Autopsy Freo 61 - 49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Defensive kick. If the opposition get it, it is very hard to get to the open side of the ground.
I get that, better than a long kick to an intercept marker.

I just think that sometimes if you are in range then tried to kick a goal.

Different game but I think it applies to football. We you drive the basketball to the ring/keyway you look to score. If the defense defend you, you pass to the open team mate.

Big ups to Watson aswell. Still lightly framed but great size and boy can also play. Reminded of Tom Stewart just a cool head.

Combined with Cerra Brayshaw Frederick, a 12 year ruckman in darcy and guys not playing henry young valente etc youre really setup for the future.

Thanks mate, I've liked him for a while.
He's one of those no nonsense defenders, and Tom Stewart is a very good player

* I love Crowden on the end of a forward handpass. The close up shot of him after his intercept goal where it faded to the full moon, thought we had werewolf-crowden.

When he gets the ball and is moving forward we score. 2 goals from 4 shots and 2 goals assists, definition of an impact player.

Serong, wins hard ball, wins clearance, our best handballer. Elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those who watched Bewley a bit more closely than me, he did 13.5kms today the most for us.

Where is he running? Is it effective?

He is playing the "Michael Barlow HF" position and running hard to fill the spaces and make it hard to get the ball out. Between him and Fredericks they did a lot of work off the ball and contributed a heap to that weird off the chart pressure chart that we had this evening. I have never been that convinced about Bewley's long term AFL future but another thing I will say is that when eventually does get the ball he normally pretty good with his disposal.

Matera looks like he goes through the motions of getting to position, unfortunately we seem to kick to him on the lead like he is a foot taller with a leap.

He makes good choices when he has the ball though, I think we are still missing a tall forward from our structure.

Great effort at the ball.

After that Schultz goal the crowd and the team lifted like they knew they had a sniff, the crowd wanted it and rewarded the in field effort with some seriously loud 19th man work.

He is playing the "Michael Barlow HF" position and running hard to fill the spaces and make it hard to get the ball out. Between him and Fredericks they did a lot of work off the ball and contributed a heap to that weird off the chart pressure chart that we had this evening. I have never been that convinced about Bewley's long term AFL future but another thing I will say is that when eventually does get the ball he normally pretty good with his disposal.

Interesting. I was at the game and hence didn't see any graphics from TV coverage. Can barely remember us making an opposition look so panicked/rushed with almost every kick. I'd have to go back to 2013 prelim.

I've seen one person mention it already, and I wholeheartedly agree - Adam Cerra is just pure class with ball in hand. His decision making and disposal reminds me of a certain player that Collingwood so desperately lacked tonight!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back