Preview Round 11, 2020: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 10 August 2020, 8.40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see Monkhurst on the bench again.
Was wondering if he had been in Sydney. Is he the real mastermind? Or does he steal all the lollies so the team keeps their hunger?

OUT: Burgoyne if injured, Scully i would omit
IN: theres plenty of talent we have yet to have a good look at, Walker, Greaves or Maginness could easily get opportunities

In. Patton
Out. McEvoy ( managed)

I don’t think this will happen. However, I was looking at McEvoy at a few centre bounces and thinking how old and rugged he is starting to look. He also still had a smoldering look in his eyes and was completely up for the contest, so I doubt he’s going out.

OUT: Burgoyne if injured, Scully i would omit
IN: theres plenty of talent we have yet to have a good look at, Walker, Greaves or Maginness could easily get opportunities

Scully had his best game for a while in the wider spaces of Optus. With Henderson injured, the Hawks won't be dropping Scully any time soon.

If there is any change because of someone being managed I like to see Nash play if he is fit. At the end of last season he was really showing definite improvement in all areas of his game. Clarko would be keen to get him back into the side as soon as possible.

Confident because we play wider grounds aka Optus Stadium and MCG really well generally.

TOB stays despite his frustrating dropped marks.

Honestly don't think bringing Patton or Lewis into the team makes us better. Keep a smaller, faster lineup.

Burgoyne extremely likely to be managed which opens to door up for either Minch/Morris probably. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see cousins/jones get another gig either.

Confident because we play wider grounds aka Optus Stadium and MCG really well generally.

TOB stays despite his frustrating dropped marks.

Honestly don't think bringing Patton or Lewis into the team makes us better. Keep a smaller, faster lineup.

Burgoyne extremely likely to be managed which opens to door up for either Minch/Morris probably. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see cousins/jones get another gig either.

Lewis we saw at the back end of last year makes the team better. Unfortunately we may have to wait until next year for him to find that form again (I hope)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo only kicked 1 goal last week against Geelong. We’ll win. They are a young team with energy so it won’t be easy but we should go in confident.

Just checked the replays to confirm my details.

By 3 quarter time, he had a slight swelling already. After the hit in the 4th is when it ballooned up to Abasi's screenshots within about 10-15 seconds. If it is just swelling, then he should be right to play especially as we don't have a game next week.

I'll also add that the commentators didn't say it was soft or should have been holding the ball, they said it was lucky. However, their reaction pretty much said the former.
It’s technically a bye for us but our game is on Monday which is in 8 days time so it not really a proper bye. We really just have and extra couple of days off on our normal break.

It’s technically a bye for us but our game is on Monday which is in 8 days time so it not really a proper bye. We really just have and extra couple of days off on our normal break.
Ohh you are right - my apologies. 8 days is still a bit of a break but not a two week break. Hopefully it is enough time for him to recover (and anyone else who is sore). I’d like us to go in unchanged against Freo.

Some people have forgotten that Lewis' form last season was on the back on a very long pre-season.
You could say he had two pre-seasons last year because he went straight from the end of season into the gym, and then into the proper pre-season program after that.

This summer he had a shoulder RECONSTRUCTION.
That meant he was fighting to reach a healthy baseline rather than build on his previous work.
For a tall and lean guy (big frame, but not yet filled in), he is at a big disadvantage.

You will recall that he was among the top contested marking forwards in the latter part of last season.
You just can't do that if you don't have the gym work to back you up. Seasons KPD are solid rocks and just push you around.

This season is going to be a mixed bag for Lewis.
He hasn't lost his ability.
He will be back and he will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back