Autopsy Swans lose to Saints, Round 9 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Rampe’s kicking was sensational last night , especially with a broken hand. He was really trying launch from defensive 50 and hit the target every time. This guy doesn’t get enough love.

He is an all time player for our club
He is but I still have him just behind this fellow who's type we dearly miss.
1596354836753.png

Clarko influence :mad:

If I were cynical I would suggest its an attempt to put Papley off/reduce trade value and help a vic side nab him

But my tin foil hat is in the cupboard

Im totally fine with that game, we had a go, young players had a run and we were beaten by a better side. Ling showed good foot skills. Hayward when at HBF delivered well. Mcartin showed signs too, as did Elijah. Pretty positive, we'll just keep building. Id like to see stephens and warner in too though.

Im totally fine with that game, we had a go, young players had a run and we were beaten by a better side. Ling showed good foot skills. Hayward when at HBF delivered well. Mcartin showed signs too, as did Elijah. Pretty positive, we'll just keep building. Id like to see stephens and warner in too though.

wonder how we will manage some young guys off a break

maybe Stephens was part of that, will play thursday and even a taylor or ling takes a management break, though we do have a bye soon

He is a second year key forward. What were you honestly expecting?
To kick a goal from 20m out

To be dropped if he is out of form

Most of it comes down to confidence imo, he only gets maybe 2 shots a game to score, and maybe 10 to dispose of the ball in a meaningful way.
In seconds/reserves he gets 5 shots at goal and 20 chances to impact a game, gets confidence infront of the sticks and trusts his ability.

It's more anger at the team letting him play than blakey playing.

And yet it's considered madness to think blokes who have an actual crack and have had to actually work on their craft and earn a look in like Wicks, McLean and Foot should get a go.
The issue I have with picking those guys is that they’ve been in the NEAFL side for a while & really haven’t shown enough to be considered “standouts” in a pretty ordinary side.

Remember, our NEAFL team gets routinely belted by GWS. It’s not packed with AFL-ready talent.

I don’t think Wicks, Foot or McLean are any better than the blokes getting picked now.

The issue I have with picking those guys is that they’ve been in the NEAFL side for a while & really haven’t shown enough to be considered “standouts” in a pretty ordinary side.

Remember, our NEAFL team gets routinely belted by GWS. It’s not packed with AFL-ready talent.

I don’t think Wicks, Foot or McLean are any better than the blokes getting picked now.

McLean has shown he can be an asset at senior level. If this is a developing year, he should be playing. Blakey shouldn't be the only tall afforded endless opportunities.

As for Wicks and Foot, I'd encourage you to go back and watch some of their NEAFL games last year. Not only did they have some starring performances, but they are also far more familiar with what is required to run out full length matches and work hard all game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rampe would've got a larger fine if he was caught holding his phone while driving. If he could hold a phone that is....

Jake Carlisle, St Kilda, has been charged with Misconduct against Dane Rampe, Sydney Swans, during the third quarter of the Round Nine match between St Kilda and the Sydney Swans, played at the Gabba on Saturday August 1.

In summary he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Misconduct. The incident was classified as a $750 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Rampe would've got a larger fine if he was caught holding his phone while driving. If he could hold a phone that is....

Jake Carlisle, St Kilda, has been charged with Misconduct against Dane Rampe, Sydney Swans, during the third quarter of the Round Nine match between St Kilda and the Sydney Swans, played at the Gabba on Saturday August 1.

In summary he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Misconduct. The incident was classified as a $750 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.
Oh well.
Rampe is still a star & Carlisle has $500 less to spend on Coke!

If McLean can play full games and week after week, I see no reason why he doesn't play infront of Reid. Yes Reid is a good mark and better on a wing but think McLean has more upside.

And I would consider myself a Reid fan

McLean has shown he can be an asset at senior level. If this is a developing year, he should be playing. Blakey shouldn't be the only tall afforded endless opportunities.

As for Wicks and Foot, I'd encourage you to go back and watch some of their NEAFL games last year. Not only did they have some starring performances, but they are also far more familiar with what is required to run out full length matches and work hard all game.
Yeah, I did watch some NEAFL - and both Wicks and Foot do work hard (no argument there).

But I dont think either screamed “pick me” in the seniors.

Having said that, neither did Ling - so I guess you do have to reserve judgement a bit until they get a game (although Ling was a high draft pick and was highly regarded in the U/18s).

I just don’t feel like our path forward lies with the NEAFL guys, McLean and Knoll being the possible exceptions.

Having said all of that, I wouldn’t object if they got a run ahead of Gray, Taylor or Blakey - to at least give them an opportunity to show what they can do ahead of the season end list cull.

One thing I do know - seeing Thurlow listed as an emergency worries me. He has had enough chances.

Yeah, I did watch some NEAFL - and both Wicks and Foot do work hard (no argument there).

But I dont think either screamed “pick me” in the seniors.

Having said that, neither did Ling - so I guess you do have to reserve judgement a bit until they get a game (although Ling was a high draft pick and was highly regarded in the U/18s).

I just don’t feel like our path forward lies with the NEAFL guys, McLean and Knoll being the possible exceptions.

Having said all of that, I wouldn’t object if they got a run ahead of Gray, Taylor or Blakey - to at least give them an opportunity to show what they can do ahead of the season end list cull.

One thing I do know - seeing Thurlow listed as an emergency worries me. He has had enough chances.

Bell, Ling, Stoddart, Stephens, Warner, Elijah, Blakey, Reid, Gray, Taylor... all blokes who have got games for us this year with less of a case than Wicks and Foot have.

Bell, Ling, Stoddart, Stephens, Warner, Elijah, Blakey, Reid, Gray, Taylor... all blokes who have got games for us this year with less of a case than Wicks and Foot have.
We’ll just have to disagree for now - but I’ll owe you a beer if they get a game & perform well at AFL level!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back