Autopsy Freo 61 - 49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 24 years and 5 months.
wow still super young. that to me is at least a first and probably something like a 4th aswell. depends though as he is more meant to be a 3rd defender zoning off like Jeremy Howe while having Pearce and Hamling as 1 and 2. so, of course still hypothetical, may not be worth that much to other teams.

wow still super young. that to me is at least a first and probably something like a 4th aswell. depends though as he is more meant to be a 3rd defender zoning off like Jeremy Howe while having Pearce and Hamling as 1 and 2. so, of course still hypothetical, may not be worth that much to other teams.
Yeah, it's an interesting scenario to ponder, as many supporters staunchly believe he is our third best player.

Anyone remember what Marcus North was like as an international cricket. Either tonnes up or scored under 10, eventually got dropped even though he tonned up like a test or so ago.

Schultz is the Marcus North of the Fremantle Dockers

Anyone remember what Marcus North was like as an international cricket. Either tonnes up or scored under 10, eventually got dropped even though he tonned up like a test or so ago.

I more remember Shaun Marsh's interesting form lines, although sometimes you wish you could forget!

the lack of Marcus North highlights on youtube is a disgrace, need to get robelinda2 onto that. his century in India 2 tests prior to being dropped surely deserves to be on youtube

hogan, tabs and lobb would work in jlo's game plan I'll admit i was skeptical in RTB game plan.

proof; fyfe played similar to what hogan would as a forward and he drew the best which allowed tabs to kick four. hogan is a better forward than fyfe and lobb tabs combo works so i think our three talls would be awesome.

I honestly don’t think Shultz is the issue. He busts a gut every game, but he should not be expected to be the small forward goalkicker, but the hard working small forward who makes the others look good.

Think Paul Puopolo, he averaged less than a goal a game in a very good side but did a lot of the hard yards for the likes of Gunstan, Breust & Rioli. We just need Walters or Henry & Sturt (or dare I say McCarthy) to increase their output & Shultz will evolve & play his role each week with little fanfare.

I stand before you and say I was wrong. Many a time I have said that Crowden does not have what it takes to make it at AFL level. Tonight he proved me wrong. I apologise to Mitch, and I sincerely hope he continues to play as he did tonight. That kick to set up Fyfe was sublime, and his shrugged tackle, little shimmy, take an extra second and kick a goal was the sign of a class player.

Lachie Schultz - I’ll hold my judgement on him for a few weeks until he can string a few consistent games together, but he is showing good signs. Tonight he was good.

Interesting that Serong’s, Mundy’s and Fyfe’s stats were close to exactly the same. That’s rarefied air that young Caleb is breathing! How exciting!

For a project player off the rookie list, Tabs has turned out ok. Pretty happy that they persisted with him rather than delisting like many wanted for a long time.

Luke Ryan. He should be walking 8’ tall after his efforts over the last few weeks. A-grade.

Winners all over the ground. Good job boys. I’m feeling quite content tonight. 💜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tabs is the most watchable player in the afl. no matter what happens he always does something, you can't help but watch. Sometimes its a trainwreck, sometimes its like watching shawshank redemption for the first time.
You know what? You’re wrong.

It’s Frederick. Haven’t seen or heard fans get excited whenever he has the footy nor around his opponent about to make a tackle, for a long long time. That’s Ballas like. Freaking exciting to watch.

You know what? You’re wrong.

It’s Frederick. Haven’t seen or heard fans get excited whenever he has the footy nor around his opponent about to make a tackle, for a long long time. That’s Ballas like. Freaking exciting to watch.
Love 💘 watching freddy, looks so powerful & fast running with a beautiful kicking action. Going to be a player..im not gay but if I was

We didnt miss banfield that’s for shre
Like others have said, he seems like a terrific bloke but he’s not an AFL footballer. Crowden created 4 goals today. Banfield wouldn’t have been able to create any of them besides maybe the intercept.

