Autopsy Freo 61 - 49 Collingwood

fu** I love Crowden on the end of a forward handpass. The close up shot of him after his intercept goal where it faded to the full moon, thought we had werewolf-crowden.

When he gets the ball and is moving forward we score. 2 goals from 4 shots and 2 goals assists, definition of an impact player.

Serong, wins hard ball, wins clearance, our best handballer. Elite
in the 2nd quarter I reckon he touched it twice for two score involvements. absolute impact player, forward of centre he’s bloody fun to watch

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gee the bounce is sh*t. Anyone watching it.

How is that on the air in today's day and age? Broadcasters are crying poor and they put that drivel on instead of post match analysis and some interviews by Pav with the winners.

10 minutes on a fake tan for a 55 year old was torture while waiting for the song....

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
How is that on the air in today's day and age? Broadcasters are crying poor and they put that drivel on instead of post match analysis and some interviews by Pav with the winners.

10 minutes on a fake tan for a 55 year old was torture while waiting for the song....
It's pathetic tv. And that's being kind. Always has been. Total cringe!

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
I must admit I have been quite skeptical of the short and considered ball movement style that we've been using out of the back half this year. Too many years watching Shane Parker and co miss easy kicks perhaps. If there is a 'top' team I don't want to be like it is Collingwood with their inability to score consistently meaning they disappear every second or third game.

That said today it worked well. I think we need to get a bit better at pulling the trigger more quickly on the fast break. Hogan just has to get fit for this to work. Tabs, irrespective of his status as the ultimate engima of a KPF, is just not a CHF. We need that outlet.

It's also pretty encouraging that you can make an argument for about 6-8 B22 players being out today.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo

I’ve consumed 90% less footy media this year and I’ve enjoyed footy way more
I’m pretty well down to sport fm for breakfast radio and abc sports talk on the weekend
The rest of the clowns May as well be me and a few mates talking footy on the back deck having a few beers

JimmyG1995

Draftee
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think that Lobb is best in the ruck over Darcy. Especially if we are looking at getting Hogan back. having Lobb, Tab and Hogan in the forward line is too tall and doesnt allow for the pressure that we want/need in our forward line. Luke Ryan is the GOAT and Fyfe was pretty good in his return. Serong star of the future.

I think that Lobb is best in the ruck over Darcy. Especially if we are looking at getting Hogan back. having Lobb, Tab and Hogan in the forward line is too tall and doesnt allow for the pressure that we want/need in our forward line. Luke Ryan is the GOAT and Fyfe was pretty good in his return. Serong star of the future.
Disagree on the Lobb vs Darcy. Lobb is not a number 1 ruck. He’s shown that enough now. We keep trying to pigeonhole hole him into a ruck or fed, the fact is that he is best as a forward/ruck.

He’s not strong enough to win or even halve ruck contests against 1st choice rucks but he smashes second choice rucks and provides a point around the ground.

Darcy first choice, Lobb relieving.

JimmyG1995

Draftee
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Disagree on the Lobb vs Darcy. Lobb is not a number 1 ruck. He’s shown that enough now. We keep trying to pigeonhole hole him into a ruck or fed, the fact is that he is best as a forward/ruck.

He’s not strong enough to win or even halve ruck contests against 1st choice rucks but he smashes second choice rucks and provides a point around the ground.

Darcy first choice, Lobb relieving.
Very fair i did like him rotating in there and it does allow Tabs to permanently stay fwd which is working. just concerned that we might end up too tall for our own good in the forward line.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I'd never do it in a million years, but I wonder as to what clubs would give up to trade Luke Ryan? An early second round selection? A late first round selection?

Very fair i did like him rotating in there and it does allow Tabs to permanently stay fwd which is working. just concerned that we might end up too tall for our own good in the forward line.
It’s my concern as well and I’ve said it a few times. I’m not sure a Lobb/Tabs/Hogan forwardline works, especially when we are going to have Sturt and Fyfe up there for a while.

Guess we have no choice but to find out

JimmyG1995

Draftee
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s my concern as well and I’ve said it a few times. I’m not sure a Lobb/Tabs/Hogan forwardline works, especially when we are going to have Sturt and Fyfe up there for a while.

Guess we have no choice but to find out
I mean the eagles won a premiership with Jk, Darling and Vardy/Hickey resting forward while the other rucked so we have seen it does work. Just interesting when they are pretty much all CHFs/FFs.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taberner and Lachie schulz are both forwards that have been copped crap on this board in the last few weeks.

Tabs kicks 4 and schulz kicks 2 as well.

Crowden returns and kicks 2 as well.

Serong looks very good.
Tabs was excellent and has been good all season. Schultz needs to be more consistent. He was ok tonight - kicked two but he’s a small forward and it’s his job to kick goals. It’s not enough to play well then turn in 2 or 3 absolute stinker performances like he did after the saints game. He is safe for another week after today but I don’t want to see anymore 8 disposals at zero percent Disposal efficiency from him.
Matera out and Walter in next week for sure.

Back