Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. SYDNEY - Gabba, Thur 06/08 @ 5:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
But we need to see if he has any fight in him to hold his position in the side. If he gives us zero, then a red line through him for the rest of the year and papers stamped at season's end. Don't hold onto deadwood.
No, we don’t need to see, we’ve seen enough.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Bucks says Freo were hungrier to win it, that's why we lost.....yep blame the players, not the game plan or the effort taken to play such a defensive game plan.
So we look like playing the exact same sh1t against Sydney....

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Out: Mayne
In: Roughead

Move Moore up forward, Roughead down back and Daicos and WHE can take Mayne’s wing time.

The one rare thing that is working for us, I would be so reluctant for that to change.

In any case, I don’t see how Moore moving forward would change the way we enter our 50.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the comments that I've seen online about Keane are really harsh and almost downright mean, like saying he should never play again.

He's a 20 year old kid play key position in a game he didn't grow up playing. If we can stick with an American key position player who didn't start playing until he was like 24 for 60-odd games, we can have some patience with Keane.

And the comments tonight from Tony Shaw about how Roughead shouldn't have been dropped for Keane also don't hit the mark for mine. He was talking as if Freo's key forwards were something to write home about like Riewoldt/Lynch or Kennedy/Darling. Roughead has looked so flat and disinterested for some time now, and with the fixture squeeze and his age and his personal circumstances it makes sense to rest him for a bit. Shaw will always be a legend of the club but I'm not going to stand by and listen to the coach who took us to our last wooden spoon give us lectures on selection decisions.

We did a lot of things wrong tonight but the selection of Keane wasn't one of them.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
is Ed going to come out and say what a disgraceful effort that was tonight?
Stick a rocket up Bucks and the players, and if not, why not?? As a paying member, l want to see it, considering a team 15th on the ladder just beat us!!!

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
The one rare thing that is working for us, I would be so reluctant for that to change.

In any case, I don’t see how Moore moving forward would change the way we enter our 50.

Moore demands the football and competes well in the air, would give the rest of our players confidence to kick it long and quick knowing it won’t be he won’t be outmarked.

Also Mayne not playing on the wing also helps our transition.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
I think the comments that I've seen online about Keane are really harsh and almost downright mean, like saying he should never play again.

He's a 20 year old kid play key position in a game he didn't grow up playing. If we can stick with an American key position player who didn't start playing until he was like 24 for 60-odd games, we can have some patience with Keane.

And the comments tonight from Tony Shaw about how Roughead shouldn't have been dropped for Keane also don't hit the mark for mine. He was talking as if Freo's key forwards were something to write home about like Riewoldt/Lynch or Kennedy/Darling. Roughead has looked so flat and disinterested for some time now, and with the fixture squeeze and his age and his personal circumstances it makes sense to rest him for a bit. Shaw will always be a legend of the club but I'm not going to stand by and listen to the coach who took us to our last wooden spoon give us lectures on selection decisions.

We did a lot of things wrong tonight but the selection of Keane wasn't one of them.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The guy was destroyed tonight by the club. To play him key back, was a joke, and Buckley should take responsibility for that and apologise to him for giving him such a ridiculous task with no senior experienced key back helping him, like a Roughy or Dunn.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Moore demands the football and competes well in the air, would give the rest of our players confidence to kick it long and quick knowing it won’t be he won’t be outmarked.

Mayne out of the side, or play him as a tagger

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
On second thoughts Mayne and Phillips need to be dropped as well.They’ve given us nothing all year,and their slow,slow disposal kills us every time we go forward.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bucks says Freo were hungrier to win it, that's why we lost.....yep blame the players, not the game plan or the effort taken to play such a defensive game plan.
So we look like playing the exact same sh1t against Sydney....

They were probably exhausted after their 5 setter at Roland Garros.

I've been big on speeding up the transition, but the amount of times they pulled back from quick transition tonight, it was pretty obvious that they had no forwards in the arc at all. Our structure sucks and can only result in slow entries to congestion.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I've been big on speeding up the transition, but the amount of times they pulled back from quick transition tonight, it was pretty obvious that they had no forwards in the arc at all. Our structure sucks and can only result in slow entries to congestion.
That’s the genius in my solution, it attacks both problems.

Let’s not forget he had been playing poorly for a few weeks too.....

His poor is still good in our team lol He may fumble and not always be what people want, but he doesnt often lose one on one. Taberner wouldn't have kicked 4 on him thats for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back