There is a certain speed you need to be able to function at that he just doesn’t have.

Will dominate WAFL

Just from my earlier comment about how similar Fyfe/Mundy/Serong stats were:

Fyfe - 24 possessions 11 kicks 13 handballs
Serong - 24 possessions 13 kicks 11 handballs
Mundy - 23 possessions 11 kicks 12 handballs
Winner: Serong (just over Fyfe)

Fyfe - 2 marks, 1 goal, 2 tackles, 3 I50
Serong - 2 marks, 0 goals, 6 tackles, 2 I50
Mundy - 4 marks, 1 goal, 5 tackles, 3 I50
Winner: Mundy

Fyfe - 8 clearances, 18 CP
Serong - 9 clearances, 14 CP
Mundy - 10 clearances, 15 CP
Winner: Fyfe (just over Mundy)

Fyfe - 80% TOG, 63% DE, SC 112
Serong - 77% TOG, 67% DE, SC 114
Mundy - 73% TOG, 70% DE, SC 110
Tie: Serong/Mundy

The young fella can play - and Mundy at 35 has still got it. 👍🏽 And they both just shaded Fyfe overall tonight.

Last edited:
Just watched the replay. Really strange game again. But I enjoyed it. best of the year. Played very good footy. Much better then both other wins. And against a much better opposition. St. Kilda are higher on the ladder now but gifted us 3 off-quarters. Deadset accurate btw. Which seems to happen quite a bit this season. But won us the game. Collingwood probably had just a normal accuracy. They didn't miss easy shots like Adelaide and St. Kilda did. Scoreless quarters pretty common as well. Really a strange season.

Stirring victory! Young players leading the charge, fair to say Serong is giving me a stiffy the size of the Eiffel Tower!! Deadset raging gun, some player already after, what...6 games?! Holy sma-goly. Well Tabs has gone from "crabener" to grabener for sure, lovely work today...4 nice goals. Really hope he plays out the season. Enjoyed Schultz's performance after a few AWOL ones, about 90.9% Disposal Efficiency if you don't mind! Only off 11 disposals, stop nitpicking!

Lobb, I enjoyed his game. He works hard - quite an unsung hero, goes about his business. Has been a bit inconsistent but played well today.

Great to have Fyfe back. No Walters/Tucker/Aish from last week. Thought Crowden was great - tough nuggety style. Kicking goals and shaking off tackles....yeahhhhh! Blakely. Okay - Connor, you gave me nightmares every time you kicked it, shaky as hell by foot, but other than that quite solid. Did some good grunt work and tightened up the midfield. Mundy - immense. True trojan warrior.

Overall, excellent team display. Shame there's no game next week but the break may come in handy for the likes of Sturt, Hogan & Hill. More of the same against the Squawks please!!

Gosh, there was a lot to like this game. Most hit it here already but I’d like to give a shout out to JLo and the selection committee for making the tough calls and dropping a mediocre Acres and low impact Banfield and bringing in some players with hunger and drive. Blakley wasn’t perfect but he got quite a bit of the ball. And Crowden was his typical grunt and effort with a just enough class. Keeping them out clearly made them hungry to prove their doubters wrong tonight.

How many times have we lamented over the past few years when players were picked that just didnt deserve it? RTB gifted way too many players games. Glad JLo doesn’t.

Considering the injuries JLo has had to deal with I’ve been really happy with his team selection week in and week out. I can’t even imagine what we’d be like with a full health squad....

Actually, never mind. I CAN imagine what we’d be like. We’d be a top 6 side.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey there, I intruded in your prematch thread saying you guys had a shot, and lo and behold the Dockers came through.

I know from my perspective that was one of our worst games in a long time, but it has to be said: your boys executed a game of football that completely crippled the pies and had us on the back foot the entire match. Pressure immense, contributions everywhere, and half your best 22 injured outs.

You guys are gonna develop into a real contender if this kinda stuff keeps up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back