Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason anyone knows she ****ed up by going to the day spa is because she posted about it on her public Instagram account

According to some comments in relation to this, Brooke is some sort of influencer which is why she posted her trip the spa

And basically everyone is supporting Cleary and calling this out for the BS it is - though there is one small cohort supporting the AFL because what Cleary did is apparently wrong... Guess which team they support 🙄

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow that story about Cleary is pretty crazy.

Tbh when you think about it it's pretty freaking weird that many of the biggest-name AFL journalists are also AFL employees. We're so desensitised to it that no one ever comments on the conflict of interest but for almost every other sport the governing body and the media have a much sharper disconnect.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow! He is an AFL employee before he is a journalist.
I know that's not a surprise but what a disgrace.

It's no real surprise. The AFL tried to deny they were even journos for ages and instead that they were just "communications managers":

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Pies seemed to have peaked against us- downhill all the way now.;)
Its how I felt watching WCE. They had basically their best team minus McGovern, Nic Nat in a purple patch, home ground, fans are back, we are missing very important players, and they needed some dubious umpiring and some incredible luck to fall over the line.

And somehow they are flag favourites?

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Its how I felt watching WCE. They had basically their best team minus McGovern, Nic Nat in a purple patch, home ground, fans are back, we are missing very important players, and they needed some dubious umpiring and some incredible luck to fall over the line.

And somehow they are flag favourites?
And we played 4 days earlier in the wet and clearly ran out of legs.
I think the cats would be looking forward to a return match up.

frggr

May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong

I think we need a collection of Coach Faces:

CLARKOZOMBIE.jpeg

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
They were one man down at quarter time.
To even manage to regain the lead was impressive in itself.
Yeah but playing a team who had a slog in the wet off a 4 day break, its like we did a running session before the match. If they had lost two players it might not have been enough to balance it out.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah but playing a team who had a slog in the wet off a 4 day break, its like we did a running session before the match. If they had lost two players it might not have been enough to balance it out.
Ehhh - first gamer though. Not saying it was nothing, but it wasn't like losing Selwood within the first 15 minutes

No you are spot on but it's not about the quality of the player. It begins to be more about nutrition and rotations on the bench when you are a man down early.
We have learnt this the hard way many times over the years losing a player early in a game.

I just think you look at the output we received from Guthrie, Menegola, Tuohy, Constable (before he was knocked out) and we will need the same distribution from all players in a re-match.
We can certainly count on Duncan, Dangerfield, Selwood and Stewart to be solid next time but do we get the same output from the others?

On the flip side Gaff and Hurn played their worst games for years. They regain McGovern and it's why I think West Coast have a little more in reserve if both teams play again.

frggr

May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
No you are spot on but it's not about the quality of the player. It begins to be more about nutrition and rotations on the bench when you are a man down early.
We have learnt this the hard way many times over the years losing a player early in a game.

I just think you look at the output we received from Guthrie, Menegola, Tuohy, Constable (before he was knocked out) and we will need the same distribution from all players in a re-match.
We can certainly count on Duncan, Dangerfield, Selwood and Stewart to be solid next time but do we get the same output from the others?

On the flip side Gaff and Hurn played their worst games for years. They regain McGovern and it's why I think West Coast have a little more in reserve if both teams play again.

Fair points :)

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair points :)

Who knows though?
This year is as messed up as it ever has been.
Port Adelaide and Brisbane are in top form but they aren't really being fancied by the general public. Brisbane are a super team waiting to explode.
If Hipwood and McStay get their s**t together, good luck.

Hypocrite Eddie is back

Eddie explained that at the time he was calling for harsh penalties to be implemented by the AFL, but since they chose to take another path he's accepted the penalties put in place.

"My position has been absolutely consistent. The AFL have taken a different path and here we are."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back