Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
My fam thinks what is wrong with me lol....gone fully mid life crisis.

Got my net...got my swing aid...got my launch monitor...

They are going to look outside to where my net sits and there will be a hole....3m by 3m by 100mm deep. I cubic metre of washed sand delivered...and 9m of Santa Anna couch will be ordered, laid and my turf hitting area will be cherry ripe by late spring. LMAO.

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Approach wedge I get, but D? I just can't think what it is - someone will enlighten me I am sure
DUAL WEDGE. A high-lofted club used for precision shots to the green. In a set of irons with graduated lofts, the dual wedge would be considered one club shorter than a pitching wedge and one club longer than a sand wedge

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
They are going to look outside to where my net sits and there will be a hole....3m by 3m by 100mm deep. I cubic metre of washed sand delivered...and 9m of Santa Anna couch will be ordered, laid and my turf hitting area will be cherry ripe by late spring. LMAO.
Great effort. Have always wanted to do this.

Try to keep it for short game only. If your technique is correct with using the bounce you should never take a divot!

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Great effort. Have always wanted to do this.

Try to keep it for short game only. If your technique is correct with using the bounce you should never take a divot!
I doubt very much I will be disciplined enough to just leave it for short game....What I will do though...the net sits quite close to the edge of a pond, so the grass that is closest to the net will be for chipping and pitch as I wont be able to hit full swings in there anyway!

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
You've got to love golf marketing don't you?

Wow, a tour proven beanie!!! This is what's been missing from my game, I've been wearing non-tour head apparel like a sucker!

1596686851829.png

You've got to love golf marketing don't you?

Wow, a tour proven beanie!!! This is what's been missing from my game, I've been wearing non-tour head apparel like a sucker!

View attachment 928737
Mind you GCO have some insane specials

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Mind you GCO have some insane specials
Yeh every now and then they have some ripper deals on certain products, their peripherals and accessories deals are the best you'll find. I wouldn't say their club deals are that amazing though particularly as they are selling previous model stock from the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh every now and then they have some ripper deals on certain products, their peripherals and accessories deals are the best you'll find. I wouldn't say their club deals are that amazing though particularly as they are selling previous model stock from the last few years.
Tbh most people shopping at gco for clubs couldn't tell the difference between a 2018 iron v a 2020 iron

Also consider hitting up your golf club for golf clubs. From my experience/questioning, golf clubs are excellent at doing deals on golf clubs.

* i can only speak from talking to peeps at the club i play at
Drummond will beat any quote as a Drummond member

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
I have always believed it is not always about the best price within reason....service and just liking the person you are dealing with goes a long way with me. I also like dealing with people...not so much online.
I'm a bit of a leftie economist and try to keep my money as local as possible. Definitely try and support the pro shop/Drummond before online shopping.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I have always believed it is not always about the best price within reason....service and just liking the person you are dealing with goes a long way with me. I also like dealing with people...not so much online.
I won’t shop with The House Of Golf because their clubs are 10% dearer than Drummond or Golf World. The main reason I shop with Golf Box isn’t price but speed of delivery. Being left handed I’ve found that my local stores such as the Pro Shop and Golf World aren’t really interested.

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I won’t shop with The House Of Golf because their clubs are 10% dearer than Drummond or Golf World. The main reason I shop with Golf Box isn’t price but speed of delivery. Being left handed I’ve found that my local stores such as the Pro Shop and Golf World aren’t really interested.
Yeah well..Like I said...and will say again, stand on the correct side of the ball. Whats your bank account details again? :laughing:

Back