papley per game? should his stats be above Roughead? do I have to observe everyone elses performance and presume Reid affects that?

For what its worth I think he is a super talented player, I would accept my criticism is too often for some, thats a fair arguement, but I think he is held by some to a significantly lower standard, than other players at the same club and league wide.

I tell you what I expect, him to out perform Papley in marks per game over their careers, him to kick more goals, stop dropping marks and to out perform say Roughead 2019 statistically. I also expect him to average the most goals per game at the club

Id also like to not go down the endless Reid discussion thread, though I engaged first, but I am quite positive mostly about yesterday

Every statistic known to man has him as worst on ground and a total of 3 effective disposals for the game. He was ******* useless and unsighted for a majority of the game. Suggest I'm a dickhead all you like, he isn't deserving of a game at the moment and anyone suggesting otherwise needs to take their rose coloured glasses off.

And take the Dick off their shoulders. You know people have NFI when based on yesterday's game you have people calling for Bell's omission for next week and Blakey not mentioned. He has ability nothing more. He is so far from being an AFL Player at the moment it is ridiculous.

I reckon that Preuss would be gettable. We have raided Melbourne's ruck stocks before. With Jackson getting games, Preuss will only ever play senior footy if Gawn cops an injury.
Preuss is really not an answer imo. Doesn't seem to have the tank to be a #1 ruck, and we're already chock full of 2nd rucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, he is a second year key forward, and key forwards usually don't start showing anything until 23. The second year is also traditionally the hardest year for any player. There is almost always a drop off between a players first and second year.
Well ATM he looks like a dud but can change

Again, he is a second year key forward, and key forwards usually don't start showing anything until 23. The second year is also traditionally the hardest year for any player. There is almost always a drop off between a players first and second year.

No one is saying Blakey isn't allowed to struggle and have patches of bad form. It's pretty natural for any developing player, especially a tall.

But to not drop someone who is clearly struggling and is a liability to the team is just plain wrong.

He has more marks per game than Papley over their careers?

Meant than Papley is this year

I haven’t looked after yesterday
Embarrassing sorry , but I saw the other day reid averages just over 4 a game and Papley is close to 5 for the year, isn’t far off for his career

that surprised me

No one is saying Blakey isn't allowed to struggle and have patches of bad form. It's pretty natural for any developing player, especially a tall.

But to not drop someone who is clearly struggling and is a liability to the team is just plain wrong.

Be consistent , others get dropped playing better footy

mcinnerney for example

Remove this Banner Ad

Back