Prediction Changes: Round 9 Vs Collingwood + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How wet is it over there?

Watching us play in the wet is my least preferred activity.

I just looked at the detailed hour by hour view on my weather app & basically its due to start pissing down an hour before the match & continue till its over then stop. Just like last week! The Gods are going to greater lengths to humiliate us this year than even long suffering Freo fans are used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at the detailed hour by hour view on my weather app & basically its due to start pissing down an hour before the match & continue till its over then stop. Just like last week! The Gods are going to greater lengths to humiliate us this year than even long suffering Freo fans are used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't Collingwood a high possession team...unlike us a successful one.

All we got to do is play for territory. If Grundy, Moore are beating us in the air, there's nothing wrong with kicking at the feet of Freddy, Shultz, Matera etc. See Ports win over Wce last year in the wet. That's how we win.

If we try our game style of short pissy little kicks when it's pissing down. Dare is say we'll lose by 50 points. Just keep that ball going, don't over handball and I can't stress enough that you don't have to kick it up in the air. Be smart Freo.

Bulldogs beat the all conquering bombers with the dodgy SUPER flood in 2000, there's no reason we can't best Collingwood with dribble mongrel kicks to our fwd 50. Longmuir has to swallow his pride and implement it tonight.

Is there a scratchy for the 2s tomorrow?

Scratch match was some time on Saturday. I've seen some pics and a very short vid on Collingwood's website. Seems like there was a few players from somewhere else added in to boost the numbers. Limited pics but from the list of emergencies: North & Meek.

Last edited:
I'm backing Mitch Crowden in this week.
I'm asking him to play Zorko's role, don't over wrestle at stoppages, hit stoppages and front and centres at speed. We need have our extractors hit the forward 45 degree pandpass for Mitch to accelerate into.

I feel like our players need a physics lecture or 2 on monentum (and maybe a couple psychology lectures on the other type of momentum).

The way we handball and handball receive makes nothing possible other than a hack kick around the body. Hit some forward moving targets lads.

Mitch can be a play maker for us. When he isn't flat footed his involvements in our attacking play are legit.
Claiming this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back