Preview Swans v Pies Covid Breachers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will get smashed.

Hopefully the crows can upset the demons.

Anything is possible with Melbourne.

Don't know who I would rather be, Melbourne or the Crow, both seem like a decade away from playing finals again.

Don't know who I would rather be, Melbourne or the Crow, both seem like a decade away from playing finals again.

With the way we're going you wont have to wonder :)

adelaide are more likely to play home games going forward

I'd like to see

OUT - Blakey, Gray, L. Taylor, Bell

IN - McLean, Wicks, Foot, Brand (if fit - or Maibaum)

Throw Wicks in midfield, see what he can do.
Holy moly, don't think I've seen a player that needs to be dropped more than Blakey.

Still wouldn't drop him. It's a developing year. Let him work his way through this small issue.

You don't drop him, you "manage" him. He needs to be "managed".

Last edited:
I'd like to see

OUT - Blakey, Gray, L. Taylor, Bell

IN - McLean, Wicks, Foot, Brand (if fit - or Maibaum)

Throw Wicks in midfield, see what he can do.
I didn't mind L Taylor...think he might hold his spot. Do we know exactly who is in Brisbane, is it the whole squad? I think we see Wicks this week as well. Would love to see Sinclair get a rest (not sure his contract status but feel like this is his last year ) and try Amartey. Its basically now or never for him surely. Otherwise I think Aliir might be best served as ruck and resting forward. His defensive play not up to usual standard right now for mine. That brings Gould or Maibaum to the selection table. Dawson is the other one for me who seems really lost at the moment. Dosent seem to have a role and doesn't seem to be able to create one on the go. He has been in no mans land a number of times this year. Maybe with his kick we need to play him across half-forward or a high half forward and deliver the ball inside fifty or go for goal, he at least has options there.

We could have done with a midseason draft this year.

I really am not too bothered as long as we keep rotating players through. We need to find players who can sustain the new methods. Like for like probably goes out the window a little bit.

OUT - Blakey, Gray, Sinclair
IN - Amartey, Wicks, Brand (assuming fit)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind L Taylor...think he might hold his spot. Do we know exactly who is in Brisbane, is it the whole squad? I think we see Wicks this week as well. Would love to see Sinclair get a rest (not sure his contract status but feel like this is his last year ) and try Amartey. Its basically now or never for him surely. Otherwise I think Aliir might be best served as ruck and resting forward. His defensive play not up to usual standard right now for mine. That brings Gould or Maibaum to the selection table. Dawson is the other one for me who seems really lost at the moment. Dosent seem to have a role and doesn't seem to be able to create one on the go. He has been in no mans land a number of times this year. Maybe with his kick we need to play him across half-forward or a high half forward and deliver the ball inside fifty or go for goal, he at least has options there.

We could have done with a midseason draft this year.

I really am not too bothered as long as we keep rotating players through. We need to find players who can sustain the new methods. Like for like probably goes out the window a little bit.

OUT - Blakey, Gray, Sinclair
IN - Amartey, Wicks, Brand (assuming fit)

Agree on all fronts.

I wouldn't even mind Amartey & McLean coming in as two young rucks to share rucking duties. Sinclair is no good.

Needs to play. Learn the nuances of forward play. Won't learn that twidling his thumb being dropped.

Reckon he needs a rest in order to help him, putting him out there at the moment is not teaching him anything, other than maybe have him thinking he is not up to the level.

Reckon he needs a rest in order to help him, putting him out there at the moment is not teaching him anything, other than maybe have him thinking he is not up to the level.

He at least had chances on Saturday, another week he kicks those and all of a sudden it's a good day. We don't have an alternative that would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back