Autopsy Rounds 9 - 12 Rolling Thread: Things I Liked, Learnt, Hated

What do you think of the 20 day non stop AFL games?

• I love it and am glad to have something to focus on every day.

Votes: 32 43.8%
  • It’s ok but I’m worried my team will be burnt out.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I’m only watching my own teams games.

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • I like having footy on every day but am concerned about the eventual toll with injuries.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • My team is very disadvantaged with travel yet some teams have home hubs which is unfair.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • This will truly show which teams have depth and mental strength

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I like having footy to watch but I can’t take this season seriously, it will always be tainted

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I hate it, cancel the season it’s a farce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do as many Liked, Learnt, Hated as you like over the 20 day rolling footy extravaganza

26FA9395-B440-4697-BA1B-F02CCF2E6A97.gif

So far
Liked - Brisbane’s playing style, I really hope the Eagles get a game against them in finals
Learnt - Melbourne are back to square one
Hated - The umpiring, no idea what the AFL are trying to achieve here.
Also hated the arrogant selfish fools who just don’t get the whole season is on a knifes edge and many thousands of jobs are at risk...as well as one of the few things a lot of people have to bring them some entertainment and relief. Don’t just fine them, send them home and make them lockdown. Unbelievable.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Learnt
Commentato teams sans BT, Draine and the Multi Orgasmic One are pretty good.

The variables that lead to success in a given year are many, this year, very very many. Thus the bottleneck of contenders. It's good for the game.

Still Hate
Gambling ads. How can Whately the Pure One just let this slide on SEN. Tosspit. Brownless and Brown selling their souls with stupid grins on their faces.

Liked
One plus side of COVID is that it will force the hand of the AFL to play the GF elsewhere. A step in the right direction.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Liked: Mitch Georgiadis, great start to an AFL career.
Learnt: My team is on top because of an easier run of opponents, partly offset by a brutal travel schedule so far. Need to win 2 of the next 3 (Bulldogs Richmond Geelong) to be to a genuine contender.
Hated: Not the umpiring strictly, but the continuing increased emphasis on rewarding tackling and making it harder for the ball winner.
Also hated NAB more than money ads, of course theyre about debt as well.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Liked: Majak. Brisbane look like the real deal.

Learnt: Lachie Neale might actually be one of the best players in the game. Thought he was a bit of a high possession/low damage player but he kicks goals and gets the footy every week and would be a worthy Brownlow winner.

Hated: Goal kicking. I think I’ve counted seven missed set shots this weekend from 15-25m out straight in front. Not on a 30 or 45 degree angle, genuinely straight in front. It’s an absolute embarrassment for a supposedly professional sport.

Liked: Port are the best defensive team in the competition this year.

Learn’t: Optus Stadium feels like playing at the MCG in a way. At least as far as Hawthorn are concerned. 3-0 at that venue.

Hated: The standard of umpiring this year
is the worst I’ve ever seen.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Re-learnt:
Cats like a good cough and choke.

Liked:
Kennedy and Taylor having a good chat and laugh during a tense game, keeping it all real and in perspective.

Hated:
Long waits between each goal. Ruck nomination.

andon

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Liked the North win, Majaks big smile...welcome back, and the Saints getting another great win.

hated more unblanced free kick counts.

Learned Saints can maketop 4, Essendon toast, and Pies miss De Gooey

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Liked the North win, Majaks big smile...welcome back, and the Saints getting another great win.

hated more unblanced free kick counts.

Learned Saints can maketop 4, Essendon toast, and Pies miss De Gooey
You think they should always be even?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Liked: Port are the best defensive team in the competition this year.

Learn’t: Optus Stadium feels like playing at the MCG in a way. At least as far as Hawthorn are concerned. 3-0 at that venue.

Hated: The standard of umpiring this year
is the worst I’ve ever seen.
Double edged sword - now we arent so scared of the g but.....

Liked. Saints Lions and Power brand of footy.

Learnt. Bombers are cactus

Loathed. Umpiring heads need a real belting as the rules and interpretation requirements of 2020 need to be reverted back to 2018 or 2019 levels.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Hated: Commentators essentially condemning a reported player to be suspended on a marginal call.
Learned: That those same commentators should be shown up for their bias and hypocrisy when doing so.

Delediodamage

Debutant
Nov 16, 2010
Bendigo
AFL Club
Richmond
Liked: Richmond have six rookies and all played in the big win over the Bulldogs, never really noticed that before.

Learnt: Tennis is a very expensive sport for some.

Hated: The feeling of desperation that accompanies the orgasm of football.

Try 11

Castagna
Lambert
Aarts
Pickett
Stack
Short
Baker
Eggmolesse
Grimes
Soldo
Chol

*Broad while technically not a rookie, I believe he was overlooked a few times before being drafted at pick 60ish at 22 years of age

The point is high draft picks are extremely over-rated most of the time. A clubs player development is what matters.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Try 11

Castagna
Lambert
Aarts
Pickett
Stack
Short
Baker
Eggmolesse
Grimes
Soldo
Chol

*Broad while technically not a rookie, I believe he was overlooked a few times before being drafted at pick 60ish at 22 years of age

The point is high draft picks are extremely over-rated most of the time. A clubs player development is what matters.
You played your whole rookie list as it is currently (6 x Players) and had a big win, i applaud you heartily, but that is not an
invitation for self congratulation or ego stroking.

Delediodamage

Debutant
Nov 16, 2010
Bendigo
AFL Club
Richmond
You played your whole rookie list as it is currently (6 x Players) and had a big win, i applaud you heartily, but that is not an
invitation for self congratulation or ego stroking.

Ahh that's what you meant. Apologies, I thought the point of you post was highlighting the amount of players in the team came off the rookie list. I mis-read it, this is why I shouldn't post while I'm working. FYI - I too didn't notice that the current 6 rookies on the list played, so thanks for that. But I have no idea why you would applaud me, just to clarify I'm a member only. I don't work at the club in any capacity so my ego remains well in check.

Liked - having something to talk about and think about every day, even if some games are awful.
Learnt - Some teams are treating the hubs like it’s ‘schoolies’
Hated - Seeing the Crows so broken, they were once a strong and successful club.

Greenac

All Australian
Apr 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
learnt Neal-Bullen is so salty about his own failed career that he is intent on trying to assassinate future Brownlow and Norm Smith medallists.

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
Liked - the WC/Geelong game . Finals like tension
Learned - Freo have a future gun in Caleb Serong
Hated - umpires ..... two hands in the back during a marking contest is a free, holding the jumper is during a marking contest is a free ..... being arm locked tackled as you are picking up the ball is not prior opportunity and is not a free kick

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ahh that's what you meant. Apologies, I thought the point of you post was highlighting the amount of players in the team came off the rookie list.
Yeah, i have never really noticed it that much and you would think it would lead to defeat, but a big victory is impressive and well
worthy of applause. Most rookie lists have multiple project players so when a team can play all six and thrive then i will happily
tip my hat too them.

Back